Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214557 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
@ Osle:
I put up the racial feats.
Evaluate and let me know what you think.

Looking all pretty good, but why does the Wonderful Engulfment has a higher DC for creatures that normally would be immune to Paralyzis?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
@ Osle:
I put up the racial feats.
Evaluate and let me know what you think.

Looking all pretty good, but why does the Wonderful Engulfment has a higher DC for creatures that normally would be immune to Paralyzis?

The idea behind the feat is that if you are an undead, now the kirby can keep you "paralyzed" too, by just not using that status.
But dazing psions removes their ability to escape by psycoportation, because paralysis doesn't stop you from using mental actions and daze does. So I made it so that I can try to keep them from concentrating, but that gives them a bonus on the save.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
I see no reason why psions should get an easier time than undeads and constructs, in particular when undeads and constructs have no Con-score of their own and bad natural fort progressions.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »
Changed. back to what I'd originally written too. There were other reasons in the original train of thought for making it what you saw, but rethinking about them, umm, most of them were pretty poorly thought out.

Main things I care about though, are Mystic Inhale and Air Gun Master.

Edit:
I see no reason why psions should get an easier time than undeads and constructs, in particular when undeads and constructs have no Con-score of their own and bad natural fort progressions.
BTW, they get a Will save, not a Fort. so the no-con-score thing isn't holding them back against me. (though I don't see me beating most constructs in a grapple)
 and the Mundane (academical foods) items are up.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:49:08 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
Ok, I'll allow you to take summon-boosters, but pokemon will also be vulnerable to anti-summon stuff, like Magic Circle, dispel magic and dismissal (the later two and similar effects would make your pokemon return to their pokeball).

Boo.   :p

I can deal with that.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
Changed. back to what I'd originally written too. There were other reasons in the original train of thought for making it what you saw, but rethinking about them, umm, most of them were pretty poorly thought out.

Main things I care about though, are Mystic Inhale and Air Gun Master.

Edit:
BTW, they get a Will save, not a Fort. so the no-con-score thing isn't holding them back against me. (though I don't see me beating most constructs in a grapple)
Feats looking good, allowed!

and the Mundane (academical foods) items are up.
Eerr, I'm really not a big fan of expensive customables that allow you to bypass class restrictions. I'll hold those ones out for now untill I see how the kirby class itself plays out.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:14 PM »
And Rabbit's done. Check him over and see if there's anything you like / dislike / pineapples.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
I am calling this my happydance, since there is no :happydance.
 :jumping

Before I bother with anything else, I'm going to draw up the fluff of Land of Dreams and my character. But I'm done for today (and probably tomorrow).

As a for the record, with both mint and curry, I'd have about twice the offensive power of a DragonFire Adept's breath weapon. Add in Yams, and I'd get to about 4x more powerful that that class' breath weapon. So no access to them for a while is kind of what I'd figured. That's stuff for when we're higher level.

As will be the magic items. Cheapest one will be 50,000k, and is a stone that prevents the Kirby from using Engulf, and requires the Wondrous Engulf feat, and it gives a stone (225lb) that lets me use star shot with it every 1d4 rounds. [Shattering Star Stone, requires Make Whole and Shrink Item].
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:29:10 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
Don't forget to make a magic sword. Kirby always had one!
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
That's Metaknight.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
That's Metaknight.

And what did Metaknight give Kirby everytime they fought?
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
In any case, the Galatea, IIRC is a unique sword, in D&D terms, an artifact. And I am a Kirby, not the Kirby. He is a Kirby named Kirby (Kybrin here), and is most likely a new race, seemingly extraterrestrial. I am a Kirby named Mister Kurt Kirbyton

I wont have a, much less the Star Rod, either. Though it will be referenced in the fluff of the Land of Dreams.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
oslecamo, if my pokemon are treated as summons does that mean that they receive the bonuses from summoning boosting feats as long as I own them?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
oslecamo, if my pokemon are treated as summons does that mean that they receive the bonuses from summoning boosting feats as long as I own them?

Yes, but just to be safe check with me any summon-boosting feats you take please.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
Osle, one of my houserules is that whenever you have an effect based on 1/2 of an ability modifier, you round down with an even score and up with an odd score (so for example a greatsword wielder with a 16 vs 17 strength would do 2d6+4 vs 2d6+5).  It give a small benefit for odd scores and makes things scale more smoothly.  Would you be interested in carrying that over?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
And Rabbit's done. Check him over and see if there's anything you like / dislike / pineapples.

I said d20 Modern weapons were ok, not everything in d20 future.

Seems like Garryl never got around to finishing his MaI weapons table, so if you want energy weapons please use this. You can also pick any other magipunk items from that thread that you want.

To the energy guns, I'll be adding the option of durable energy crystals. They count as normal ranged attacks, not ranged touch attacks, but are good for 50 shots before reloading instead of just 1. base energy crystals, that cost 1/100th as much but count as normal attacks instead of touch attacks. Both good for 20 shots before reloading.

You can keep the Display glasses, but I'll have to ask you to remove the aquaconverter, duracable and grappler tags, which are also from d20 future if I'm not mistaken.

Osle, one of my houserules is that whenever you have an effect based on 1/2 of an ability modifier, you round down with an even score and up with an odd score (so for example a greatsword wielder with a 16 vs 17 strength would do 2d6+4 vs 2d6+5).  It give a small benefit for odd scores and makes things scale more smoothly.  Would you be interested in carrying that over?
No. It's a rather small benefit and I'm already used to always rounding down. And I have a lot of stat blocks to check between NPCs and monsters.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:49:28 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »

Seems like Garryl never got around to finishing his MaI weapons table, so if you want energy weapons please use this. You can also pick any other magipunk items from that thread that you want.

To the energy guns, I'll be adding the option of durable energy crystals. They count as normal ranged attacks, not ranged touch attacks, but are good for 50 shots before reloading instead of just 1.

Er, Magipunk guns have 20 shot clips crystals, not single shot. Unless you're changing them for this game, of course.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

To the energy guns, I'll be adding the option of durable energy crystals. They count as normal ranged attacks, not ranged touch attacks, but are good for 50 shots before reloading instead of just 1.

You can keep the Display glasses, but I'll have to ask you to remove the aquaconverter, duracable and grappler tags, which are also from d20 future if I'm not mistaken.

No. It's a rather small benefit and I'm already used to always rounding down. And I have a lot of stat blocks to check between NPCs and monsters.

No problem, and re: energy guns, what Garryl said :)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:48 PM »
As far as I am aware, this is the only list of summoning feats around.  Augment Summoning is the generically good one, although having to waste a feat on Spell Focus will be annoying.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
oslecamo, take a look through Jeremy's sheet and let me know what you think.

Edit: The Ivysaur has some its grapple bonus wrong.  I also adjusted the save DC of its Insanity Mist poison to 10+1/2 hd + con mod as normal, let me know if you want me to put it at the static dc.  Furthermore for some reason it is listed as being able to make iterative slam attacks (as is venusaur).  Fixing that.  Also, can I just take out the part of constrict mentioning creature size? 

Edit edit: Adding relevant type information to pokemon stat blocks.  Elementals are normally not subject to flanking, but I assume that Ponytas are correct?