Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164540 times)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
"We should take the ship in..." Kong's only other thought was to take the chest into town with them... but if any of these were dangerous items, that might be a bad idea. He gave an inquisitive look to the party at large, guards and all. "Someone can sail...?"
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »
"I was never educated to captain a waterbourne craft." Rabbit said directly. "Also, this vessel is incapable of motion until roughly this time tomorrow evening, due to the caged singularity. The entire fleet couldn't move this craft a micrometer, they would have more fortune towing this planet."

"If any potential threat has passed, I will deres my armor suit, in preparation for tomorrow's tasks." Rabbit cleared with the group, and then tapped the side of the visor he wore. "System. Event ID 23589 authorize."

Acknowledged. Executing Event Cluster ID 23589

Lines pulsed along the suit that Rabbit wore. These lines, each lit with a soft blue glow, connected all throughout the surface of the suit. Like watching a jigsaw puzzle being born, the lines met and crossed, sectioning off the suit into chunks. Once the sectional lines were laid, piece by piece the sections turned from solid matter to a blue translucent energy. This energy was then drawn into the surrounding pieces, which in turn became energy themselves, and so on and so forth. The process, from beginning to end, took roughly one minute.

Event Cluster ID 23589 complete. Runtime 0.0.00.01.13.54

Rabbit, beneath the suit, wore a fine mesh undershell that seemed durable, but he moved like he was wearing air. The bracer sheath for his battle scythe also remained, proof that it was separate from the armor he wore. Simple leggings, but his feet were bare, and ended in a foot that no human should have. His bodily form seemed malicious almost... were it not for the battle they just fought together, he would easily be mistaken for a monster.

Sneaking into view along his arms, legs, and up his neck were thin lines of a brilliant blue, almost a white in color that were arranged like cracks in a pane of glass. Though perhaps more interesting then his luminous veinwork was his scar collection. He bore the scar from the grievous wound the glaive gave him, but that was not the only scar the creature had. Thin, long scars ran along his arms, and there were hints of the same across his back.

The only thing that could make a mark like that was a lash.

"Perhaps... it would be best if I stayed on the ship. To the town, the suited figure is a hero. I... do no wish to cause unrest." he paused, "I know what I must look like to you."
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Pha looked around the ship with a grin. "It is the first ship I've ever seen, so, no."
She turned her head away, slowly. "Besides... I've things to do somewhere close, so I won't need to sail off just yet."
Nodding sideways, she flew closer to Rabbit.
"Like a monstrous fish?" Although no offense was meant, it made her smile. "I've seen uglier humans. I don't really mind but I'd stay in the ship too."
Her tone lowered to a mock whisper; "Can't stand 'hem fancy civilized homes. Waaay too dry."
Poking a thumb against her shoulder as she hovered a few centimeters with grim determination in her voice.

"I'm on some sort of a pilgrimage to meet my sisters across the land. With the pirates raiding about the temples now I'm also worried they might be in trouble. There is temple by the forests nearby, The fairy fountain should be there, or around the area."

She joined her hands behind her back, balancing forward. Looking at the group in general.
"Wanna come along? Tomorrow?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:42:18 PM by Anomander »

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
"Well... back in the camp of King Dedede, two of my kind would alternate their breath to fill the sail of a small boat, while a third steered the boat. They never let me steer though."

Seeing his chance to spend more time with at least one of these other people.

"I'll go to this 'Temple' place with you."
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
Jeremy watches Rabbit's suit unform.  "Hey, neat!  Anyways, you don't look any more scary than some Pokémon."  He then turns to look at Kurt.  "That reminds me, did you know that you're a Pokémon?  I could catch you in one of these and train you!"  He holds up one of the orbs that his creatures come out of.  "Don't worry though, I wouldn't do that to you unless you wanted me to because you're my friend."  He then grins up at Kong.  "You are too by the way!"

Jeremy then turns to smile at Pha.  "Of course my Pokémon and I will go with you to help out your sisters, that's what friends are for!"

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
Nodding sideways, she flew closer to Rabbit.
"Like a monstrous fish?" Although no offense was meant, it made her smile. "I've seen uglier humans. I don't really mind but I'd stay in the ship too."

