Author Topic: Rent-To-Own Spaceship Casting  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Nickname Jr.

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Rent-To-Own Spaceship Casting
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh,

I want a spaceship.   So I'm modifiying Chariot of Sustarre into Chariot of Any Era so that it can produce a futuristic vessel for when I visit the future (or visit worlds where they're currently living in the future).   Also, I want to travel in more luxury than a normal sized chariot would allow, so what I'm doing is casting the chariot spell every day to create small chunks of the overall spaceship and then casting permanency to save my progress.  This way my labor very closely resembles non-magical ship building!  That's the beauty of it.  I might as well not be using magic at all.  (Except for how the magic takes care of all the little electronic devices and [dew-dads] I wouldn't know how to engineer on my own.) 

Also, when the finished product is finished it'll run the risk of getting dispelled while hurtling through space!  An Exciting Liability!  (EL)   And just to clarify, no one can stop this from happening.  It's already well underway.   :D    Luckily, infinitely powerful shields are available for just the price of a widened resilient sphere, which probably doesn't qualify as a widenable line, burst, spread, or emanation.   Nor do I care!   I'm just going to tinker with it until I can make it work.  For propulsion I'll be using those dilithium crystals that are so plentiful in the D&D setting with all the crystal shards being dug up and used by everyone for everything under the sun.  For entertainment I'll be stealing intergalactic cable TV and its 2 billion channels+,  using a greater scrying plasma viewscreen and a Multiverse Remote Control implanted in my brainstem for telepathic and intuitive channel surfing.  It'll incorporate a foresight  channel preview feature so I'll know in advance which channels to skip before I even waste any time flipping through them.  Also the ship will contain a succubus binding bay.    That's all for now, but only because I've been called away on urgent business.

Edit:  the chariot of any era spell can also produce a sportscar with only a single casting, of course.  And then you just drive it until you crash it, using Word of Recall to get the hell out of there before impact.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:03:30 PM by Nickname Jr. »