Author Topic: Black Camp  (Read 261610 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Black Void
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »
Sara quickly reaches out to catch the bow.  To bad she, wait, she caught it?  Huh it looked like she missed.  Oh well.

Sara: Um, are you sure?  You don't sound super happy...
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »
"Of Course I'm not happy, but it has to be done, right?  This Gate thing is quite important, no?  Figuring out what is going on is much more important than my bow.  At least for now."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2013, 11:57:41 PM »
(click to show/hide)
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »
Sara: Okay...  Um, here I go then...

Sara holds up the bow and closes her eyes.  The tips of the bow start glowing, then the bow itself.  Quickly the entire bow is engulfed in light, then the light is all the remains, the bow seeming consumed.  The resulting mote of light feels rather different from what was pulled out of Becca, but you can't really say why.  It drifts off into the darkness a bit, then settles into the dark ground.

Please make self tests.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »
Still introspecting and unbalanced, Louise loses track of herself, but she refuses to let her spirit die, Her sense of pride wells up.  Even though she lost her bow and precious friend, she has to be strong.  Her will is made real with the force of 21 clubs
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:33:04 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2013, 12:32:53 AM »
(click to show/hide)
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2013, 12:37:54 AM »
From where the mote lands springs up what can only be called a Gate.  That being said, it doesn't exactly match what either of you think of when you think of a gate.  It more closely resembles an archway for one, and for two it appears to be made out of a single tree, growing up to form one side of the arch, folding over, and growing back to down to form the other side.  Flower petals from the tree's "top" appear to be floating in the space below the arch, completing the "gate."

Sara: Huh?  What's... that?  Is that a Gate?  It doesn't look like what I expected...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2013, 12:47:33 AM »
"Did you expect something specific?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2013, 12:48:30 AM »
Sara: Huh?  Um... from your Fragment, I thought it would be more like a school gate...
Sara: You know, with brick and iron...  Though...  Why do I know that?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2013, 01:17:38 AM »
"It might have been something you figured out while...  rooting around in me."  Louise shakes her head and dispels the thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:32:54 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »
Sara: Oh...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2013, 01:26:45 AM »
"Regardless...  Now there is a gate there...  Perhaps we should go in?"  Louise does little to hide her nervousness.  She has no weapon and has no idea what kind of gate this is.  there was obviously no spatial relationship between the gate and where it led, but she's not ready to let go of reality yet.  Why is nobody else bothered by this?  That girl just reached into us and pulled something out.  I have no idea what That Becca girl got pulled out of her, maybe some memories or maybe it was her soul.  if it was her soul, mine certainly is bowlike, and equally gone.

What if neither of them are human?  Neither of them are batting an eye at anything that is happening.

God Help Me.

"but if you'd prefer, we could try looking around this area."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:32:33 AM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:29 AM »
"Looking around? It's darkness everywhere except for here." I take Sara's hand, then reach out to Loise.

"Well, ladies? Shall we?"

God, I hope I had the chance to take some meds shortly before all this happened. We can only hope.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2013, 01:31:28 AM »
"Is she coming with us?"  Louise sounds perhaps too monotonous as she says that.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:38 AM »
Sara: Ah, sorry!  I, um, can't go...

Sara squirms out of Becca's hand.

Sara: I want to, but...  I can't...  I'm really sorry...
Sara: I'll wait here for you to come back, okay?  I'll make sure the Gate stays safe...

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2013, 01:41:07 AM »
I pat Sara on the head again and look into her eyes. "You're sure?" A pause. "Well, more than the Gate, make sure that you stay safe."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:10 AM »
Louise examines the gateway.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
Sara: Mmm, you don't have to worry about me!
Sara: I'm not strong, but I'm kind of like a cockroach!
Sara: I'll definitely be fine!  But, um...  Be careful, okay?  I don't know what's on the other side...

Louise, the gateway appears as it has been described.  A single, thin tree growing up and over to form an arch.  The tree's roots are spread out a bit, and the tree's branches are covered in white flowers.  Many of these flowers are drifting in the gap below the arch like a curtain.  The tree gives off a faint but pleasant smell.  The leaves on the tree appear to be facing the light of the pillar.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
"Well, then." I reach my hand out towards Louise's and cock an eyebrow at her. "Shall we?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2013, 02:00:05 AM »
Louise plucks a flower from the tree.  "Let us go."  She considers the hand, for a moment. a long moment.  She finally takes the fingers of Becca's hand and moves towards the gate.
Magic do what you will