Rabbit gave a chuckle. His visor flashed up images of piscene creatures in fluidic environs. "Oh... those are Fish." he said, now properly educated. "There is a superficial resemblance, yes." he paused, "Where I am from, there are no ... fish. The rivers and oceans are too poisonous, and the rains are highly acidic. Anything meant to be exposed to the elements must be protected, either by a Hazard Shield, or being constructed of acidic resistant material." he paused again, "For those who committed crimes against High Command, a death sentence was usually worded as being sentenced to go outside in the rain."

He shook his head, "Where I'm from, we don't have fish." and that, it seemed, was that.

"I'm on some sort of a pilgrimage to meet my sisters across the land. With the pirates raiding about the temples now I'm also worried they might be in trouble. There is temple by the forests nearby, The fairy fountain should be there, or around the area."

She joined her hands behind her back, balancing forward. Looking at the group in general.
"Wanna come along? Tomorrow?"

"Absolutely. I will arrange for the suit's system to render exploratory modules. Perfect for data management and logbook entries." Rabbit started, much more excited about this prospect. "What do we already know about those woods?"

"Well... back in the camp of King Dedede, two of my kind would alternate their breath to fill the sail of a small boat, while a third steered the boat. They never let me steer though."
"I'll go to this 'Temple' place with you."

Rabbit had a question, then he stopped, then he had a question, then he stopped, then...

"For my logs, does your kind have a name for themselves?" he asked. Protoplasmic Lifeform got tiring to continuously enter.

Jeremy watches Rabbit's suit unform.  "Hey, neat!  Anyways, you don't look any more scary than some Pokémon."

Rabbit blinked his six eyes out of sequence. These Pokemon must be some of the most dangerous creatures in all of the cosmos. Nevermind Ing Troopers or even Metroids. Rabbit made a silent promise not to allow data about these Pokemon organisms to ever leak to High Command. Should they ever find out about these magnificently apocalyptic creatures, Rabbit had no doubt that they would not stop until they had captured them all.

He then turns to look at Kurt.  "That reminds me, did you know that you're a Pokémon?  I could catch you in one of these and train you!"  He holds up one of the orbs that his creatures come out of.  "Don't worry though, I wouldn't do that to you unless you wanted me to because you're my friend."  He then grins up at Kong.  "You are too by the way!"

That caught Rabbit's attention. "There may be a degree of merit in that. Infiltration missions and such, should the need ever arise. Do you have a spare containment orb that I might study? I will return it immediately if you need it, or once my studies are complete." Hearing that one of the heaviest hitters in this group and one who could consume vast quantities of anything were both able to be transported via these containment spheres started to get the cosmium interlocks oscillating.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
Rabbit had a question, then he stopped, then he had a question, then he stopped, then...

"For my logs, does your kind have a name for themselves?" he asked. Protoplasmic Lifeform got tiring to continuously enter.
"I'ma Kirby! I know blue is a pretty rare colour for Kirbies, but that's what'I'm."

He then turns to look at Kurt.  "That reminds me, did you know that you're a Pokémon?  I could catch you in one of these and train you!"  He holds up one of the orbs that his creatures come out of.  "Don't worry though, I wouldn't do that to you unless you wanted me to because you're my friend."  He then grins up at Kong.  "You are too by the way!"

That caught Rabbit's attention. "There may be a degree of merit in that. Infiltration missions and such, should the need ever arise. Do you have a spare containment orb that I might study? I will return it immediately if you need it, or once my studies are complete." Hearing that one of the heaviest hitters in this group and one who could consume vast quantities of anything were both able to be transported via these containment spheres started to get the cosmium interlocks oscillating.

"I don't know about all of that, but if you ever need to jettison your Pokémon to a bad guy in a hurry, I can always inhale them then shoot them at the enemy."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:41:32 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
Jeremy looks up at Rabbit.  "Sure, here's a Pokéball.  I don't really know how it works though.  I've got four more and the only Pokémon I've encountered so far are Kurt and Kong.  It looks like I might not need them any time soon.  Man, there were so many awesome Pokémon around Viridian City...."  Jeremy then hands a Pokéball to Rabbit.

"Really?" Jeremy asks as he spins to look at Kurt.  "Man, I want a Kirby, you guys sound awesome!  What do you evolve into?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
The guards seems to flinch for a moment while their hand flies to their sword's hilt when they sees Rabbit's "naked" form, but the captain quickly raises a hand  and they pull away their hands, recovering their composture.

