Author Topic: Dragonwrought Kobold question  (Read 2110 times)

Offline theholyest

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Dragonwrought Kobold question
« on: March 16, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
So, while looking around, i found this Feat:
Dragoncrafter [General]
You can make special weapons, armor, and other items using parts of dragons as materials.
Prerequisite: Knowledge (arcana) 2 Ranks
Benefit: You can make special weapons, armor, and other items using parts of dragons as materials.
Normal: Items created with dragon parts gain no benefits from the materials used.
Special: Dragoncraft items have a Crafting DC of 25 and are always of masterwork quality.

And Dragonwrought makes a Kobold the Dragon Type along with the other bonus'

so, With this feat, could i as a Dragonwrought Kobold PC pull out one of my own teeth and make a Light Dragonfang Weapon with it?

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonwrought Kobold question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:55:11 PM »
Short answer? Yes.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 08:58:14 PM »
Short answer is yes.  Long answer is you'll need to work with your DM on what exactly you can make since the feat is meant more for using dead dragons and not live ones.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:04:47 PM »
Step 1: Kill your self by chopping off one hand and bleeding out.
Step 2: Have a Cleric cast Raise Dead on your detached hand.
Step 3: The opposite of profit since it cost 5,000gp & 1 level to sell a couple lame items.

Edit - CM/DMGII and such has magical locations that grant Resistance 5 to X for 2,000gp. That's an unslotted benefit cheaper than Dragoncraft cloaks/armor. For weapons I suggest Magic of Faerun's Hizagkuur gives +1 Electric & +1 Fire damage per hit for 1,500gp, which is 1/2 the price of a Dragoncraft weapon and it readily stacks with a +1 Enhancement Bonus upgrade (dragoncraft does not).

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:16:50 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Captnq

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Haters gonna hate. Dragons gonna drag.
    • View Profile
    • Ask the Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »
There is a certain minimum size needed, and as a kobold, your teeth won't be big enough. I actually looked into this. What you COULD do is get a ring of regeneration and skin yourself repeatedly and then eventually make a suit of armor out of it. Or, you could chop off your legs and make a dragon crafted crossbow. I still don't think the leg bone of a kobold would be big enough, even for a short bow, unless it was a very small short bow.

Exception:
You could make a two handed weapon four sizes smaller then you, one-handed three sizes, and a light weapon two sizes smaller then you, so being small size, I believe the best you could make would be a diminutive one-handed long sword out of your teeth. Then you would enchant it with sizing and then use it normally.

Given the cost reduction on diminutive weapons, you might actually save money. The +1 WSA, however will eat up the savings in the long run as you layer more enchantments on it.
If you have questions about 3.5 D&D, you might want to look at the:
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis

Currently: Podcasting

Offline Maat Mons

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 12:15:12 AM »
Okay, I'm going off topic here, but do you know you've spelled your name wrong? 

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
Have you ever been Bit by a Kobold ?
It makes you wanna commit to the pre pun-pun slaughtering campaigns (even if it's only 1hp damage).

Is the feat NOT a Crafting Feat, rather a general feat that modifies a crafting feat?

There might be some BoVD or BoED item components, that are dragon related.
Similar the Metamagic Components in UA:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/metamagicComponents.htm#tableMetamagicComponents
Your codpiece is a mimic.