Author Topic: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)  (Read 184883 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
Round 3 Results!

Borm
The rest of the Bar explodes into flames as the rest of the alcohol catches fire. The goblin pyromaniac stops short,, hearing the dwarves around the corner of the fireplace and turn and head back around the front of it. Catching sight of Everyn as he is igniting another torch. The end flares to burning life and he cackles again HahahHAHAhahahahHAhAhA! lobbing the torch at the eladrin as he scurries under a table for cover.

Everyn
Everyn ducks out of the way of the torch, and says "Your Sinruth will not save you from me vermin" as he draws a magical orb from his fine robes, aiming it at Borm and chants in a mystical language. Audible thunks of the magical force hammer against the table and chair soak up the majority of the spells effect. He then moves away from the torch and the spreading flame.

Bhrim
Bhrim move around the fireplace losing sight of the goblin he was hoping to catch has sees a hobgoblin yet standing and moving around the fireplace gets lined up for a furious charge. The hobgoblin deftly sidesteps the oncoming dwarf and his wild swing of the leading shield.

Dak
A torch flies through the air from the floor above and narrowly misses Granites backside. "AhhahahHAHAHahahahahah! Fire,Fire,....FIRE!!!".

Atanos
In a large Arc Atanos brings his scythe downard into the hobgoblin. Datesz the hobgoblin aligns his sword with Atanos' scythe and stops it inches from splitting him in two, but the weak blade gives way and the scythe continues through and gashes the hobgoblin from neck to nuts. He looks up in a stupor and he fruitlessly attempts to hold all his organs into his body as they spill out. Atanos then motions for everyone to follow him as he exits the flaming building.

Suq
Suq spreads his curse to Borm and then then moves up to one of the doors in the taproom.

Suff'a
Søffå shouts out the door to the exiting Atanos: "Get Help!!!  Bring Men, Bring Water!!!"  He turns and runs towards the back of the tavern, barking to the Dwarves and Suq as he goes past.  "Clear the rooms, and crush that little pest - I am going after the firestarter upstairs!"
Søffå makes it to the head of the stairs and looks around the corner, girding himself to the peril that lies ahead.  He wonders to himself; "How did that beast get up here, anyway?  No doubt he is not alone!"

Gruxes
Gruxes the hobgoblin rounds the corner and sees someone coming up the stairs moves for closer inspection, seeing its a human, he raises his bow and lets fly. The arrow strikes home, hitting Suff'a just as he comes up the stairs.

Kurs
Kurs the hobgoblin heads straight across the second floor following the goblin pyromaniac. From the floor you can see he begins to climb over the railing to get out onto one of the support beams.

Xet
The backdoor to the ground floor swings open and in charges several more hobgoblins. The barmaid on her way out that way shrieks in terror as they come toward her. "Looky'ere boys, we gots ourselves another pretty thing to play with an break." one brute says. Xet the hobgoblin charges her knocking her back.

Dtun
Dtun rounds the corner and swings at Suq but over swings and hits the doorjamb.

Tnob, Rnezog, Xgaren

Tnob, Rnezog, and Xgaren, all slip past Xet and surround the barmaid to grab her and drag her out of the inn.
"Looks like Dak and Borm been havin some fun in 'ere already." one of the says to the rest looking at the fire.

Bar Patrons

The barmaid struggles but against the four of them is hopelessly outnumbered but has guessed their intent well enough. "No! Help!! Someone Help!!"

The three patrons in the back are arguing about how to split the gold at the center of the table.

Round 3 Ends!

Round 4 Begins!

Maps

(click to show/hide)

Round 4 Initiative Order
Borm = 25
Everyn = 24
Tnokaz (HG) = 23
Grods (HG) = 23
Rxes (HG) = 23
Ndoz (HG) = 23
Gzort (HG) = 23
Blaz (HG) = 23
Bhirm = 22
Dak = 22
Atanos  = 20
Suq = 18
Granite = 12
Datesz = 10
Shoguzn = 10
Mxtun = 10
Suff'a = 9
Gruxes = 8
Kurs = 8
Xet = 7
Dtun = 7
Tnob = 7
Rnezog = 7
Xgaren = 7
Bar Patrons = 0
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:00:21 AM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
Borm gets out from under the table and moves to a new spot under another table. He pulls out his last torch, lights it and lobs it at the back table. The flaming projectile bounces off the table, scattering gold pieces and cards everywhere and smacks one of the patrons right in the face.
(click to show/hide)

The patron collapses in a heap clutching his burnt face as flames leap up around him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
(after an extremely long pause)

Everyn takes aim again at the Goblin under the table, moves his hands in a flourish of arcane movements, and sends a bolt of magic energy toward Borm:

(click to show/hide)
Then he moves toward the main door and takes up a position next to Anatos

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »
The table sends of a shower of splinters and a sharp crack along with the thunk of the silvery projectile slamming onto the table, skipping off and blasting a chair into several pieces. The goblin looks up at the table teetering on collapse.

Offline Atanos

• SPOOOOOONN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
what do I see outside?

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:27 PM »
Seeing the goblin still alive, Everyn yells "Damn you goblin.....you shall meet your maker tonight!!"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM by TheDave »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:42 PM »
Atanos
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »
"Feel me axe an shield ye slime" and Bhrim lets out a cry to Moradin as he thunders across the taproom floor hews into the first hobgoblin and in a follow up slams the one next to it with his shield. The first hobgobling collapsed to the floor cleanly in two while the other flew away and lay motionless in a heap after hitting the side of the stairs. Bhrim's momentum carries him a little further to end where the second hobgoblin stood.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
Fire, fire, FIRE!!!! Dak whips another torch out and moves a short way down the aisle looking between the bars of the railing as he lights up another torch. He lines up and lobs the torch which lands nearby and skitters to a stop at the feet of Atanos. Embers and bits of bitumen scatter around and soon begin to light the floor around Atanos on fire.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Atanos

• SPOOOOOONN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »
I leave the tavern and place my back on the wall just to the east of the door and start to look for anything i can use to put out the fire

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
I try to ascertain whether supha is in great danger

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Suq looks for some sign of Suff'a through the railing of second floor but does not catch any sight of him yet through the smoke that is beginning to build in the room.

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »
I step back to G4 and bemusedly yell Pardon me, chaps, but I think it's a bit rude to burst in like this. I shall educate you in proper tavern etiquette!
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:31:47 AM by Doctor Krunk »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »
"Come here and I'll be stuff one of them torches where the sun don't shine." Granite steps over to the table the goblin is hiding under swingin, obliterating whats left of the table.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
Melblen:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:13:28 AM by Doctor Krunk »

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
   Søffå launches himself down the hallway, bearing down on the beast who attacked him.  In a booming voice, he cries: "That was the last arrow you will notch in this world, foul demon!".  Spinning, he swings his blade clean through the beast before coming to rest.  He taunts across the hallway railing, quickly dimming with smoke, at the other creatures across:  "Come to me now!!!  It is your time to return to the shadow!!!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
The blackish firey bolt strikes at Tnob and begins to consume him. He collapses to the ground shortly after unmoving.
(click to show/hide)

Kurs falls heavily to the floor under your assault.

Gruxes
Continues to move slowly accross the beam. When he reaches the fireplace he steps off and pulls a long knife. His intended target becomes clear... a tattered and faded black banner with a red fist.

Xet
Holds a sword to the barmaid using her as a human shield.
(click to show/hide)

Dtun
Dtun wades toward Suq swinging wildly.. managing to land a few grazing blows
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:45:13 PM by Melblen_Cairn »