Author Topic: Awesome stuff you have to share, V4  (Read 144528 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome stuff you have to share, V4
« Reply #560 on: December 05, 2019, 03:41:53 PM »
As someone whom has lived through two presidential impeachments (and the left here has been threatening to make the third a reality) it is somewhat amusing to me to see americans losing their shit over what passes for Trump's impeachment proceedings.

I mean, really: what are the charges there?
Bribery. 
Extortion.   
Attempting to illegally interfere in the election process.  Which is the core fucking reason to have a removal process.
Obstruction of Congress.  The other damn reason for it existing.

Nixon slinked away with his tail between his legs for the same things.  And he didn't involve multiple foreign governments in his crime spree.  (He did that to get elected in the first place.)  Trump meanwhile is openly continuing his efforts to subvert the constitution and illegally manipulate his next election.  And all his Ukraine claptrap is straight up Russian propaganda with no substantiation from any reputable source.  He's looking to reward Russia for its cyber warfare during the 2016 election while he's at it.  And his lawyers are arguing he can't be held accountable for crimes, nor investigated, not even by congress.  That has explicit authority to do so.

This isn't Clinton's blowjob, its a huge series of crimes that undermine the basic functioning of the country's democratic institutions.

You'll have to forgive me for asking. I'm honestly confused because looking it up I got anything from him literally being too rich (breaks the emolument clause of impeachment if I remember correctly - but then why was he allowed to run in the first place?) to being associated with neonazi parties.

Him being aided by Russians to win the 2016 election is something I find... mildly doubtful? I mean, what was Hillary Clinton going to do external-politics-wise that he'd help Putin with instead? After all, the guy escalated the conflict in Syria which up until then the US had minimal involvement with. What quid did he send Russia's way in exchange for said pro quo? I don't doubt that might have happened, but it kinda begs the question. The whole Ukraine thing feels kinda iffy on the credibility department to be honest - from what I read on that front, he's being implicated for phone calls his lawyer made to the department responsible for sending military financial aid towards the Ukraine, which is what he supposedly blackmailed them with. However, the contents of said phone calls are heretofore unknown.

For reference, the two impeachments I refer to:

-In the first one, then-prez was found guilty of deviating funds from the department responsible for retirements and pensions and pocketed said money. He did some time for that, nowadays he's in the Senate.

-The second one, our first female prez ever was found guilty of deviating funds from the country's biggest state-owned (and monopolitic might I add) energy company to a number of people, including but not limited to party members when she was director of said company then using presidential authority to cover it up when things surfaced, as well as funding state welfare programs with money from private banks and then not paying them at all when said money was due. Added hilarity: at the time she actually passed a law saying that the country could actually own private banks EXACTLY the amount she was on trial for - retroactively no less.

The second one was so laden with party-based discussion that to this day a shitton of people refer to her impeachment as a coup d'etat.  :P
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 05, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
The money stuff isn't about him being too rich, it is about foreign dignitaries spending money at resorts and hotels that his family owns.

There is no such thing as too rich for a politician in the US.

Edit: Also, there's a public 300 page report that is being used to draft the articles of impeachment if you want to fully get into it

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 05, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »
The money stuff isn't about him being too rich, it is about foreign dignitaries spending money at resorts and hotels that his family owns.

And the fact that he's basically having the government paying him for playing golf at his resorts

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 07, 2019, 03:03:56 PM »

Saw my first Montana license plate (etc ...)
I shall refrain from comment lest Trappedslider "trap""sliders" me, upside my kitty avatar's head Tail.
 :twitch  :)

i'd pet you but i'm allergic to kitty

Oh no sneezes are contagious !
Aah , aah , ahhh- CHOOOO !!
Ugh oops it's an ooze, it's a Reason Stealer !!!

DM rules surprise round, picks up d20s with a gygaxian gleam in his eye.
<sing-song voice> Trapped ... Slider ... whats your ... Armour ... Class (cue ee-vul laugh)
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 08, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »

:teach ... lemme preamble first I'm not really able to represent a true neutral on this subject.  But I'll kinda try.

... emolument clause ...

... Him being aided by Russians to win the 2016 election is something I find... mildly doubtful? ...

... The whole Ukraine thing feels kinda iffy on the credibility department to be honest - from what I read on that front, he's being implicated for phone calls ...

... refer to her impeachment as a coup d'etat ...

The first hearing if I'm not mistaken, to address the Emoluments clause, will happen Monday morning (it might be the first ever).

