Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread VIII: Now more bitchin' than ever.  (Read 148381 times)

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread VIII: Now more bitchin' than ever.
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
So at my job there are 4 employees+the owner. Everyone knows each other and knows who's is who's, so when I buy a meal and leave it in the fridge I know it will be there. Except tonight. I got stuck with someone else's shift (of my own accord, as I didn't want to deny the guy his prom), and when I went for my dinner I found half of it partially eaten.

Now I'd be fine with this if the guy who ate it told me about it before I got into work, but I can't leave to get a replacement meal and I'm here for 7 hours. FML.
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
delivery?

if you have a personal storage area, a locker or such. keep a couple of snickers tucked away for emergencies. also taint their food.
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »
delivery?

if you have a personal storage area, a locker or such. keep a couple of snickers tucked away for emergencies. also taint their food.

I'm broke, and we have a fridge (that's it).

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 03:03:51 AM »
I was able to cure people of that once using a simple method but it could get you fired/jailed...

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 06:10:03 AM »
I suggest in the future tightly wrapping your food in two-three cheap plastic bags. This serves a double purpose of "You can't be tempted by what you can't see", and that people are less prone to opportunistic stealing if they actually have to put effort in said opportunistic stealing.

Speaking from experience from my days in a student dorm where anything that looked ready-to-eat inside the common fridge wouldn't last very long unless carefully disguised/hidden.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
Write a warning on your food "I lace my food with snaek venom so i can build up resistance and become stronger. Advisable not to eat."
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
Learn to like ghost peppers.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
This may get you in trouble so be careful:

Buy pre-packaged meals like frozen dinners.  Wait for one to be stolen.  Inform your boss that you've learned the food has been recalled due to possible contamination and whoever ate it needs to see a medical professional quite fast

Inform your boss that you've begun bringing along decoy food you poisoned just enough to cause problems but not be fatal.  If anyone's urine changes color or they feel 'iffy' then that's the culprit, and they should probably see a doctor.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2014, 07:11:11 PM »
Oh joy, the EPA just approved another pesticide that is particularly harmful to bees.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyantraniliprole

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2014, 01:54:48 AM »
This may get you in trouble so be careful:

Buy pre-packaged meals like frozen dinners.  Wait for one to be stolen.  Inform your boss that you've learned the food has been recalled due to possible contamination and whoever ate it needs to see a medical professional quite fast

Inform your boss that you've begun bringing along decoy food you poisoned just enough to cause problems but not be fatal.  If anyone's urine changes color or they feel 'iffy' then that's the culprit, and they should probably see a doctor.

Better, don't poison food, just lace it with ghost pepper. Stuffed stuff works great for this. You can even directly apply pepper spray to the inside. The joy when someone eats one... Can't even complain, then. You can just tell you like extremely spicy food.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »
Starting last night at about 5PM, a sore throat came out of nowhere. By eight I was coughing non-stop. Today I feel like someone is using my skull as oily-rag storage. I've been main-lining cough drops, and drank a couple red-bulls, but I still want nothing else than to go lay down and turn off my brain.

What makes it even worse is that I really don't feel crappy enough to justify staying home from work. I've been here almost 3 hours now and I'm not sure if I've accomplished anything at all. I've been pecking my way through a report for some new shipping stuff that we're doing, but I suspect I'm going to have to re-write the entire thing at some point when I feel better.

Maybe I'll just leave at lunch.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
Oh joy, the EPA just approved another pesticide that is particularly harmful to bees.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyantraniliprole

Two of my favorite foods are Almonds and Honey.  Almonds get "whatevered" (a technical term) by the bees.   ;)  So the retail prices have near doubled at Big Boxes, while their stocking/shipping costs haven't changed at all.  Perhaps a 3:1 or more run up in price already.  I'm'n'a be a sad panda without those.  Very sad.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:32 PM »
If bees are gone, we'll be missing much more than just almonds and honey. Bees are the nº 1 pollinators in the world... If they go, a lot of stuff is going to go with them, too.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2014, 10:48:36 PM »
If bees are gone, we'll be missing much more than just almonds and honey. Bees are the nº 1 pollinators in the world... If they go, a lot of stuff is going to go with them, too.

I know why the bees are gone..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyhRnu0UQg..

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2014, 11:48:47 PM »
Nah we'll just force people to pollinate by hand like the CHinese are doing (or be forced to buy Monsanto's robot bees).

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 12:06:51 AM »
My internet works fine... unless I'm trying to use skype or play League of Legends. Then it won't stay connected for more than five consecutive seconds.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 12:35:27 AM »
Note to self: Pulling weeds late at night isn't going to make me feel better.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 03:42:39 AM »
Nah we'll just force people to pollinate by hand like the CHinese are doing (or be forced to buy Monsanto's robot bees).
Or, more likely, we'll just figure it out after killing off a bunch more bees and then ban it and buy some beehives from Europe to replenish our population.

This is actually something Hawaii considered doing.  The bee problem there is due to a hostile parasite.  The local department of agriculture considered annihilating all bees island by island to kill the parasites, and then importing clean bees to replace them.

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »
IDIOTS.

(edit: not you, you're all cool. i just know too many fools.)

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »
IDIOTS.

(edit: not you, you're all cool. i just know too many fools.)

Do you pity them?