Author Topic: Adventures in crystalshore  (Read 22106 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in crystalshore
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
Gideon wanders back during the conversation, having heard nothing of import from the interrogation of the girl.

"Tell me, Henderson, just how did you convince them to let you into the clergy?" A slight grin flashes across his face, though concern flickers behind his eyes. The old man is a loon, and could very well jeopardize the whole mission if no one keeps tabs on him. With all the talk of fires, it's a wonder he's not a prime suspect.

"It takes a certain kind of man to be a Priest of Death.  In short, you have to be a little crackers, because if you aren't you will be not long after joining.  Also, I publicly beat one of their enemies to death with a lawn gnome while on a bender, and they said something about my having potential they could make use of.  That and something about everyone thinking I'm a harmless, crazy old fool so they'd never see me coming."

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
hmm

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »
"This one's nuts.  Whatever..."  Taps slammed his hand on the table for attention.  "Right, if we have no clues about initials here, then we do the obvious.  Scene of the crime.  Come on, we should go there.  If someone wants to cover things up, the more time we waste the more time they have to clean up."
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »
"I've never cleaned up after I burned a place down *cough* I mean sure, let's go  Should be much more fun than a bar."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
"Agreed. Let us question some of the rabble who may be loitering near the scene as well."

Gideon eyes Old Man Henderson warily, unsure whether to start accusing him now or later.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
"Let us go forth and question these rabble!" she says enthusiastically.

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2015, 04:46:56 AM »
As you all approach the scene you notice that there's still steam and smoke coming from the pile of ash and rubble. The morning's rain seems to have tapered off for now. The street itself is mostly empty with a couple of guards who appear to be standing by the debris.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
City guards or Guild?

Anyone unusual lurking about?

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 11:53:44 PM »
Just two guards who are talking to each they are standing near the pile of rubble. No one else is really paying attention to them or the pile of rubble.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2015, 03:14:32 AM »
"GOOD EVENING kind sirs.  Pray tell what has happened here."

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:31 AM »
The guards look at you and one of them speaks"Evening? It's morning....He then turns to the other guard and says"This is what you get to deal with Frank, while patrolling this area. He turns back to Henderson "How the hell should I know, we only just came on. But from the looks, a fire happened."

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2015, 10:21:29 AM »
"Then it's possible a fire didn't happen and someone dumped burnt trash in the road is it not?" Thinking about it, "Can you prove there was a building here yesterday?"

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
The guard points at the rubble and says"Yes, there was a building there, a place called the Gilded Lilly was a brothel i believe. Now leave me alone before i haul you lot in." The guards walk off to resume their patrol

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »
"Bye-bye"

"So fires tend to start in one location and burn from one end of the building to the other. The easiest way to figure out where the fire started is to look for the most burnt down materials, but if that doesn't work we can bare some of the stonework for markings, looking at the fissures in the wood, and so on. I could even tell you if an accelerate was used, I am a master of fire investigation!"

Looking around... "Where is the crime scene again?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
GM: Your right next to where the building was,but now is a pile of smoldering rubble, btw the guards walked away without hearing you say a word.  as for what you figure out....You can't really tell for sure,but from what you figure out it seems like the building just spontaneously burst into flames all over at once. You do however find some bones,along with a skull.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
"This was caused by magic and it wasn't about burning the inn down. It's an assassination!" Picking throw the bones she attempts to find the pelvis to determine it's gender, or lacking there of by looking at the facial landmarks of the skull.

(click to show/hide)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:52 PM »
I'll try detect magic.  If thats no good we'll run with detect evil.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
"How are you so sure it was an assassination? Just because of some bones? It could have simply been someone who got caught in the building. Number one rule of investigations is don't jump to conclusions. Otherwise you start trying to justify every detail simply to fit in with your conclusion, whether accurate or not."

(click to show/hide)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:41 AM »
The party was out, and on the case.  The crime scene; a wreck.  Taps was surprised the place hadn't been picked clean yet, and even more surprised when upturned ash turned up the remains of a corpse too.  He let the others parley with the guards, it would distract them enough for him to investigate further.  There's something about this body and he knew it...

He wanted to identify this body, and he needed a list of people who died or went missing in the fire.  Knowing who they were could give insight on why the place burned.  At the moment, he'll suffice with trying to idenfy basic traits of the skeleton, such as gender (from the hips), size, and approximate age.  Taps remained stoicly silently as he wrote these notes down, drawing out an image of what he saw and the time.

Now, Taps is no forensic master, nor is he a fireman, nor grim gravedigger.  However, exactly what condition is the skeleton?  If it's completely bare and clean, either the fire was quite hot indeed or this skeleton may have been dead beforehand.  That, or he's reading far too deep into this.

"Hey, Redhat." he motioned towards Rarlet.  "You said you can figure out where the fire started?  Do it, I need to think."

Investigation is in order. 
Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20

Also a general Perception of the area. 
Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6

And a little Sense Moti- I mean Insight on the guards while they're chatting it up, assuming I can tell from this distance. 
Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20

Mudada.

Offline trappedslider

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
I'm currently in ICU due to asthma so the game is on hold