Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164379 times)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »
No real thoughts or anything.
Will thank Zax profusely later after the battle.

Go strait up another 80ft, and retreat by 5ft. (150ft over L24).
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2012, 01:59:43 AM »
Kong looks to the battle, the fairy, and back again. With a distinctly distraught look on his face, He turns to the guards. "I should fight, but I would need healing." It was odd to hear him speaking so clearly, for a beastly being of few words. But he spoke with a practiced tongue, well pronounced. "I have bandages. They will stabilize her, but nothing more. Could they help?" He tried to help, but his head felt light from the blood loss and the wounds still fresh on him, and he did little to assist.

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
Zax swapped equipment again and tried to take down the orc right in front of him.

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44:27 AM »
Rabbit feints steping to the side, but then quickly fires his gun aiming at the pirate commander's large head, skillfully taking cover behind the orc just in front of him! The shot however ends up hiting his target's broad shoulders, which flashes yellow from the impact but otherwise looks unharmed from the attack.

That tickled me! Now I-the pirate commander is interrupted from another of machop's flying barrels, quickly steping out of its path, altough he gets a puzzled look on his face-Just where are those coming from?

Nearby, Zax slices to ribbons the orc that had just wounded him while Kurt flies further up in the sky.

Back in the docks, another guard comes to help. Togheter with the militia, that manage to behave not so incompetently this time, they manage to fully close Pha's wounds. Altough the faery ends up looking like a light-blue mummy from all the bandages wrapped around her.

It is done, thanks Naryu... As for more healing, all I can offer you now is basic healing potions, which I don't think will help with wounds like yours... But aren't you a kong warrior? Isn't your kind renowed for your throwing abilities? Even if you're not fit for the frontline anymore, I'm sure you could still help from the back with our goron bombs.

At the same time the remaining town archers keep peperring the advancing orcs, felling two weakened ones and wounding a couple others. But their commander seems impervious to the projectiles.

Bombard team! Take down that plank!-screams the guard captain to the last bombard. The artillery crew takes aim and fires, hiting the contraptition head on! The pirates advancing trough it fall to the sea, but they aren't left that far off from the stable ice.

Zax finds himself ganked by three more pirates, arpoaching while wildly swinging their halberds. His shield does help him defend himself much better now, but still one of the orcs manages to find a opening on his defenses.

Steping between Rabbit and the pirate commander, the captain stabs  his sword trough the nearby pirate before quickly removing it from the falling body and rising his shield in a defensive position.

I'm the leading officer here! You're outnumbered and in tactical disadvantage! Surrender now, and I promise you merciful treatment for you and your troops.

You're the boss here? Well, where would be the fun on that? Me and my lads would rather die in combat than rot away in some jail! But we won't  need to do neither, because your toy soldiers will crumble the moment I take your head!

The pirate commander rises his serrated glaive, his skin recovering its previous orange color as Pha's ray wears off, and then brings down the large weapon over the small human. The captain throws back his refined steel shield at it, the golden Hyrulian crest emblazoned on its surface is crushed from the impact, but the shield manages to fully block the attack. Only for the pirate commander to follow up with a quick blow to the captain's flank, shreding right trough his light armor, before pulling it out togheter with a lot of gushing blood. The captain is left barely holding on his feets, but manages to whisper to Rabbit.

Finish him... Quickly...

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
It felt good to be given an order again, it almost felt natural. Such a euphoric feeling, really... oh wait, no. That was the gaping hole in his torso, and that warm fuzzy feeling was... oh yes, the ichor. He needed that....

"By your command, Field Commander."

Rabbit squeezed the trigger.

You are on discharge 4 of 50 remaining. Tip: If things look grim, and you are given the chance to defect, take it. You can always return back to your original allegiance and claim it was part of a master plan.

(click to show/hide)

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
"The others are being badly hurt now too," Kurt thought, "The cold blue one is down like I was, the ... monkey? looks better, but is still hurt bad, the one that just saved me from the big pointed stick is getting beaten down, the strange looking man is faltering from the force of the hits, so he's probably not in that good of shape underneath either, and the talky-man just went down."

"I'm hurt too badly, far too badly. Heroics now would get me killed. But I'd be dead now, if it weren't for those that are about to die. I have to do something. The talky man only got so close to help me, the one that saved me is surrounded like I was when I was first hurt so badly. The strange-looking man is the one who came up with most of the best ideas as to help us be heroes."

"I have to do something"

The bomb worked as a distraction before.

