Author Topic: OOC  (Read 27154 times)

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
  • - your advertisement could stand here -
    • View Profile
Re: OOC
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
My race is a desert variant kobold, and I was wondering how you (Pencil) thought a character like that would fit in to society in this region.  Are kobolds mostly looked down upon, or is Brevia more of a place where anyone can make a name for himself, regardless of race? 
Also, are there any conveniently located deserts that I can hail from?

In Brevoy people have either a very  positive attitude towards dragons or very negative.The land was "conquered" by choral and his dragons thus when you are around people that are well with the throne and such they won`t necessary like you but they will accept you.On the other hand you are a "monster" and not very common in the mainland and not liked very much by all normal people.
But since you are not liked very much thats more so a reason to leave Brevoy and start something new.
In Brevoy, in Rostland the climate is similar to central Europe.In Issia it is more like north Canada.So there are no deserts or something like that around.
You might come from a caravan from distant places or you could be an orphan for example.

I doubt anyone will care, but if you want, copy them and put them in a spoiler in this thread.

Um, you have the best idea of the setting, while we each know our characters. So, really, It's up to your decision. Do you want to add characterization to each of our characters, or would you prefer us to all tweak the setting?
Hmm I think it would be really easier to just tell how you guys got the job but I dont want to railroad you.I think I will do it the following way.
I will summarize how you got the job and you will just write a little passage how you looked and what your first impression was on the others and so on and so forth.So it wont be real time but retrospective.

If you have any alternatives or objections I am all yours.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:57:08 PM by Pencil »
Movie Quote of the Week (Brazil):
Sam Lowry: Is that one of your triplets?
Jack Lint: Yeah, probably.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Conquered by dragons, you say... Interesting.  How long ago did this happen?  Would it be feasible that Zsass heard about a "land ruled by dragons" and traveled north to see it?  He is about 120 years old, so even if the dragons are all gone he might have been travelling for quite a while.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »
Hmm I think it would be really easier to just tell how you guys got the job but I dont want to railroad you.I think I will do it the following way.
I will summarize how you got the job and you will just write a little passage how you looked and what your first impression was on the others and so on and so forth.So it wont be real time but retrospective.

If you have any alternatives or objections I am all yours.
Sounds good to me
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
Conquered by dragons, you say... Interesting.  How long ago did this happen?  Would it be feasible that Zsass heard about a "land ruled by dragons" and traveled north to see it?  He is about 120 years old, so even if the dragons are all gone he might have been travelling for quite a while.

Well not directly ruled.More that the conquerer used 2 female wyrms withing his army.They were the one deciding factor for conquering the lands.It was around 200 years since the land, originally inhabited by the swordlords (noble families), got conquered by Choral and his Dragons.
Through the time that the family of choral reigned of the lands the throne had also the nickname "Dragonthrone" and the land is well known as the 2 headed dragon.
(click to show/hide)

So it is quite possible your character thought it was actually ruled by dragons.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:28:55 AM by Pencil »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 04:33:31 AM »
Edited my character post to include a background.  I left it rather vague with respect to geography and the recent past, to accommodate the setting and how the party meets and whatnot.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »
Alrighty.Looks good to me.2 more to go!

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
Background posted.  Any issues?  I made something up that could be fun for later.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
Hurray!Looks fine.Always nice to have plot hooks for later.Now we just have to wait for Brujon and we can start  :clap

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 11:19:08 PM »
Hurray!Looks fine.Always nice to have plot hooks for later.Now we just have to wait for Brujon and we can start  :clap

I'm really sorry i can't really join right now... I don't want to keep holding your guys up... I have exposed all of it on the off topic section... When things lighten up... Maybe i could join mid-game? I'd been hoping for this kind of game but... Well, i have exposed all =\
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:21 AM »
Sure.When you are fine again join mid game.Just promise to get well again.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 04:51:29 AM »
After that we can start with a foul taste left in the mouth.I will start a Thread and a little summary later.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
I am a little confused.Just tell me when you want to continue with the present ^^"

I don`t want to cut if some one else has something to say.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:39:51 PM by Pencil »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »
Oh, my bad.  I thought this was the present. 

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
My bad.Could have explained it better

This is the present and what you talk is a "flashback" if you can say so.I didn`t want to railroad how your characters got introduced neither to play out how you got the job since it would eat sooo much time without accomplishing much.so I thought this was a good compromise.

Quote from: the present
It has been around 2 days that you left Restov, the most southward city of whole Brevoy.It is strange.Normally all bigger roads in Brevoy itself are well traveled and you at least see another group of travelers a day.But this road is empty and not well worked.It seems that those are the small and first signs of leaving Brevoy and going into the Greenbelt.

What you talk about atm is when you first met and how you acted at that time since it would make more sense doing those conversations at the first meeting and not after 2 days traveling.

hope it makes more sense now ^^"

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:07:25 PM by Pencil »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
Ok, so "present day" we're on the road to the Trading Post, where we're supposed to receive additional information, correct?
Do we know what to expect in the Greenbelt besides bandits?

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 05:13:21 AM »
Ok, so "present day" we're on the road to the Trading Post, where we're supposed to receive additional information, correct?

Correcto Mundo.

Do we know what to expect in the Greenbelt besides bandits?
Every one can make a knowledge(history,nature and geography) or gather information check if he wanted to inform himself in Restov about the Greenbelt and his inhabitants.

Harald and savant can write an exit for their character then I will continue.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:00:29 PM by Pencil »

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
Done. with a small acquisition I hope is reasonable : after all there might be a donkey shortage... or a crazy man cornering the market with his "Slighty used Camel Emporium".  :smirk
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »
I will post your results after geniussavant posted "his exit" and we get back into "action".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:24:35 PM by Pencil »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »
I'll take a 10 on a Survival check to forage for food.  Total is 13, so I can feed one other person too.  That is, if anyone is interested in the bugs and small rodents that Zsass would eat ;-)

Jack would never ask, bit if offered, he would have no problem eating such fair. :)
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 05:20:25 AM »
sooo, you guys are still standing in front of the trading post :tongue