RusGov interference charges included here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_charges_brought_in_the_Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017%E2%80%932019)#Table_of_charges

Ukraine one small detail, Sondland the EU Ambassador placed a cell phone call in a public restaurant with a USGov dude at the table, on a Russian owned cell system, with Ukrainian equipment, on a Chinese manufactured phone.  They've got the transcript along with the various USA agencies.  But the intelligence agencies can not confirm or deny (publicly).  Sondland's testimony implicates the Vice Pres, the Secretary of State, the Energy Secretary, the Republican leader of the Intelligence committee, amongst others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Sondland#Public_testimony

One of Trump's public lines for a few days was calling it a Coup too.

There's a whole lot of odd ball historic dotted I's and crossed T's happening, that are details not normally covered at all, by usual sources.
Ahh but the Lawyers and Political Hacks, positively love this stuff.

It is almost entirely a Politics process for now.
Trump has a deadline of his last day in office about the real Legal stuff, just like President Clinton had to negotiate.

Right now the knowable votes in the US Senate : 
McConnell doesn't have the inside Republican votes to table the Conviction hearing
Romney and Maine's Collins met with Trump ... which gives room for a 51-49 vote on something

2 more Repubs would have to Publicly "defect" to make the Conviction hearing rules include secret ballots
The story carried even by Fox News, is that 30 Repub Senators would vote to convict IF AND ONLY IF a secret ballot was possible, nope 30 is too low it's maybe 35
(but how the !@#$ are these 2 things not able to happen quite yet ?! ... doesn't matter it currently isn't happening)

They have to get to 2/3rds present (!) to Convict, which the Dems (47 + ??) don't have anything near that, but the 'present' part might be a way forward.

:) but don't worry  ;) there'll be plenty more Trump-aliciousness going on for a while.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »

They have to get to 2/3rds present (!) to Convict, which the Dems (47 + ??) don't have anything near that, but the 'present' part might be a way forward.

so if the dems somehow got enough for a quorum (51 senators)) and 2/3rds of that is 34,so we just need a way to figure how to keep more than 51 out of the senate :plotting
and this document over rides the previous two (74,98) in regards to this instance of impeachment https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/democrats.judiciary.house.gov/files/documents/HCM%20FINAL%20v.3.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2SYZl9Py4gs_XiPpqw32RnzZaXhU-OgeRxq2T9J14rJzjBpOkfzk6TK1k

and here's the full 300 page report if you wish to download it https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2019/12/03/docviewer-impeachment-report-democrats/assets/democratic_impeachment_report.pdf

and for webview https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/03/us/politics/house-impeachment-report.html

or https://intelligence.house.gov/report/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:50:53 AM by trappedslider »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 23, 2019, 03:50:55 PM »
 :cake

SpaceTime De- Continue Inn is occasionally a happening place.
All you gotta do is switch off your True Seeing, so its magic
can mindread your definition of "cozy" and make it so.

There's a Hecatoncheire tying one on (i.e. 50).
A Malebranche is trying to assist, but doesn't have the pile of gold needed to do much ... < some devils gotta learn the hard way >

In walks an extra tall Treant flanked by an Awakened Peach and a rogue Monodrone.
?!

A face of the Hecaton that saw it, says :  "You don't see that very often."

Malebranche says :  "See what?"  ... ( thinking it knows the answer already )

Another face right next to the first one, on the Hecaton says :
(click to show/hide)

A third face on the Hecaton chuckles once or twice, and the ceiling cues a laugh track.
The bartender looks up from his want ads ...
The monodrone has to ask the peach what's so funny.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 31, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
 :)

Happy Holidays + Happy New Year everybody ... note to self : stay away from the Cthulhu Tequila this year = check

:twitch :o  :D

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 01, 2020, 11:14:10 AM »
Happy d20d20 all.  :cheers

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
Cheers!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 07, 2020, 02:32:05 PM »
Got a job offer last night from a guy I play cards with. I basically just need to get a guard card and I get the job, he said I can skip the application process entirely.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #571 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:02 PM »
woot

The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2020, 12:44:59 AM »
Lemme know if u want advice (kitteh is security guard too).

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 09, 2020, 07:04:40 PM »
so this is the art work a friend of mine did as a commission it's one of the main characters in the book i'm working on.
(click to show/hide)

Let me know if you'd like to get in contact with her.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2020, 05:42:25 AM »
So I put together another tank, this time it's a walker Bulldog light tank

(click to show/hide)

and this bad boy came last week:
(click to show/hide)

what's in the box
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2020, 05:28:20 AM »
M1A1/2 1:35 scale model,it's not 100% done i just need to put on some decals
(click to show/hide)

Offline crazypunk86

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2022, 08:25:13 AM »
I just found out my brother is an idiot  :rolleyes

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2022, 08:46:37 AM »
We need context on why this is awesome.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2024, 06:49:12 PM »
I'm back bitches

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile