Author Topic: Calling all Paintball Players  (Read 6549 times)

Offline konnerthefirst

• Love what you do
    • View Profile
Calling all Paintball Players
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
Hey guys just doinga  pull sorta of how many of you guys and gals are avid paintball players

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
Re: Calling all Paintball Players
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:34:43 AM »
I'm not 'avid' in the sense that I do it all the time, but I love paintball. The visceral nature and camaraderie appeal to the romantic in me.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »
I enjoy it a great deal, though I'm by no means an enthusiast.

I tend to stick to 'sneak-n-shoot' strategy. I'm like Solid Snake with a paintgun, biatches!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline archangel.arcanis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
I like paintball, though I've only been able to play a few times. I got myself a gun and the one place within an hour of where I live promptly closed promising to re-open at a different location in the summer. That was about 3-4 years ago now.

Offline konnerthefirst

• Love what you do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
cool, i am one of the people who plays at the big scenario games and spends too much money on it  :P

Offline Optimator

• Lurker
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 11:22:36 PM »
I've only gone paintballing a few times.  I liked it, but I really didn't like the hardcore paintball regulars.  Dicks, all of them.  A bunch of them turned their pressure back up too!

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
I've only gone paintballing a few times.  I liked it, but I really didn't like the hardcore paintball regulars.  Dicks, all of them.  A bunch of them turned their pressure back up too!

Yeah, it's better to go with a (large) group of people you know. My first time going, which was great overall, after I got shot out in one of the scenarios, two more guys shot me in the back - one at very close range - as I exited the field with my weapon held above my head. It isn't especially painful through a jumpsuit, but it's clearly bad-mannered.
- The More You Know

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:00:56 AM »

Yeah, it's better to go with a (large) group of people you know. My first time going, which was great overall, after I got shot out in one of the scenarios, two more guys shot me in the back - one at very close range - as I exited the field with my weapon held above my head. It isn't especially painful through a jumpsuit, but it's clearly bad-mannered.

You can feel pain from being shot with a paintball? I never noticed.  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »

Kuroi, for your sake I hope you deliberately missed the point. We were discussing players who are "dicks." I was following the procedure for leaving the field when shot out and was subsequently shot multiple times unnecessarily. You'll even notice I said it "isn't especially painful." Don't be a dick yourself.
- The More You Know

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »

Kuroi, for your sake I hope you deliberately missed the point. We were discussing players who are "dicks." I was following the procedure for leaving the field when shot out and was subsequently shot multiple times unnecessarily. You'll even notice I said it "isn't especially painful." Don't be a dick yourself.

Yes, it was a deliberate missing of the point. Hence the smiley, you know.  :D

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »

I've given up on smileys. For instance, yours could have meant (and I read it as) an emphasis of how obvious it is that getting shot can cause pain, as if I had somehow forgotten human biology and physics.

Anyway, I wish I remembered the name of the place, but there's a forest with paintball set up about twenty minutes outside of Cambridge, UK that I really recommend to anyone in the area. Great variety of scenarios, terrain and buildings/constructs. Also, at mid-morning, when the fog is still lifting, the light from the canopy on the fog and the condensation inside your helmet makes you see star-bursts and rainbows everywhere, which makes the activity very surreal.
- The More You Know

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
Anyhoo, now you know.

Additionally, the joke was kinda on me, but chances are you might not be familiar with that.

And I don't live in the UK, but that sounds all kinds of awesome.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline konnerthefirst

• Love what you do
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 02:13:33 AM »

I've given up on smileys. For instance, yours could have meant (and I read it as) an emphasis of how obvious it is that getting shot can cause pain, as if I had somehow forgotten human biology and physics.

Anyway, I wish I remembered the name of the place, but there's a forest with paintball set up about twenty minutes outside of Cambridge, UK that I really recommend to anyone in the area. Great variety of scenarios, terrain and buildings/constructs. Also, at mid-morning, when the fog is still lifting, the light from the canopy on the fog and the condensation inside your helmet makes you see star-bursts and rainbows everywhere, which makes the activity very surreal.

i feel sorry for you guys most of the regulars (including me) at my local feilds are nice there are certain level of people who are dicks but not all regulars are dicks most are not