Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164378 times)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
Kong thumps his chest in excitement, trying not to thump the bomb in his grasp, and sprints, kicking up small clouds of dust with each step. As he closes, he pitches the bomb while tightening his grip on the baseball bat.

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
At first, Kurt seems disoriented and a little frightened by the big boom that went off right in from of him. Then, his fears rise when he sees the creatures comming out of the water, right toward him. Then he remembers why he's there.
He remembers that these are bad people. He remembers that he is to become a hero.
Heros do not falter.
Then Kurt seems to almost dance as he spins backwards on one foot, then he furiously inhales bloating himself massively.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
Pha's ice ray flies over the docks, too high to hit anything.

Zax's arrows however are deadly acurate, making his target fall down with two arrow shafts sticking out of his bloodied chest.

Jeremy follows up with his pokemon, but his shoutput fails to pierce trough the pirate's armor and the bayleef's leafs end up geting stuck in the ice around the orcs.

Kong's aim doesn't seem to be much better and his bomb goes over the clumped pirates and drops in the water before exploding, covering them in sea water. They were already as wet as possible tough.

Then as Kurt inhales, one of the pirates manages to latch himself into the ice with his handaxes, but the other is dragged flying trough the air, trough the fire and towards the gaping mouth of the kirby!

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 06:12:38 AM »
Kurt swallows the orc with little resistance, and the private proves powerless once inside the gummy body.

Keep your positions!-yells the captain as he aims an arrow-Keep them at bay with your bows! The ice will slow them down!

The Hylian Guards follow his example and togheter they loose a disciplined volley. The elven warriors silently follow by quickly firing two arrows in sucession, each with a more simple, fluid bow style. Several of the orcs are wounded, and one more falls on the ice bleeding heavily from multiple shots.

The militia however simply grips their weapon, aparently still too shocked from the explosion, while the survivors in the burning battery simply run away with panicked looks on their faces.

Bombards, fire at the incoming ship!-orders the captain as he prepares another shot. The battery crews take aim and three explosion sounds echo trough the docks. Two are pretty lousy and scatter in the water, but one hits the pirate ship head on, releasing splinters of wood and smoke! The crews instantly start reloading the light bombards, preparing another set of shots.

The remaining pirates meanwhile seem to finally have caught a good footing on the ice, and one of them, with an arrow stuck in his shoulder, shouts

Press on  mateys! Don't tell me you're afraid of some small pieces of wood? First loot to those  who draw first blood!

With this words, he releases a warcry and his muscles bulge up, before he performs an extraordinary leap that carries him over the fire on the fortified battery right into the ice! Roaring, he relentessly advances trough the remaining ice and swings both his axes at Kurt! The first attack is too wild and bounces off, but the second manages to cut trough his soft body.

The other pirates follow his example, roaring and bulging up their muscles before suddenly jumping right to the docks, and then pressing on over Pha's ice. Once they get out of it, they prove incredibly fast as they quickly close in with the city defenders and the nearest party members. Once in melee, they swing their dual throwing axes with little on the way of finesse but plenty of raw power. A militia and Hylian Guard quickly go down.

Kurt ends up finding himself surrounded and violently hacked!

Jeremy manages to dodge the first blow at him, but the second axe coming at him violently hits his head, drawing out blood!

Kong finds an axe cuting right trough his armor's flank, but luckily his tick skin manages to stop the blow before it hits anything vital.

As you are engaged in the fighting, two more pirates come out from the hole in the ice, spiting out sea water.

In the horizon, the pirate ship now aproaches at a great speed. At this rate, you estimate you may have less than half a minute before it gets close enough to start directly unloading its cargo over Pha's ice. At least it didn't shoot anything at the docks this time. If that's because their artilley crew is sloppy, they don't want to risk to hit their allies, or they're trying to save on ammo, that's unknown.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:09 AM »
Seeing that two pirates are about to pierce through the less defended side of the docks, Pha activates her pendant and jets downward to shower them with bone-shattering cold. Keeping an eye on the ship's advance was difficult with the pirate invasion already on course. It came to her that she wouldn't be able to linger around here for long before she would have to get in its way to use Rabbit's gadget. It was vexing still; had the captain let her know their siege engines range she  she would already have been out there by the sea to plug the thing, considering it was within range already.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
That piece of protoplasm was getting torn apart! Time to intervene. First, the obvious... as he motioned to Kong.

"Kong, devastate those two!" Rabbit declared as he took a quick hop to the side to start his momentum, then he bee-lined for the Pirates occupying Kurt, his battle scythe carving a chill in the air as he started his charge, his blade leveled towards his target, his war cry echoing in his helmet.

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »
Kurt, having been torn through by the axes many times, his strange physiology managing to close the wounds, but obviously still quite wounded, does not bleed. Instead, as his body processes the wounds, his coloration becomes much lighter, then waivers toward darker. He seems to show his wounds not through bleeding, but rather through "blinking" now that his health is low.

He thinks "Kurt is badly hurt".
In his head, he comments "I would normally chuckle at the rhyme, but this isn't the time!"

Realizing that his best chance is in the sky, he first wiggles his arms furiously, as if to try to fly like a bird.
Then he remembers that he can't float when burdened.

Knowing that he is in serious danger, knowing that he needs to get away now, but cannot, he figures that his only chance is to distract them any way he can, and maybe try to hit them back.

He "dances" again, spinning backward on one foot, somehow the motion managing to befuddle the enemies near him enough to avoid further blows as he takes a stance behind the strange-looking man.
Then he exhales. He exhales with a hurricane force wind coming out of his mouth. Carrying out the enemy orc in the process. The pirate flies out in the wind with such speed that you cannot even register that that is what it is, seeming to be more like a bright star in the after-image of your eyes.

He directs this at the enemy that had threatened him before, but did not, now, threaten anyone.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
Both pirates on north manage to duck  behind the nearby barricades as Pha's freezing wave hits them. Their dark skins do become much paler, while the sea water remains on them crystalyze and leave them partially covered in ice, breathing quickly.

Rabbit has little problem slashing trough of the armor of the raging orc he chose as a target, but he doesn't go down even as the scythe cuts trough and liquifies the flesh on his flank.

Kurt steps away from the swinging axes and spits his load onto the pirate in front of him. Already wounded by an arrow, the orc goes down as his comrade lands on his side, with a confused look on his face as he tries to figure out what just hapened!

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
Gritting his teeth against the cold spray, Zax's blood heats with the danger of the fight.  Gods, he'd missed this.  He focuses on one of the pirates menacing the marshmallow, and smoothly draws the fletchings to his ear before releasing.

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
Bayleef rushes to protect Jeremy, moving forward to protect him.  She slams into the orc that hit Jeremy while at the same time he steps back out of harms way.  He then holds out one of his orbs and says, "Bayleef, return!"  Bayleef then disappears, sucked into the orb. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
Kong's toothy smile erupts to it's fullest display as the axe cuts him. He took a second to look behind him as he heard Rabbit call to him. He grunted excitedly before taking his bat in two hands and mauling the hell out of the Pirate to his left.

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
Zax's first arrow is enough to put down the wounded orc, and his second arrow finds his way into the shoulder of one of the pirates down still down in the ice, that releases a cry of anger with the wound.

Curiously enough, Bayleef's body slamming proves much more effective than her razor leafs,  directly hiting the pirate's crotch. The orc instantly falls in the ground with a whimper.

The pirate facing Kong isn't much luckier, as he's basically reduced to a red stain in the floor under the repeating bat mauling.

Two of the light bombard crews finish recharging and fire again, this time one hiting the pirate ship again. More splinters and smoke are thrown into the air, but it keeps coming at full speed!

"Keep your positions!"-orders the captain as he himself advances out of a barricade, preparing another arrow-"Shoot down the pirates ones in melee first! Remember your training!"

The hylian guards unleash a new volley of arrows, skillfully aiming at the openings between the party members and the remaining pirates they're engaged with. The elves follow them up with their own carefully placed shots  finishing them all off but one heavily wounded orc. Despite several arrows  stuck in  his body and Rabbit's scythe wound, he defiantly raises his axes to strike again. Then a militia-one of those that had been running away a moment earlier-turns back and charges back into the fray, finishing the orc!

I-I did it! I can fight too!

But before he can congratulate himself, one of the pirates that had almost been frozen to death by Pha aproaches and performs a  broad swing with his right axe. At first glance it seemed to be aimed at Rabbit, but such is its might that it cleaves right trough the power armor's shoulder piece and into the militia's neck, that falls in the floor bleeding heavily. One of the elven warriors also falls to one of the remaining pirates, sticking the axe blade right trough his chest.

Pha herself finds under attack from one of the orcs in the ice, that aproaches as closer as possible under her before throwing one of his weapon. Alas, hers is not a soft mortal skin, and the blade harmlessly bounces off her icy surface.

Kong finds a new challenger jumping into the dock and swinging his axes simultaneously, but aparently this pirate lacks the skill or luck of the other as both attacks fail to even tickle the ape warrior.  At the same time, four more orcs raise out of the water!

As the pirate ship aproaches, you can now start figuring out some details.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:47:58 PM by oslecamo »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
Using up arrows at a prodigious rate, Zax attempts to turn yet another of the endless supply of orcs into a pincushion.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »
Pha, seeing her chance to hurt most of the pirates nearby, welled deep into her fairy heart for her coldest powers to burst.
Shard of hard ice crystallized and began to whirl wildly around her.
Ready, she quickly flew above the pirates to catch most of them within the edges of her vortex's piercing kisses.

Remembering from her previous observation that she didn't have much time before the ship would be upon them, she flew on to get a proper starting position for a mad dash to plug the device.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
"Ivysaur, I choose you!" Jeremy cries out as he pulls out another one of his orbs and out of it shoots another half plant half lizard creature.  This new one slams into the nearest orc, then two vines come out of the giant flower on its back and slap into the creature as well.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »
It was so nice to have a support staff, Rabbit thought. They'd certainly help throughout the combat. First thing's first, suppress chaos.

