Author Topic: The Gang  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
  • A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
The Gang
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
The members of this misadventure group are to follow.

Post links to your character sheet here, with the name of the character being the link.

Please include below each one, a reason for being in Sharn, how long they have been there, what they are doing in the upper city of Sharn, and a basic plan for the character's progression.

Please, select a color for your character's speach.

The group:
Cumulo Az Surrus - Ice Genasi - Cloistered Cleric 1 - The_Mad_Linguist
Marl'Un Gruthi'Kal - Desert Kobold - Erudite 1 - Mixster
Marllow Bell - Human - Artificer 1 - Flay Crimsonwind
Sumabah Rhade - Skarn - Incarnate 1 - Archangel.Arcanis

NPC:
One Self - Warforged - Artificer 1 - jameswilliamogle
Sim - Changeling - Beguiler 1 - ShadowViper
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Sohala

• Honorary Mod
  • A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gang
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
One Self is looking in Sharn for non forgery methods to create intelligent constructs.  One realizes what a herculean effort this will require, but One has all the time in the world to develop it.  One is meeting another Artificer, supposedly retired from the last war, who has supposedly has information related to some of the early laboratory notebooks on Warforged creation.

One speaks in navy.

The plan is to go full Artificer 20.  One will learn some of the buffing metamagics and spells, and eventually gain the ability to craft constructs.  One will take the Artificer Warforged Alternate Class Features, too.

Cumulo Az Surrus, servant of the MAGNIFICENT SILVER FLAME reporting in.  Having recently completed his training, he's been sent on his first "true" assignment: investigation of strange happenings in Sharn.  He arrived last week, and is currently living in a backroom of a Silver Flame temple.

Build sketch:

Probably going to go
cloistered cleric 3/Church Inquisitor2/Divine Oracle 2/Sacred Exorcist ??
Something like that.  I like the idea of this subsect serving as a sort of internal affairs type thing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:58:41 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:01:20 PM »
Marllow Bell, previously EB-01 (Atomsk model Psiforged soldier)

Estimated Build: Artificer 20, possibly with Renegade Mastermaker added in

Marllow Bell was once a warforged psi-op soldier labelled EB-01, who was put into a form of storage after the warforged armies were disbanded. He woke up from storage a human being, with no memory of how he became a human, and with no leads as to when in the time since his storage he was transformed. Eventually getting work in House Cannith, he attracted attention for his quick learning and interest in trying to understand the construction of the warforged. Living as a member of House Cannith's artificers for the past year, he often is sent to investigate odd happenings, due to his heightened intellect and eye for technology.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
Marl'Un Gruthi'Kal Dragonwrought kobold of the Valenarian Deserts is back.
He is an old kobold limping around, but he is kindda a nice guy as well.

Oh, and It's Marl for short.

I'm still unsure what faith he follows, probably one of those draconic faiths.

The build is simple, it's Erudite 20 but I am considering adding one level of Crusader for armour profiencies, but I think I'll do fine as just an Erudite.

Oh and I'm gonna talk in Orange, being a descendant to a gold dragon and all.

Marl is in Sharn because he's heard there's a lot of spellcasters, and he'd like to pick up some of what they know, Marl is looking out for himself, and he just want to grab some tricks from the various people in Sharn. Marl arrived a few weeks ago, packing nothing but his gear, and a few rations.
He plans on grabbing the spells he can and head on with his life, being a kobold he is often shun quite heavily by society, so he doesn't get along well with most upperclass people. Also adventurers tend to view him with a huge deal of distrust, him being a kobold and all.
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!