Gaming Discussion > Gaming Advice

Sendai battle (Baldur's Gate II campaign)

(1/4) > >>

Braininthejar:
So my Baldur's Gate campaign has reached the point where the party is to fight Sendai.

Since the game gives her allies such as illithid, beholders, and an elemental prince, I decided that rather than have an 'enclave', she would take over a whole drow city, and have an actual army of monsters.

While the party tackled the other bhaalspawn, Viconia went on a scheming spree in Underdark, trying to rally multiple drow houses on a crusade against the heretic. I want the fight to be a massive battle like the ones in "Ways of the Wicked" campaign, with the party deciding the general outcome by handling several key encounters on the battlefield.

I'm looking for sub quests the party could go on, to gain an edge in the battle - things to reduce Sendai's forces, or increase their own.

So far, they have two assets: Viconia has used the "control spawn through controlling the parent" principle to amass a horde of shadows (which would anger the good guys in the party, so she hasn't told anyone yet) and Sarevok got himself polymorphed into a fire giant and managed to subjugate what was left of Yaga Shura's army.

SorO_Lost:
Does D2's bestiary even have Shadows or is this a 3.5 game modeled after Diablo?

They can go on quests to target Viconia's lieutenants, the parent controllers, which will result in the underling Shadows becoming free. They default into attacking anything alive which means they will immediately attack the Drow in the houses they are hanging out in. After a couple noble houses fall, it won't be too hard to convince the remaining Drow that Viconia and the second or third most powerful house were in an alliance and orchestrated the entire event to quash several houses.

Then if the party wants to perform some sort of frontal attack, Drow and Shadows are inherently Chaotic Evil. So for your Arcanes they can consider using Blizzard while your Divines can consider Forbiddance, just scry and teleport into the basement of their central temple during a meeting and drop it. Bonus points, leave a Drow House Insignia of one of the recently fallen houses with a posioned dagger where you cast it at to make them consider it was a retaliatory attack by a stray member. :)

Braininthejar:
You seem to have totally misunderstood the question.

Are you familiar with Baldur's Gate series?

Also, I'm DMing it in 3.5

SorO_Lost:
Just D2 which does't really have a storyline let alone any Drow in the Underdark. So I just stuck to a more d20 side

Also there is an offical Diablo d20 rulebook, includes Classes, items, monsters, and such.

Nanshork:

--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on February 27, 2018, 10:04:52 AM ---Just D2 which does't really have a storyline let alone any Drow in the Underdark. So I just stuck to a more d20 side

Also there is an offical Diablo d20 rulebook, includes Classes, items, monsters, and such.

--- End quote ---

Baldur's Gate has nothing to do with Diablo.  Baldur's Gate is a D&D video game based on the 2E rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version