Ah... Yes, I understand, it would probably be better if you didn't exit the ship whitout your armor, at least for today... The population has already had plenty of emotions for today. Anyway, the chest didn't seem to contain anything particularly dangerous, so the guard has nothing else to do here. We'll be returning to the city, you're free to rest here or we can offer you acommodations on land to spend the night. Until tommorrow should we not meet again today.

Meanwhile Pha's starts  to carefully check the ship planks, under old rugs and behind supply crates. After around an hour her curiosity ends up paying off, and she finds a secret compartment with  small green, blue and red jewels and some more glass vials.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:16:34 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
-K!CHING-

Pha snickered along as she kept finding more and more loot.
"Ooo. I'll be able to bathe in the stuff before too long."

She would nod with satisfaction at those accepting to come with her. Obviously very glad to have them around.
"Great!"

She would stash the monetary loot in a bag in the morning, ready to keep it everyone else seemed satisfied with the mystical objects found within the chest.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »
"Really?" Jeremy asks as he spins to look at Kurt.  "Man, I want a Kirby, you guys sound awesome!  What do you evolve into?"
"Well, I guess I am kinda neat, compared to some of the races around! umm... Evolve? I've only heard that word once before, and it was being used to explain one possible reason that The Great Hero Kybrin was so much more powerful than normal. Maybe that's what you mean?"

[Ret-Con  :whistle]
"Perhaps... it would be best if I stayed on the ship. To the town, the suited figure is a hero. I... do no wish to cause unrest." he paused, "I know what I must look like to you."

As Kurt looked upon Rabbit, he thought that the strange-looking man still looked maybe a little stranger than most, but pretty much everyone looked strange to him since he left home, just as strange as those who visited the Land of Dreams from elsewhere.
But listening to him speak on his appearance, Kurt thought that Rabbit sounded ashamed or sad about his appearance, or at least about how others would react to his appearance.

Kurt decided not to say anything. Because, while he didn't think Rabbit looked all that much stranger than most, Kurt has learned that such comments can often be as bad as they are good.
[/Ret-Con :p]

(I have no problem with entering "Time Skip Mode" anytime you guys are ready, Kurt will stay on the boat with Rabbit, to keep him company. And because, you know, Rabbit is the smart one, and Kurt would want to stay around Rabbit so that Kurt can better be able to figure stuff out  :D.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:57:07 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
"Maybe you guys don't evolve.  Some Pokémon turn into other creatures as they get older and more powerful.  I have a couple of evolved Pokémon myself!"

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
Rabbit took the Pokéball from Jeremy with a nod. "Thank you. I'll have Hex64 analyze this in the morning, along with the items in the chest, as well as the glaive. We can then divide the spoils evenly." the Space Pirate motioned to the chest when he spoke.

It was an oddity, but in Space Pirate culture, one of the few things that was not tolerated was theft from a fellow Space Pirate. Division of wealth and resources to ensure maximum success all but required that everyone be happy with their share.

"If there is nothing further, I will retire for the evening. Good night, everyone." and Rabbit headed towards the bunks. Rather then the big and fluffy captain's bed, Rabbit took one of the conventional crew bunks. It felt normal to him. After all, were he still a Space Pirate, it'd be cycles before he could even SEND a direct communication to High Command, let alone claim their station. Galactic Federation or otherwise, he was just a trooper. All that changed was his pay scale.

As he drifted off to the realm of plunder and respect, he tapped his visor one final time. "System. Event ID 23590 authorize."

Acknowledged. Executing Event Cluster ID 23590

Along Rabbit's spine, elbows, neck, and knees there would be sporadic pulses of soft light, and the power suit that deres'ed in a minute would slowly, over the course of the next few hours, be painstakingly reconstructed.

-----------(TIME JUMP!)-----------

Rabbit would awaken several hours later, and the first thing he did was remove his helmet. After all, he was among friends, and with his module loadout he wouldn't be producing a sealed atmosphere anytime soon. His alarm informed him that the event cluster had reached completion, and the readout displayed on his visor display:

Event Cluster ID 23590 complete. Runtime 0.0.09.48.26.07
Inquisition Module Loadout Rendered:

Module R86
Rezbit Control Module Version IV [Utility Mount Selected]: Primed. Hex64 Servitor Rezbit Unit online and awaiting input. Allocating 3 units of energy to Rezbit Control Sequencer. Allocation Adjustable.

