Author Topic: [PF] New Mythic abilities  (Read 1207 times)

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Chara did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
[PF] New Mythic abilities
« on: July 21, 2015, 07:11:19 PM »
I'd like this topic to be a place where we can brainstorm ideas for new interesting Mythic abilities (or alternatively houserules for the existing ones), mechanically or just conceptually. Let me start:
Mythical Tracker (Ex)
6th-Tier Universal Path Ability
Requirements: Scent ability.
Benefit: Your Scent ability's range extends by 5 ft. for every 5 ranks of your Perception skill. Additionally, you can discern the exact direction and distance to an individual that you're familiar with the scent of by concentrating on the scents in the air for 1 min. up to a number of miles equal to half of your Perception check (rounding down).
(the ability was inspired by Jack Rakan)
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay

Offline Falkonus

• Lurker
  • Much to do... Much to learn...
    • View Profile
Re: [PF] New Mythic abilities
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:57:26 AM »
An interesting ability as far as Pathfinder abilities go. Makes tracking and hunting go beyond those who take all those levels in Ranger or Hunter to an extent.

In my experience with Mythic games, the thing that kills it is linearity; making builds focused around certain mythic abilities usually tend to make the games one-dimensional since most mythic abilities are just power boosts and extensions of existing abilities. Its just my opinion, but mythic abilities should be stand-alone utilities with requirements to obtain them, like this one.