Kurt pulls out a grenade, and charges strait toward The Big Guy, picking up speed as he drives himself downward. He releases the explosive, it is blown a little to the north, but still makes contact with The Big Guy!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:56:07 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
Machop throws another barrel while Jeremy focuses on healing his Bayleef.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2012, 02:39:18 AM »
"Fair. Care for her well." Kong considered this, disliked the idea of being struck too many more times, and without another word springs into the air. Gripping the bomb in his hand tightly, he surveyed the battle as he approached.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
Zax hears the captain's whisper and grimaces, but he realizes that if he follows this order, they might all survive this thing.  He backs off slightly and takes two shots with the bow that appears in his hand, but one of them goes wide.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
Rabbit misses his shot, while Machop's barrel grazes it, and Zax's following arrow manages finally manages to to bury itself on the commander's broad chest!

Hey, that hurts! You want me to-

The commander is once again interrupted by an attack. More specifically, a goron bomb droped from above at high speed by Kurt. The ensuing explosion shatters the ice under the commander and sends him splashing into the sea!

Good work! Now, put down the pirates on the ice! Artillery, reload!-orders the captain, trying to stand tall, but clearly shaking from his bleeding wound.

The archers left at the docks focus on the orcs nearby Zax, and after a couple of volleys, none of them is left standing! The bombard crew finishes preparing another shot. The captain himself pulls a small bag out of his belt and throws it at the pirate commander trhasing on the water, but aparently the loss of blood has left him half-blind as he manages to miss the large target.

Near the houses, Pha can hear the militia and guards worrying around her bandaged up body.

Why isn't she moving? You said you had managed to close the wound!
She's lost too much blood! Or whatever's this purple thing is. Clearly it was important for her.
Hold on, I'll try giving her this. Pray to Naryu that it works on faeries as well as it does on us.

Pha can feel a liquid being poured trough her lips, which helps ease the pain and makes her feel... Refreshed.

The pirates still aren't done yet. Their commander finally manages to get a grasp on the remaining ice and pulls himself out. He's in a mess, with several arrows sticking out from his body, half his front teeths broken from the previous round with Kong, several patches of skin burned black from Pha's ice and now several bruises from Kurt's bomb. He bables as he rises himself:

I'm gonna raze down this place... I'm gonna crush your bones... I'm going to pile up your bodies and make a big fire...I'm going to smash your heads, rip your limbs and stomp on whatever's left.... And them I'm gonna get really ANGRY!

The commander's muscles bulge up as his veins seem ready to pop up. He swings his glaive in an arc aimed at the captain's head, only for a tree to pop out of nowhere. Neverthless, splinters fly everywhere as the serrated glaive almost cuts the sudden obstacle in one go.

The remaining pirates seem invigorated by their commander's display, and rise themselves from the water and move to engage whatever they can. Zax easily dodges an ungraceful swing, Rabbit finds his power armor harmlessly deflecting another blow, and even Kurt manages to float away from a javelin that got awfully close. The guard captain isn't as lucky however. An halberd cut trough his armor saps his final ounces of strenght and drops him on the ice. The remaining Hylian guards on the docks gasp at seeing their leader fall and the militia suddenly start looking around as if for a route of escape. The remaining orcs cheer with wicked laughs, while their commander simply snarls and buffs as he pulls of his weapon from the sudden tree and looks for a new target.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »
Kong smiles as he floats closer to the corsair and lobs the bomb at the large captain.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
Pha felt refreshed but was still sorely aching all over. It felt terrible. "Ugh, thanks. Humm...?"
She didn't know her helping hand's name and that was kind of embarrassing.
Still, getting her bearing she looked at what had become of the pirate's advance; things weren't going so well, it seemed, and there wasn't much time for greetings and big notes of gratitude.
She pulled herself up into the air and made her way to the a barricade a fair distance from the main fighting. Her glacial heart was almost completely depleted and so her resources to help were running short. At that distance she would perhaps be able to help a little, maybe even significantly if the goddesses smiled upon them today.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
Jeremy rushes to the edge of the water, drawing his shotput as he does so.  He then launches it at the pirate captain yelling, "Come on guys, we can do it!  Get him Machop!"  Machop then grabs another barrel and tosses it at the captain.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
Jeremy was right. Either they succeeded now, or they failed, and their failure would doom this island to the tyrannical rule of the Pirates. Their homes would be destroyed, their fields harvested to feed the mass of pirates that would swarm upon this island, their resources mined and stored for future invasions. They'd come in so many transports that it would blot out their local star, and from here, the subjugation of the rest of the world would begin.

Standard procedure for a Space Pirate, but these weren't Space Pirates. Damned efficient, though. Bits of memory flashed before Rabbit's vision as his body started to chill from the loss of ichor. There he was in the birthing pod, fresh from the thick nutrient bath. Oh, and there was the assigned natal recruiter, branding him with his identifier. No tears, he was so proud. Of course, all the pain receptors hadn't formed yet, but still...

And there was another memory coming up, so proud on the job. Falling from low orbit to... to subjugate a populace... He saw them all run away, in fear. Almost exactly like what was happening here. No... Not like this... Never again...