Module X89
Chozo Inspired X-Ray Module Version I(Beta) [Visor Mount Selected]: Primed. X-Ray Visor online. Additional functionality online. Allocating 2 unit of energy to X-Ray Visual module. Allocation Adjustable.

Module D15
Ing Inspired Dark Visor Module Version VII [Helment Mount Selected]: Primed. Dark Visor online. Additional functionality online. Allocating 1 units of energy to Trans-Spacial Visual Module. Allocation Adjustable.

Internalized
Alacritous Reflex System Detected. Allocating 2 units of energy to optic fiber reflexive system. Allocation Locked.
Internalized
Cognition Detection System Detected. Allocating 1 unit of energy to Delta-Scan inference field. Allocation Locked.

You have allocated 9 of your 9 registered units of trans-phazon energy.

(click to show/hide)

Rabbit got up from the bunk and gave a few routine motions to test mobility and shake off the sleepies. A few motions later, and Rabbit gave a tap on his left forearm, as though keying in something. Lines of energy would race along his suit to his left hand, which went from holding nothing, to holding a small sphere with red dots and an intricate pattern etched onto it. The lights would pulse for a few moments before they remained on steady, at which point Rabbit would release it and it would hover in mid air. Two smaller orbs, covered in what looked like spikes or quills, would form and orbit around the central body, while every few moments several orange panels would appear, display gibberish at breakneck speeds, then wink out of existence at random intervals.

Before the others awoke, he'd start his own pet project. "Hex64. Authenticate." and the orb would make a series of tones that sounded like a touch tone phone being trampled by a colossal millipede. Ahhh, the purity of digital communication. Once the decryption of the Rezbit's authentication code displayed on Rabbit's visor, he addressed the digital construct again. "Hex64. Command. Begin analysis." and Rabbit held up the Pokéball. A blue beam scanned over the sphere, and the Rezbit itself make a tone unlike a dial-up modem being smashed with a lead pipe at the bottom of a well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:25:02 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
Hex64 finishes the scan in a few seconds

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:21:58 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2012, 04:10:47 PM »
While the others slept, Hex64 and Rabbit worked over the items in question one by one. Some confounded the digital construct, while others it identified with unnerving ease. There was just something about working with a Rezbit that Rabbit found comforting.

After the scans were complete, some with confirmatory tones that were soft on the ear, while others made the Rezbit make a sound that sounded like a seashell being scraped against concrete at relativistic speeds. A readout on Rabbit's visor indicated the findings, and the Rezbit hovered over to be in Rabbit's proximity.

Incoming Data Stream from Rezbit designation HEX64 
01010111 01000001 01001110 01000100 01001111 01000110 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 01001100 01001111 01001110 01010111 01000001 01010011 01000001 01010100 01000101 01010010 01010010 01001001 01000010 01001100 01000101 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101

Analysis of Requested Inventory successfully completed. Runtime 0.0.00.08.26.07
Designation: Pokéball - Scan inconclusive. Object failed to register with self-loaded databases. Error 404 when connecting to Galactic Datanet. Check your HiFi connectivity and retry.

Designation: Tome - Repository of knowledge. Transmorphic contents with imbedded low resonance psychic detection system. Book alters contents based on reader's designs, limited to a miniscule occurrences per cycle. Projections indicate higher familiarity with target subject reduce time required to find useful content. Requires tactile contact for functionality. Recommend keep out of reach of Papal Militia of Scientology.

Designation: Vest - Material fabrication scan indicates objects mass disproportionate to its tensile strength. Low yield optical camoflague effect located. Power source intrinsic to garment. Estimations on duration indicate incredible short half life of fundamental power source. Recharge time estimated at one full cycle.

Designation: Belt - Non-euclidian kinetic infusion device. Intensifies kinetic force at moment of impact through unknown means. (Reference Article 43.5.G "Magic, a Synopsis of the Infinite by Coronya" - Autoqueued for informative reading.) Energy to mass ratio suggests prohibitive kinetic recycling rate. Systemic Estimate: Singular use per hexpass.

Designation: Sigil - Pleasing design harmonizes with pleasure centers of carbon-based brain clusters, soliciting trust formation. Wavelengths erode deceptive centers of wearer's speech patterns, degrading the capacity to convincingly convey falsehoods. Sigil can also generate a feedback situation which prevents outside aggressions to target the wearer with violent intent. Wearer is discouraged from initiating violent intent via negative reinforcement protocols. Recommend keep out of reach of Papal Militia of Scientology.

Designation: Amber Beetle - Organism is in non-measurable state of suspended animation. Situational protocol can release suspended organism for one soloton hexpass, whereupon organism will be returned to stasis. Intrinsic crystalline pattern powers stasis effect. Recommend limiting release of suspended organism to one occurrence per cycle.

Designation: Glaive -
A fatal exception occurred at Memory Allocation 56F8DF0F:5050 when attempting to analyze and categorize designated item. Scheduling mandatory database sync and error logging / correction algorithm

Designation: Red Fluid - Unable to properly categorize properties of designated item. Prior recorded evidence suggests cellular regenerative fluid.

Designation: Blue Fluid - Cross Referenced with GF Medical Journal entry 5F-2. Promotes neutralization of fatigue and other negative effects. Advertising Campaign claims can "Reinvigorate the Mind and Body".

- Likelihood of Blue Fluid performing as comparison consumer product advertises: 99.545%
- Likelihood of Comparison Consumer Product performing as advertised: 1.458%

Designation: Green Fluid - Restores motion to locked joint points and allows for voluntary muscular control restoration.

Designation: Yellow Fluid - Provides for short term repulsion of negative entities, classically referenced as 'Evil'. Negative entities are those with sufficient disregard for the safety of others, blatant disregard for galactic or planetary laws and regulations, or those residing in a parallel world as seen on Planet Aether. [Reference: Aether]

"Excellent. Task well performed." Rabbit mentioned to the Rezbit, who made a chirp that sounded less like a bird, and more like someone dropped a nail on a disk sander while said sander was being disassembled by a cherry bomb. That glaive still bothered him, but he'd be satisfied to have it pointed AWAY from him, at least. Once the others woke up, he'd fill them in, but for the moment, he walked to the deck to enjoy the sea breeze, and the sunrise.

This planet had an awe inspiring sun.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:40:07 AM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
The others seemed to be thoroughly exhausted, giving Rabbit a bit more time on the deck, with his thoughts. He thought back to just last night, and how it changed everything.

"System. Logbook Entry. Personal. Timestamp and begin."

Rabbit waited for the signal that the internal system was ready, and he began.

"Personal Log, Rabbit.

Life as, essentially, a pardoned criminal is harder then I ever imagined, and the last cycle was a bitter reminder of such. Back ho.... back with the Federation, I am considered by bond of law a free sentient, having paid for my crimes and theoretically bettered myself, but everywhere I went I was met with faces of fear or hate, and repulsion. The Galactic Federation is charter to over a hundred worlds, and still, I was an outcast.

Even within the ranks of the GF, I was singled out. Sent to the further reaches, given the lower jobs, and Allocational Payroll never could spell my designation properly. Though, it was a life I chose. Until I met some new friends, theoretically from out of the local region I find myself in.

Kong is a strong warrior, possessed of a deep spirit and a wanting to achieve. He is eager to leap into the fray, and just as quick to leap to the aid of his companions. His prowess in combat and style of battle remind me of the Elite forces, though he has yet to acquire any form of personal stealth. Perhaps that is a kindness towards his enemies
?"

Rabbit took a moment to attack tactical notes about Kong's contributions to the battle to the log entry. Encrypted, of course.

"Pha Eris seems a bit withdrawn, but in that aspect I see much of myself. Surrounded by beings she does not resemble much, she may feel unwelcome by our differences, but she is welcomed by the spirit of friendship. Friendship. Such an odd term, and an even odder feeling. With the Space Pirates, there was no friendship. You did as you were told, and your sense of accomplishment was at a job well done. Here, though, it seems that even in failure there can be a sense of accomplishment, by encouraging your compatriots to try again. Pha Eris mentioned I look less like a rabbit, and more like a fish. After sequestered research, I've concluded she is correct, but lapine creatures are considered more fortunate then piscene creatures. At least in human-centric mythos." he paused, "She would like Phendrana, I imagine."

Rabbit took another pause to attach data scans and identification images to the log at this point. Then he resumed his log, idly strolling around the deck, motioning with his hands to identify key points.

