Author Topic: Strom's Interview: Unique  (Read 2847 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Strom's Interview: Unique
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »
Strom looks at Unique with a practiced eye.  She's used to being checked out, but senses that Strom isn't looking at her in the same way... more in terms of threat assessment than admiration.  Her respect for him goes up a notch.

"Miss Unique, the Carousel records show that two days ago you entertained a client named Salvador Macharra in one of the private rooms in the facility. Can you confirm this?"
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Re: Strom's Interview: Unique
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
Unique is soft and harmless, a practiced look for those with a fetish for authority. She gave a moment's thought, sifting through the names and faces she had seen in the past two days. Authorities coming along to verify alibis was more common then one thought, and getting the authorities out of Carousel with all the information they needed was the fastest way to get back to a good night.

"Salvador... Oh yes, I certainly remember him. I won't say he was the perfect gentleman but..." she gave a smile, a pause, and then cleared her throat. "Yes, he was there."
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
Strom nods matter-of-factly.  "And did the encounter involve any unusual happenings? Anything out of the ordinary?"

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
"Why my good detective, Carousel caters to the unusual." she said with a smile. A sales pitch, but she knew the only collars the detective was interested in would be lawbreakers and such. Unique's tailored glance slid to the recording device for a moment, and she idly wondered how deep she should go into Salvador's relationship with her and with Carousel. Though, anything she didn't tell today she'd have to tell tomorrow, or the next day. The counter-snoop was something she was quite familiar with. Her more executive clients usually had one with them at all times.

"Though there was something different about Salvador's visit two days ago. Usually, he visits on Thursdays, and comes in with the look of the weight of the Dome on his shoulders. He's very tense, and it takes a few minutes but he warms up to a little conversation and usually I give him a bit of charity time for a chat before his allotted time starts. He's a regular, and if you show regulars a little something extra, they usually stay regulars, after all."

"Like I said, he's a regular. His usual fare is a little Gygaxian fantasy. Damsel in distress, heroic rescues, passionate moments. I take it his wife found out, hence your questioning?" Unique said with a smirk. Married men always had the most detailed fantasies. Her smirk faded as she recalled the Salvador of last week to the Salvador of two days ago. "Though, when he came in on a Monday, I was thrown a little off guard. When a regular breaks pattern, it's unusual. He also wasn't in the mood for idle chat, or even the usual ropes and garb. What happened two days ago was more Hyde then Jekyll, if you follow. Forceful, dominant, he was a completely different man." Unique took a moment to recompose herself. "When he finished, he looked down at me, said he was sorry, then kissed me on the cheek and said goodbye. It didn't feel like all the goodbyes we shared prior. It felt... permanent." Unique dabbed at the corner of an eye with a tissue.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:46 PM »
Strom frowns, scribbling notes on a pad of paper.

"In your meetings with Macharra, has he ever discussed his work with you?  Has he ever mentioned having enemies?"

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
"Never once. He never wanted to talk about work whenever he came in." Unique replied. "I'd always ask him how work was treating him, out of courtesy of course, but he always replied that he didn't want to talk about it. It truly was the only thing he didn't share with me."

She paused, recalling all the conversations he and her shared, "He never mentioned enemies, but I'll be honest detective, I'm not a cheap date." she smirked, "And like I said, he came by every Thursday, so I can only assume he had a decent enough job, and in Evernight, being successful enough can make you a few enemies, at the least." she paused, "Though, he never mentioned anyone. I guess he either wasn't worried about them, or didn't want me to worry about him."

That cultured and manicured mind put two and two together. "He's... something happened, didn't it?"
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
Strom sighs.  "Yes.  He was murdered several hours ago, at the Crimson Angel.  The method prevented resurrection or conversion."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
And for someone born in Aerie, she took it rather well. People being murdered was nothing new to the Evernight resident. Hell, folks died every hour, you could almost set the time to it.

Unique took a deep breath. This was different, this was someone she knew, someone she was familiar with. She wasn't familiar with many ways to prevent return or re-purposing, but she had been to the Bowl enough to know that if all that's left of someone is a sponge and a few kind words, then returns were exclusively expensive. To her credit as an Evernighter, she shed no tears. Though, she was upset.

"I was afraid of that. Thank you for being up front, Detective." plus one respect for Strom. "I'm sorry, it was a silly question. Moving right along, yes?" Crimson Angel? She had heard of the place, but it wasn't in a district she usually frequented. What was Salvador doing there? Now she was curious, possibly more so then the detective, but this was his show, and he wanted to be in charge. She tailored to that fantasy more often then not.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Strom nods. "Miss Unique, that's all the questions I have at this moment -- if you'd retire to the waiting area, I have some others to interview, and some conclusions to draw.  I'm sorry to inconvenience you, but I may have more questions shortly."

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
With that she gave a nod, and stood. "No no it's quite alright. All for a good cause, really." There were no tears, no marks of sorrow. She had moved past that. If she shed a tear for every person who shared her company and then passed away, the good detective could probably have SWAM to Carousel.

With that, Unique left Strom's company, at least for the moment as she retired to the waiting area...
Link to my homebrews