Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 172674 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:03:41 AM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »
"So, you are all in agreement?" She looks visibly relieved "Thank you. Like I said before, I don't have much to go on; I only know that there is a being operating out of this station named Switch and the number V14. I do have this..." she fumbles in one of the utility pockets of the maintenance coveralls and produces a comlink and some credits. "It's not much but you'll put it to good use. That comlink is encrypted and you should be able to contact me with anything you might find." She provides you with the channel she will have Captain O'keefe monitor.

(click to show/hide)

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »
"So, safe to say we should probably make an effort to disguise ourselves when we leave. We'll have to spend some time asking around for this Switch character. I've some...experience, tracking down individuals and information in metropolitan areas, I imagine it's not much different on this station," says Rald, his hood pulled low and shoulders stooped, wearing completely different style clothing than the previous outfit he was wearing. His voice goes through a couple different changes as he speaks, seeing which one will strain his voice the least. Even though he is probably the only Khil on station, the less obvious his race, the better, in his mind.

"It might be best to stay off the computer networks for a while, at any rate."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:45:31 AM »
"I don't know how well I can dissguisse mysself, jusst look at me."

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 03:06:30 AM »
At least the Empire doesn't try to hide oppression under a veil of false words about 'freedom' and 'equality' like the Republic used to. At least from this point of view things ARE better. Regardless, you still haven't told me how much this job actually pays Kel inquires. Not that I wouldn't do it for free and a ticket out of this juknyard just to shove a foot in the Empire's backside, but it never hurts to ask he thinks to himself.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:10:15 AM by LordBlades »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:26 AM »
She appears wounded by Kel's comment about the republic but does not get angered by it, "Well, I can assume you'll be paid the typical wage for freelance work by my superiors once we make it back to Alderaan. On the plus side they likely have other tasks to keep creds in your pocket if you interested. Their gratitude usually leads to more opportunities."

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Very well. Looks like I'm your guy then. Sadly, I'm somewhat better at killing people than I am at finding them.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
"Switch sound like someone who's good with computers or machinery. The nickname would make sense. Maybe it's a slicer that got hold of information about this cargo we're supposed to find. Then again, switch might just be a nickname for a characteristic style of switching of stun mode on his gun before killing them and that's his reputation. But I hope not."

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
Finally finding a voice he's happy with, Rald comments,"I'd rather he use stun if they will be shooting at us, to be quite honest."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 12:15:45 AM »
"Thank you, I am very fortunate to have you on our side." May expresses her gratitude for the groups continued help. "Keep us posted and we will see what we can do from here"

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
Find Switch
The only information Maya was able to provide was the name Switch and a number V14. Each round will take an hour. You'll need to take care to avoid the notice of Station security and the Imperial garrison. With the shootout on the promenade still fresh on everyone's mind they are still looking for the culprits.

Round 1 Begins!

Suggested Primary Skill
Use Computer (Down for several more hours for all but the most rudimentary tasks due to the lockdown)
Gather Information
Knowledge Technology (1 max)
Persuasion
Everyone will need either a Deception or Stealth Check (or Use Computer if you are accessing it) to remain under the Security's notice.

Suggested Secondary Skills
Stealth
Persuasion
Use the Force

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Sticking to common areas with large crowds to easily blend in to, Rald tries to see what the traders in the area may know about a Switch.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
Corran walks around on the station, careful not to be supervised too closely and keeping an eye and an ear out for anyone talking about something that might lead him to this "Switch", any criminal posters or news feeds and such.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
Silten uses his knowledge of technology to try and figure out where the contact might be.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »
Jerran remembered meeting someone from this Alderaanian Special Projects organization before, a real stand-up guy, who knew a thing or two about getting around unnoticed. He aspired to be that skilled himself some day, if he could survive to see it. Unfortunately, the chances kept slipping the closer he inevitably came to Imperial attention.

The Jedi attempted to use the force to help find this 'Switch' or clues about his whereabouts, letting it flow through him to help guide his footsteps.

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »
I'd better stay here. There aren't too many 6 ft. tall lizards with military grade weaponry on this station, so I might not be very inconspicuous Kel explains, and then gets to work on the computer

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »
No one recognizes Rald during his inquiries, but no one he talks to seems to know anything about this Switch even with the assistance that Jerran gives through the force.

After wandering into a cantina you overhear a snippet of conversation between two unsavory individuals, that after deciphering the true meaning of their conversation and the mention of Switch, you know they mean this individual harm. They part ways heading off in different directions.
(click to show/hide)

Silten is aware that Bengel Shipbuilders designate their base model stations with alpha numeric combinations for their storage sections. Passing this information back to Kel on the Banshee.

Still only able to access the most basic functionality of the station's central computer, Kel uses the information to first find an older schematic of the station that does show the various storage bays. There is a storage section labeled V. You also find the designation in a shipping manifest for cargo being delivered in the next standard day from Fast Endel's Freight the crate V14 carries reconditioned auto-chef parts. Kel keeps his inquiries short and random which manages to avoid those slicers the station is using to fix the earlier security breeches.

Offline McPoyo

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:52 PM »
Round 1 Results
Successes = 4
Failures = 1

(click to show/hide)

Round 2 Begins!