Author Topic: Black Suits and Fiery Contracts (or Fun with Souls the Fiend of Corruption Way)  (Read 8956 times)

Offline Vampireshado

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Who even cares? Seriously though please tell me
    • View Profile
The Fiend of Corruption Handbook

Welcome to the handbook on the Fiend of Corruption, or how to steal souls with class. The prestige class can be found on page 202 of the Fiend Folio. Now it's not originally made for the normal PC races and the requirements reflect that, we won't let that stop us though! But first let's take a look at what the class can do shall we?

Class Abilities:

• Medium Base Attack Bonus: This is okay because you probably wont be doing much front line fighting
  • All good Saves: This is NICE
  • d6 Hit Die: This sucks, but at least you probably wont be getting hit very often
  • 2 + Int Skill Points: Ouch

Class Features:

Level One:

Alternate Form (Su): This is one of the better versions of alternate form. Take the form of any humanoid from small to large size as a standard action via polymorph. Unlimited uses. Pretty nice.

Fiend's Favor (Su): Once per day grant +3 unnamed bonus to an ability score for twenty four hours. The next day that ability score takes a -3 penalty, but the penalty can be removed and the benefit even restored by another use of this ability. This is decent, just don't get too into touching yourself...

Level Two:

Suggestion (Sp): 3/day. Meh. If that's what you want be a full caster.

Mental Shielding (Su): This is a nice ability. Immunity to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern alignment. Now we can corrupt churches and paladin orders more easily!

Level Three:

Mark of Justice (Sp): 1/day. Seriously? This is garbage.

Level Four:

Fiendish Graft (Su): Once a month, but still awesome. Any Fiendish Graft or Symbiote. Get your caster buddy to planeshift you to a flowing time plane to use this more often.

Major Creation (Sp): 3/day. Okay now here is a useful Sp! Make stuff as a standard action and for free. Very nice.

Level Five:

Geas (Sp): 1/day. More filler.

Temptation (Su): Can allow good creatures to change their alignment to evil whenever the opportunity arises. This is good because evil souls are worth more.

Level Six:

Grant Wish (Sp): 1/day. I know what you're thinking, awesome! wish as a Sp! But nope it's not meant to be. You can only grant mortal's wishes AND it still costs xp as if you had cast the spell.

Soul Bargain (Su): You can now make pacts with mortals for their souls. This is what the class is all about. It takes an hour and then whenever the mortal dies, no matter the cause of death, it's soul is all yours.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:15:56 PM by Vampireshado »
Auruggh something witty! (nailed it)

Offline Vampireshado

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Entry, Entering, and How to Enter:

Entry Prerequisites:
  • Race: Outsider with the evil subtype.
  • Base Save Bonus:Will +7.
  • Skills: Bluff 10 ranks, Disguise 10 ranks, Sense Motive 10 ranks.
  • Special:Must be able to use charm person or charm monster as a spell or spell-like ability.
Alright now that is quite a steep hill to get over hmm? Well not really.

Races:

LA +0:
  • Human: (Player's Handbook) A solid choice usually, but you'll need to use your bonus feat on Otherwordly to become an Outsider, so a poor choice for a FoC.
  • Neraphim: (Planar manual) Already an Outsider, so if you don't want to use up a feat go for it.
  • LA +0 Tiefling: (Web Article) An Outsider with demon flavor.
  • LA +0 Aasimar: (Web Article) I guess if you want to pull a bait and switch this is a good choice. Bonus to Cha is nice. One of my favorite choices.

LA +1:
  • Tiefling: (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting) Slightly better stats than the LA +0 Tiefling, but the LA makes it a worse choice.
  • Aasimar: (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting) Same as Tiefling.
  • Diabolus: (Dragon Compendium) An outsider with the lawfull subtype. Divine Minion can be used to change this to evil.

Templates:

LA +0:
  • Magic-Blooded: (Dragon 306) +2 Cha and -2 Wis. Take this. Or cry at night forever.
  • Unseelie Fey: (Dragon Compendium) +2 Cha and a number of other benefits including Ex flight! BUT! It changes your type to fey, so only take this if you are using the savage species tables, or are becoming an outsider through Otherworldy or some such way!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:16:15 PM by Vampireshado »

Offline Vampireshado

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Synergistic Classes and Prestige Classes:

Base Classes:
  • Marshal: (Miniatures Handbook) This is a solid choice for any CHA build, but it is more of a dip in my opinion.
  • Warlock: (Complete Arcane) Another good dip, great bonus to social skills.
  • Changeling Rogue: (Races of Eberon) This has a really neat social skills ability that I highly suggest you take a look at.
  • Wizard: (Player's Handbook) You're a wizard Harry! Nuff said.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:31:48 PM by Vampireshado »

Offline Vampireshado

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
What to do with your Heaping Mound of Souls:

The Basic Uses from the Book of Vile Darkness:
  • You can destroy a soul to substitute 10xp when crafting an item. 10xp? Seriously?
  • You can destroy a soul to grant a +10 profane bonus on a single spell's caster level check to overcome spell resistance. This is occasionally useful.
  • Sell it for 200gp!
  • Souls can be used to power diabolical devices. Except none of them actually require souls to function...
  • Souls can be used as currency! I suppose in some sort of barter system?

Uses from the Fiendish Codex II:
  • If you are an actual devil you can collect souls to get promoted to a better kind of devil...

Other Tips and Tricks:

Faustian Pacts from the Fiendish Codex II are awesome! You can give rewards and power to your mortal thralls before there souls are yours.

A very synergistic combination is to give a mortal xp and gold via a faustian pact to obtain the rights to it's soul. Then convince the mortal to help you craft a magic item, have him/her/it? transfer xp to you via all the different xp transfer methods (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a) and then sacrifice them for dark craft points and take all of their possessions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:20:05 PM by Vampireshado »

Offline Vampireshado

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:45:46 PM by Vampireshado »