He motioned towards the Pirate slinking off towards the back flank (Pirate at H13) and shouted out "Cut that coward down!" before fully turning his attention back to the matter at hand. He truly wished he had the moment to render himself a quantum module of some application of war. Perhaps a corrosive core, perhaps a thermal lance. Oooo, he liked the thermal lance. Plenty of Actual War and Post-War applications...

Though, time to get to work. There'd be time to stop and immolate the remains later. Rabbit turned his attention toward the enemy that stood before him, with his scythe held high. There would be no mercy this night. No prisoners. That *was* the Pirate way, after all.

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
Knowing that he is still in danger, and that everyone else is too, Kurt put into effect his plan for a tactical advantage.

"These baddies seem to have trouble with getting above the ground. While floating might prevent me from hitting them with my burps, I might be able to use these things that the loud talky guy let us have from above the baddies" Kurt thinks.

Kurt seems downtrodden too though. Lamenting these killed people. He realizes that they were all too eager to kill him, but he still wishes there was another way out of this. Maybe the baddies on the ship would be more compliant and willing to lay down arms, especially if their boat was disabled.

Kurt realizes that his thoughts are distracting him from what needs done.

Inhaling massively again, this time with more speed and less force, with the obvious purpose of just filling himself with air, Kurt bloats up again.
In this state, he now begins to flap his arms furiously. It is reminiscent of a boy with broken arms trying to imitate a little bird that can't yet fly. Ridiculously, it works. Kurt takes to the air, flying up and to the east, toward the water, and the rest of the enemies.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:51 PM »
Zax's aim proves as flawless as before, quickly puting another orc down. Kong crushes the puny pirate that dared to stand before him, making the nearby floor even messier. Rabbit skillfully slashes the chest of his new challenger, but the wound isn't very deep. Maybe he's feeling playful with his prety today? The orc doesn't have time to bless his luck however as the newly summoned Ivysaur at his side tackles him in the stomach. Rabbit can hear the pirate's ribs break, and then the monster's vines whip the orc into his knees. Meanwhile most of the other pirates find themselves assailed by the miniature ice storm that follows Pha's flight, their skin and flesh burned by the extreme cold as they find no cover to protect themselves in the floating ice.

"Yes, push them back to the sea!"-orders the advancing captain leting out another arrow, that grazes one of the half-frozen pirates.

The Hylian guard once again follows with discipline, but seeing their captain miss seems to have demoralized them as only one manages to make an arrow pierce orc flesh.

The elves on the other hand seem to have been taken by a silent fury for their fallen brother as their arrows finish three wounded orcs still on the frozen sea.

One of the light bombards finishes loading, aims and fires, but the shot goes over the side of the pirate ship.

Three pirates remain in your view, and now they hesitate as they look at all their fallen allies you've dealt with in so little time. The one who had actually managed to reach the docks looks around as if trying to identify a viable way of pressing the attack, until his eyes meet Kurt's bleeping form in the air. The pirate flings one of his hand axes, that does hit the kirby, but fails to make him fall. The orc is then running back to the water, performing a sudden leap over the ice and right into the water hole. His two remaining companions don't need anything else to break themselves and instantly turn and flee, trying to reach the unfrozen sea. One does manage to jump in. The other trips and falls.

Some more new pirate heads show up from the hole in the ice, but then they see the half-frozen orcs turned in pin cushions around them, and the orcs take a deep breath and quickly disapear inside the water again.

But before any of you can cheer, from the quickly aproaching pirate ship another flaming ball is catapulted. This time aimed at the southern bombard battery, again with brutal acuraccy. Another loud explosion and more militia and Hylian guard are left burning in the ground.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:55:16 PM by oslecamo »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
Zax squares his shoulders and takes a deep breath.  If the gods ever smiled upon him, which was doubtful, he could use a little bit of that luck now.

He takes careful aim at the largest moving target on the incoming ship, and fires two shots in quick succession.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
And now, the game ends. Rabbit relaxed his right hand's grip, and the battle scythe withdrew to its forearm component, while a compartment along his right thigh opened and revealed a weapon of sorts. Single handed, and fit to the unique structure of Rabbit's hand.

- Phendrana Blade deselected. Near Absolute-Zero Field Generator disengaged.
- SG-54 Solaron Blaster (Personal Designation: "Star in a Jar") charged and deployed. You have
50 uses remaining before installed turbinium charge clip is depleted. WARNING: Current Scans show deficient advancement to refine and process turbinium charge clips.

In other terms, don't miss. Not like Rabbit ever intentionally missed. What would be the point?

The pirates here were broken, routed, and in full retreat. Pathetic. He motioned to the pirate vessel with his free hand, "Pha Eris. Immobilize the enemy's primary craft. It is currently well within the range of our siege battlements."

The next pirate that poked its head up out of the water would find their brain-pan incinerated.

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews