Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214552 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
Sorry(just kidding that isn't an acronym) ;)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »
That's Some Overly Redundant Recurring ... Y

Okay, jokes over. I've almost finished the Item list for Rabbit. I'm trying to limit it to items that make sense, so rather then a Vorpal Riverstone or a Merciful Nuclear Bomb, it'll be stuff like a Ring of Sustenance or Feather Token (Tree) or something.

Building continues.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »
Love the setup, osle -- quick question.  Does being a Hylian Warrior mean that Zax has to be in (or have been in) the Hylian Guard? 

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
Do my pokemon act on my initiative in combat or do they have their own?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
Love the setup, osle -- quick question.  Does being a Hylian Warrior mean that Zax has to be in (or have been in) the Hylian Guard?

You can be, but it's not necessary. You may've been taught by a retired veteran for example.

Do my pokemon act on my initiative in combat or do they have their own?
Ah, yes, I knew I was forgeting something.

Since PbP combat is quite slow, all members on each side all act on the same iniative. At the start of combat everybody rolls iniative and the side with better one goes first.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
Two more questions: 
A) Can I take Quicken/etc. Spell-Like ability for my pokeballs since using them is "treated as a spell like ability"? 

B) If I do so, would it apply to greatballs, etc?  To quote from the text of the ability, "It behaves just like a Pokéball except that it costs 1000 Gold and 80 experience points to craft and inflicts 1d4 nonlethal damage per caster level."  Also, Craft Greatball is a SU ability while Craft Pokeball is a SP ability.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
Not sure if these have been asked.

Are pokemon going to be: a little bit everywhere; in their own area; have an area of johto / orange isles / etc., but also occur elsewhere?

Is it just the country of Dreamland (Land of Dream, by what you have written), or are you doing it as the country being just a part of Planet Pop Star? (Only asking for fluff reasons, don't plan to go anywhere on pop-star other than Dreamland myself.)

I take it I got to Hyrule via the overlap with Kremmela? I imagine having walked into Kremmela through some kind of portal / gate, then going to the Isles on some kind of watercraft. Is that about right?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
Two more questions: 
A) Can I take Quicken/etc. Spell-Like ability for my pokeballs since using them is "treated as a spell like ability"? 

B) If I do so, would it apply to greatballs, etc?  To quote from the text of the ability, "It behaves just like a Pokéball except that it costs 1000 Gold and 80 experience points to craft and inflicts 1d4 nonlethal damage per caster level."  Also, Craft Greatball is a SU ability while Craft Pokeball is a SP ability.
A) As long as you have enough CL to qualify.

B)Yes. Craft greatball being Su simple means you can't make one inside an AMF field, the ball itself is still like a SLA.

Not sure if these have been asked.

Are pokemon going to be: a little bit everywhere; in their own area; have an area of johto / orange isles / etc., but also occur elsewhere?

Is it just the country of Dreamland (Land of Dream, by what you have written), or are you doing it as the country being just a part of Planet Pop Star? (Only asking for fluff reasons, don't plan to go anywhere on pop-star other than Dreamland myself.)

I take it I got to Hyrule via the overlap with Kremmela? I imagine having walked into Kremmela through some kind of portal / gate, then going to the Isles on some kind of watercraft. Is that about right?
-Pokemon are dramatically common back on Planet Earth, actualy making up for most of the population of non-human creatures. They're a little bit everywhere in other worlds due to smuggling, sneaking trough portals, or being released by wandering trainers.

-Not very sure of that, I'll let you decide. Whatever fluff you come up with is less fluff for me to make. :p

-Yes, special gates of diferent kinds connect the worlds. They're however either temporary/unstable or usually in relatively dangerous areas that are yet to be tamed so the general population is unable to use them. Once you got in the other world, finding passage on one of the many boats going to the Hyrulian islands would be trivial.

Offline Ziegander

• bkdubs123 reborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »
Yes, special gates of diferent kinds connect the worlds. They're however either temporary/unstable or usually in relatively dangerous areas that are yet to be tamed so the general population is unable to use them. Once you got in the other world, finding passage on one of the many boats going to the Hyrulian islands would be trivial.

I'm sorry to have dropped the ball on this, guys, but I am happy to see that Oslecamo has picked up where I left off. Note, that I had originally intended for Outset Isle (the westernmost of the Hyrulian Isles) to be an area not unlike the Kremellan Warp Zone in which the fabric between the Material Plane and the Land of Dream is very thin. Arias' character could have crossed over directly onto Outset Isle.