"Kurt reminds me of my prior years in ways he can never imagine. From how he sails through the air lazily, to how he attaches.... or rather engulfs... his prey and leaves them in a crumpled heap, reminds me of those screaming members of science division who begged us to break protocol and open that door when Metroid containment failed. It was such a waste, we lost so many obedient metroids that day." he shook his head, "Kurt is nothing like them, though. For beginners, he's not green." a chuckle, "No, Kurt is something completely different, something new. Something I've never seen before. A mass of living protomatter. To know life could exist of such materials, is the stuff of dreams."

"Zax is quiet. Too quiet. I hardly know more about him past his name. A winged divergence from the usual genome, skilled in the local arts of martial combat. His silence and deadly serious demeanor are things that I know all too well. The mark of an exile." Rabbit theorized.

"Jeremy is a youngling, as young as I was when I received my first confirmed kill. Though, where I only saw duty and loyalty to High Command, he roams the land with his friends, Bayleaf and the others, with little concern or care. He is the very beacon of friendship, I am certain of it. He could inspire a nation, or command an army, once he matures. Last cycle's battle must weigh heavily on him. I will have to check on him. It is... what a friend would do."

"System. End Log entry. Encrypt. Do not publish."

Acknowledged. Log Entry generated and encrypted.

Rabbit gave a satisfied nod, then turned to look at the rising sun. The blinding light of the...

Ingtech Inspired Dark Vision active. Compensating for glare intensity

... The gentle light of the sun as it rose over the horizon was a welcome warmth. Rabbit wondered how many people on this entire planet could look at their sun and not wince from its brilliance? Then it occurred to him, that when the children of this world draw their pictures of their homes in the sand, every one of them drew the sun in the sky as a circle.

"They aren't so far behind afterall." he said to himself.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
Zax is out on the deck, stretching his wings and performing weapon exercises.  He sees Rabbit and approaches.

"Hey, uh... Rabbit, right?  Yeah.  I heard you say you were a pirate?  And then you joined the army?  Man, why would you do that to yourself?  You know they're just gonna use you up and spit you out.  The guys in charge don't care about you or me, man.  They just care about fighting their big wars and looking good when they're all smoking cigars afterwards.  'Hey, my army beat your army!' 'Well, here's 5 rupees, I guess you were right.'  You know?"

This is the longest speech Zax has given the entire time, and his face is sour.  He waves his shortsword halfheartedly.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »
Rabbit was as surprised to hear Zax talk as he himself was for speaking, perhaps.

He gave a nod, "A lifetime ago, I was. A Pirate of the Stars." 'Space Pirate' was still giving the translator some trouble. "We traveled from world to world, plundered and stole and... well, we were Pirates." he figured the term itself was the best explaination.

"I was ordered by the Field Commander to perform a suicide dive on the bridge of a massive star cruiser... a ship, like this one, that sails up there." he pointed to the sky. "And, oddly enough, I failed. Oh, I crashed alright, and I certainly distracted the crew of the ship. I just failed to die. Seeing no alternative, and not truly wishing to die that day, I surrendered. A few high cycles later, I was a free sentient again. Though, I was a free sentient in the central populace of my people's most hated enemy." he paused, to let the idea sink.

"My skills were as a pirate. I wasn't anything more to Science Division then an obtainer. Explore, Exploit, Enhance. That was our creed. I enlisted as an explorer, attached to a division of semi-sanctioned hunters. Independance, but still tied to the central hub of the Galactic Federation. It was that, or sanitation duty." and at that thought, Rabbit shook his head. "So in a point, I was given a choice, but it wasn't a choice."

"My entire life, I've taken orders. From High Command, from the designated Field Commander, from a Judge, from an appointed Parole Officer, from a rehabilitation official, and even from the dispatch authority." he stopped, "Last night was the first time in my entire life that someone looked to me, asked what should be done, and then it happened. It felt good." he gave a nod.

Rabbit was silent for a moment, deep in thought. He asked Zax a most puzzling question, "Pirates... Armies... Federations... If I don't serve something, then what do I do?"
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
Zax grunts.  He's not used to so much philosophy... "I'm still figuring that part out, I guess.  I just don't trust anyone else to make decisions with my best interest in mind.  Not anymore."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
Rabbit gave a nod, "As I said, I've taken orders my whole life. Giving them is new."

"In any respect. Thank you for your assistance with the Water Pirates." Rabbit offered.
Link to my homebrews