With his resolved hardened, he gripped the handle of his blaster tightly. Oh how he'd love to charge in, screaming, and bury his battle scythe up to his elbow in this monster... but he was too quick with that massive glaive, and any protoheroics would be a wasted gesture. Of course, it hurt to breath and it hurt to think about breathing, so any gesture at this point was likely to get him killed. He noticed that Zax was far more accurate with kinetics driven stakes then he was with physics driven accelerated plasma. He stood, drew a bead on the Pirate Commander, and mouthed a soft promise as he patted the Field Commander's shoulder with his free hand.

"See you next mission." and he squeezed the trigger.

(click to show/hide)

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
Golly, that stick got close to me again...
But the big guy was a lot less able to hurt the others because of the distraction at least.
Heroes don't quit. Heroes don't bilk. Heroes Tilt!

Realizing that the big ugly bastard might not be expecting as much, Kurt flies up and over his head, pulling out his 3rd blast-orb, and holds it. Waiting. If that bastard makes one move, one half-step to position himself, one TWITCH of that sharp & shiny that is covered with the remnants of the wounds that it has caused, and Kurt will blast that guy into the sea again.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
Another adjustment, and two more shots.  By the Gods, this beast will not fall!  Well, perhaps Zax can hurry him on his way.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Kong's bomb sends the captain splashing into the water once again, giving the oportunity for Zax and Rabbit to freely shoot at it. The space pirate's blood loss seems to have crippled his acuraccy as he fails once again, but Zax manages to make an arrow stick deep enough to draw out blood.

As Pha closes in, the elves shoot at the remaining pirates threatening the party, taking down another one, while the remaining guards seem to hesitate. Until one of them aims and shoots an orc trough the head.

Clean up the field for the strangers! They're the only ones that can finish that monstrosity!

For the captain!-reply the others as they also loose fresh arrows. The only orc left standing is the one taking cover behind his own commander as both stand in the water. The remaining bombard crew aims and fires at the last enemies, but ends up scattering too high.

The pirate commander roars as he rises himself from the water, only to be once again sent diving down from another bomb from Kurt. The last orc following him is also blown up in pieces by the explosion.

But it still isn't finished. A clawed hand grasps the new ice border again and pulls an half-blasted body from the water. The pirate commander  moves forward, passing right trough Zax and Rabbit while rambling inchoerently,  trying to leave the ice and reach dry land as fast as possible. From his current  wounds he should've by all means droped by now, but aparently his pure anger keeps him moving forward.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
With the pirate commander charging into the village like a mad bull, the situation was getting even more pressing.
He had to be put down as fast as possible. Right away.
Evaluating the distance it seemed he was still too far for her to get close enough for a shut down. It was a shame she had already used her fairy charm for the day.
Perhaps he would be sensible to a less... directly offensive approach.
Pha began to hum melodically, her voice growing louder with a beautiful and dark air that echoed mesmerizingly.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2012, 04:22:41 AM »
Zax takes a swing at the pirate as he moves past....

(click to show/hide)

...and then two more shots!  Go down, you orange bastard.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
All Rabbit could see was an orange blur. The sounds of combat drowned out. Orange Blur...

Graduation from the Academy. Orange Blur...

The assault on the superdreadnought. Engines flared for a ramming maneuver. Orange Blur...

Incarceration by Galactic officers. Was that the Hunter? Orange Blur...

He put away his blaster. He wouldn't need it any longer. He reached for the Goron Bombs he was given. One fell from his weak grip, but the other stayed with him. He lit the fuse with a cutting torch... Orange. Always orange.

He felt cold. He lay on the ice, but it wasn't the ice that chilled him. He trained in the Phendrana Drifts. THAT was cold. This was nothing. He remembered when the laboratories there exploded. Orange Blur...

His vital signs were redlining, warnings were filling up his suit's display. So much red, but it made the orange stand out. With a final moment of strength, he hurled the bomb towards the pirate captain's feet. The explosion would send him to the water, or to his grave.

Heh... he'd meet him there. He fell to the ground, and rolled to his back. Stars. So beautiful. Each of them a world, to conquer. To liberate. To enforce, to preserve. He was a creature of two worlds, birthed into this world through the cervical vats of the third homeworld, trained to enslave... but accepted into a world of liberation and peace...

Something flashed on his internal display moments before he closed his eyes. He couldn't read it, but it was two rows of twelve characters, broken up into four words. To Rabbit's failing vision, a jumble of letters and numbers. What did the Creator expect of him? To remember this insane sequence?

RECORD CURRENT
MISSION STATUS

There was a chunk of static, during which time the characters briefly changed...

RABBIT FIGHTS
PIRATE LOURDS

Then the display went silent. As did Rabbit.

(click to show/hide)

Link to my homebrews