Author Topic: Spin-off OOC  (Read 94480 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Spin-off OOC
« Reply #360 on: September 08, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »
So... guess I need to do something about that or end up with a character that is incapable of not picking up every monster hunter from here to the ends of the earth. Hm.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 08, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
Besides a swap in ability points, geting a magic item or other thingy that grants some kind of Alter Self spell effect, a level dip in something that grants an humanoid form or some other stuff, there is always the less awesome feat "Alternate Form" by Prime32 in the monster feats section. Not as good but doesn't have any requirements.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2013, 05:03:09 PM »
I got a few versions of the character done but no matter how I much I tone it down I still feel like an asshole for even considering to play it.

Unless for some reason you are comfortable with the idea of the Regeneration ability carrying over to a mecha.
It falls under what I like call the "Atropal Tank" situation; a character with both regeneration and nonlethal damage immunity.
I know that I would hate to face an encounter with creatures that can be damaged by only one kind of damage type so I don't want to use it if it isn't the kind of hell you'd unleash upon your players.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »
Not sure if Alternate Form is actually WORSE... seeing as anything searching me finds out what I am anyway, and actually looking at me with true seeing is a bad thing to do if you like your brain.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »
I got a few versions of the character done but no matter how I much I tone it down I still feel like an asshole for even considering to play it.

Unless for some reason you are comfortable with the idea of the Regeneration ability carrying over to a mecha.
It falls under what I like call the "Atropal Tank" situation; a character with both regeneration and nonlethal damage immunity.
I know that I would hate to face an encounter with creatures that can be damaged by only one kind of damage type so I don't want to use it if it isn't the kind of hell you'd unleash upon your players.

I guess I should've seen that one coming as soon as I said "immune to nonlethal damage".

Mechas now cannot gain Regeneration.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »
I do not see why.
It offers the same kind of disguise check to avoid being recognized for what you are (which doesn't change the fact they have to succeed a knowledge check to even know what they recognized and they still don't see your ugly form) and if taken at 1st level it is also considered to be your true form.

@Osle: Thanks for the ruling. I feel much better.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2013, 05:23:03 PM »
Raineh Daze:I had been preparing to advance this round and noticed you invested extra tentacles on the grapple.

However, you can only choose to do so if you're going with the "Don't count as grappled but take a -10 penalty" option. In this case it probably won't do much difference, but something to remember in the future.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »
So... you can actually do more (free disarm/sunder attempts, making them unable to even speak) by trying to not count as grappled? :huh

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Indeed it is easier to handle something when you're not trying to wrap yourself all around it. Only when you can get an hold of them with a single appendage can you start the more "delicate" work.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »
^Yep.

Look up the grapple rules. As soon as you start grappling, all your combat options change (though can do a few things you otherwise couldn't normally do, usually after a pin). You are severely limited in your actions, but usually so is the grappled dude.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
I suppose that grappling whilst not, strictly speaking, seeming grappled is going to actually mean you do better if you're a nightmarish tentacle creation than wrapping yourself around the person. Tentacles need room.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
Hehe. Yeah. So to speak.

That is why feats like Multigrab and Greater Multigrab (Serpent Kingdom) can make tentacle grappling a world easier. One does the grappling and the others can do the murdering.  Or they all grapple something different and you sit back as they squeak.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
I can't remember if the penalty I apply to all attacks against me applies to mob up damage or not.

And did you remember to roll the miss chance?

Do I apply DR/- on top of the reductions from AC? Can't work that out, either. @_@
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:48:25 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 17, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »
Osle, can Alan tell if any of the enemies can see him?  He'd like to be able to sneak up closer to the raider threatening the hostages, but if he has any inkling that he's been spotted he wouldn't go for it unless it was one of the guys he hit with the Scrambler.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
None of the bandits seem to have spotted Alan yet.

I can't remember if the penalty I apply to all attacks against me applies to mob up damage or not.

And did you remember to roll the miss chance?

Ups, forgot it, you go ahead and roll it. :blush
(penalty to attack rolls doesn't work tough)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
If three or less, it's a miss. Assuming there's only one attack...

Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2013, 10:51:22 AM »
... well, that's most definitely not a miss. :lmao

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »
Edit: Wrong OOC thread...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
I... thought I'd replied to this.

I really should have, because my post basically consists of 'violate bandit'. Hm.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »
Ok, player call! Who's still around for this? Been over a month now and only RD shows signs of life.

If just Raineh Daze, then I've got a couple propositions for you:
-We turn this game into a solo campaign. Missigno assimilating her personal army, carving her own story.
-You downgrade your character to a level 6 and join the Legend of Griselda. A(nother) game glitch will be the explanation.