Would anyone have any objections if I continue to look into Fire Emblem and write things up for the remainder of the Elibe continent?

I also noticed that someone had asked about Pikmin. It was originally my intention that Pikmin exist in the "Cosmic Nintendo Universe" much like Metroid and Starfox, but that Olimar had recently crash landed on Earth where he serves as a messenger of sorts, warning the world leaders of the impending alien attack and working to fight against them (taking the place of Buzz Buzz from Earthbound, if anyone knows what I'm talking about).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »
Anybody have suggestions for my last open feat that I get at first level?

Offline Ziegander

• bkdubs123 reborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »

In the IRL game I was supposed to start but didn't, because one of my friends was dragging his feet and didn't actually want to play (shakeshead), the pokemaster took Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning. Since the pokemaster treats pokemon as summoned creatures, and since technically anyone can take Spell Focus, I allowed the combo to work. You should see if Oslecamo will allow it. You might also try to get Oslecamo to allow feats like Bloodline of Fire, or other caster level-based feats since you have the class feature "Caster Levels."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »

Improved Initiative.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Yes, special gates of diferent kinds connect the worlds. They're however either temporary/unstable or usually in relatively dangerous areas that are yet to be tamed so the general population is unable to use them. Once you got in the other world, finding passage on one of the many boats going to the Hyrulian islands would be trivial.

I'm sorry to have dropped the ball on this, guys, but I am happy to see that Oslecamo has picked up where I left off. Note, that I had originally intended for Outset Isle (the westernmost of the Hyrulian Isles) to be an area not unlike the Kremellan Warp Zone in which the fabric between the Material Plane and the Land of Dream is very thin. Arias' character could have crossed over directly onto Outset Isle.

Would anyone have any objections if I continue to look into Fire Emblem and write things up for the remainder of the Elibe continent?
Go ahead, it would be quite nice if we could have you as Co-DM helping with the fluff when you can.

I also noticed that someone had asked about Pikmin. It was originally my intention that Pikmin exist in the "Cosmic Nintendo Universe" much like Metroid and Starfox, but that Olimar had recently crash landed on Earth where he serves as a messenger of sorts, warning the world leaders of the impending alien attack and working to fight against them (taking the place of Buzz Buzz from Earthbound, if anyone knows what I'm talking about).

Plothook for later levels get da ze!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24:51 PM »

In the IRL game I was supposed to start but didn't, because one of my friends was dragging his feet and didn't actually want to play (shakeshead), the pokemaster took Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning. Since the pokemaster treats pokemon as summoned creatures, and since technically anyone can take Spell Focus, I allowed the combo to work. You should see if Oslecamo will allow it. You might also try to get Oslecamo to allow feats like Bloodline of Fire, or other caster level-based feats since you have the class feature "Caster Levels."

Oslecamo, a vote on this?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »
Ok, I'll allow you to take summon-boosters, but pokemon will also be vulnerable to anti-summon stuff, like Magic Circle, dispel magic and dismissal (the later two and similar effects would make your pokemon return to their pokeball).

EDIT: On other news, Heroes of Hyrule material has been aproved by me and any players can use it, plus I'll definetely be using it for NPCs here and there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:22:49 AM by oslecamo »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2012, 08:31:10 AM »
EDIT: On other news, Heroes of Hyrule material has been aproved by me and any players can use it, plus I'll definetely be using it for NPCs here and there.

Woot!  New version of Zax to be posted soon.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »
Oselcamo, there's an enchantment called Soulbound that allows someone to invest essentia into the weapon to bolster its enchantment bonus. It starts at +1, and can go up to +3 when 2 points of Essentia are invested into it, which is the max. "Metroid As Incarnum" works as Incarnum but does changes the name from Essentia to Energy.  Would you allow me to take the Soulbound enchantment and apply Energy from the class as though it were essentia?

I realize it's a little thing, but names are big things in D&D, and I want to make sure that this is alright by you.
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
No. From what I've seen so far is much easier and viable to get more energy than it was ever to get more essentia, thus making a direct Soulbound conversion too strong for my tastes.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »
Understood. Thank you again for another quick reply.

Building is nearing completion.

EDIT: Build is complete.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:59:00 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »
@ Osle:
I put up the racial feats.
Evaluate and let me know what you think.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome