Author Topic: General Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 211773 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
Exactly my point.

I'm not sure declaring Master Asia a superhero is the right thing to do. And that is from a Gundam show. :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
It sorta COULD count  :whistle

Otherwise a class that doesn't get a mecha that can fight mechas......is probably gonna be like a Shounen Superhero kind of thing.

It happens.
Master Asia just happens to be ridiculously high level, so yes he can own low level mechas barehanded. :p

Anyway, how about a pilot feat that allows you to:
-Use your pilot maneuvers and stances on foot (each only once per ecounter).
-Inflict status effects on mechas while on foot.
-Gives you some jetpack/jetbike/bionic legs that turn your movement into mecha type for a short burst of time.

That would take care of the "pilot left on foot can still keep facing enemies head on".

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »
That seems like a pretty powerful feat.

Oh, actually, what if you incorporated using Spirit with the pilot feat idea to use mecha maneuvers and stances outside of your mecha? Because, like, its Spirit. Like, um....gosh I don't quite know how to explain what I mean.  :-\

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
You mean using Spirit instead of Energy to use maneuvers on foot, since spirit is to the pilot kind of what energy is to a mecha? Sorta?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »
You mean using Spirit instead of Energy to use maneuvers on foot, since spirit is to the pilot kind of what energy is to a mecha? Sorta?

I think that's similar to something I was pondering for a spirit focused class--when they run out of energy or HP, spirit can be substituted instead. :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »

Sorta, yeah.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »

I think that's similar to something I was pondering for a spirit focused class--when they run out of energy or HP, spirit can be substituted instead. :lmao

The thing is, spirits can still be used by pilots on foot.

The 1/ecounter mecha maneuver was suposed to be a desesperation move.

For example here's Kouji Kabuto using Rocket Punch when unable to acess the Mazinger. Definetely something you can't pull twice in the same ecounter, regardless of how strong your spirit is. :p

Anyway, any objections against the feat?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »
No objections on my part, though I should point out that for the thing I was thinking of there, they'd still be in the mecha.

If you can't power your robot through hot bloodedness, you're doing something wrong and I think both the TTGL and Getter Robo universes are going to be disappointed in you. :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »
Increased the energy cost from The Gravity Wall and Gravity Wall prototype to 15 and 10 respectively.

Also following Raine Daze's sugestion on the Phantasy Star campaign, you can quickly get a weaker robot/ship if your main one gets destroyed to help you in your quest.

Feat should come up later today, need food now.

No objections on my part, though I should point out that for the thing I was thinking of there, they'd still be in the mecha.

If you can't power your robot through hot bloodedness, you're doing something wrong and I think both the TTGL and Getter Robo universes are going to be disappointed in you. :p
Well, that's for what spirits are for. You can use them to make your mechas keep going, deal more damage, act faster, etc.

As for Getter, I still have to figure out some mechanics for 3-member combineable robots. :P

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2013, 01:27:12 PM »
Not sure about the escape pod ruling being one size bigger than the pilot.
I seem to recall a ruling that the pilot cannot be larger than the mecha, so a mecha's minimum size is equal to the pilot's (in cases of very large pilots and/or very small mechas through miniaturization abilities).
If the escape pod is bigger than the mecha, something fishy is going on.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
Maybe if you're as big as your mecha, there's no escape pod and you're just ejected 1d12x5 MU?

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
I've been idly contemplating the idea of a Super Pilot who picked the max number of miniaturization upgrades, such that they have a mecha diminutive (which translates to large) robot at lv12.

Such a character could technically bring their mecha anywhere that an average party would be expected to go, and thus adventure in their mecha at all times.

Would having one character in a party able to use mecha scale when it suited them cause serious balance problems?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
Well, that would be getting pretty close to a Moon Vanguard's nanoarmor that is always working on Mu scale.  :tongue

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »
You'd probably have to slow down in confined spaces unless you like smashing into walls. :rolleyes

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
Naaah. These are all equipped with the same technology installed in those vacuum-cleaner-bots. They scan the area in front of them and make turns automatically.
They can also ignore the ongoing forces of their own acceleration whenever they make sharp turns.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
Maybe if you're as big as your mecha, there's no escape pod and you're just ejected 1d12x5 MU?
Done.

I've been idly contemplating the idea of a Super Pilot who picked the max number of miniaturization upgrades, such that they have a mecha diminutive (which translates to large) robot at lv12.

Such a character could technically bring their mecha anywhere that an average party would be expected to go, and thus adventure in their mecha at all times.

Would having one character in a party able to use mecha scale when it suited them cause serious balance problems?
Average parties don't have large party members. Whatever limitations can prevent the players from just crashing Not-Mazinger into wherever they want to go can be applied to diminutive mechas as well.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
Average lv12 parties? There's lots of ways to be permanently large at that level, even sticking to published material.

Average homebrew enabled parties will have large members sooner.

The rest of your post made no sense to me. I think I missed a reference or an earlier conversation or something. What are the limitations you allude to?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
What, you mean you don't give the druid and persistent cleric good reasons to drop their size buffs now and then? :p

Average size-changing homebrew also usually includes options to turn to more manageable sizes.

Limitations can include narrow portals/tunnels where only a small creature fits naturally. Medium creatures can squeeze in. Large ones not. Said portals/tunnels are key parts of an important structure you don't want wrecked no matter what, meaning you can't just smash an hole with brute force to make room for bigger guys.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »
Level 16, fine-MU mecha.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
What, you mean you don't give the druid and persistent cleric good reasons to drop their size buffs now and then? :p

Average size-changing homebrew also usually includes options to turn to more manageable sizes.

Limitations can include narrow portals/tunnels where only a small creature fits naturally. Medium creatures can squeeze in. Large ones not. Said portals/tunnels are key parts of an important structure you don't want wrecked no matter what, meaning you can't just smash an hole with brute force to make room for bigger guys.

So if someone chose to play a medium sized mounted charger and focused on it to the point that they sucked without their mount, you would force them to abandon it on a regular basis?

The hypothetical diminutive mecha pilot isn't in any worse a situation than the mount based character above. They just get out of their mecha and fight (or find a role that doesn't require that.)