Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 237678 times)

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
Overview of running my first Path of Exile league:
2 goldrims. One Vaal-bricked tabula that I vendor'ed. Redblade Tramplers of Cadiro, making my facebreaker marauder happy.
A 8%/70% increased Rarity Andvarius from Cadiro during the last day of the league. A level 67 ice trapper and a 76 Sparker. Decent haul of currency. Level 1 MTX for those sweet golden footprint cosmetics.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased. Will probably try out Propechy league that starts tomorrow.

Going to start prophecy myself, never really get into end game in PoE but I like to make oddball builds and level them up.

Last one involved permanent Righteous Fire, one before that was a Pillar of the Caged God build with as much Strength as possible.

This time I am going for a Ranger(Deadeye) (for +AoE and +Projectile Damage/Speed) build using fireball

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2016, 03:44:14 PM »
I don't really enjoy the leveling in the beginning to be honest. If I could just fast-forward Normal difficulty, get the skill points and some sufficient gear and start at Cruel, I'd be happy. Mostly because a lot of the support gems require level 31, so before that it's a bit dull.
Also, some build enabling uniques/rares usually hang out at around level 64, like the +3 to bow gems bow that dropped for me. Awesome for caustic arrow, but it takes a while until I can use it.

Deadeye fireball, that is indeed an oddball build. My most oddball build is one I've yet to take the time to get going. It includes:

(click to show/hide)

As for prophecy, I'm going to be so boring as to try my hand at Dual Flame Totem Chieftain and SRS Necromancer. It's very standard, but I've never played either of those skills and I want to give 'em a try.

Other neat tidbit:
(click to show/hide)

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
I only ever play challenge leagues so I have to level new characters quite a lot and oddball builds make the game more varied I suppose. Plus I have always had an attraction to doing something that nobody else does (or very few people at least)

Deadeye Fireball might be too hard to actually pull off unfortunately. My next choice is Max block earthquake Scion but that's maybe not quite weird enough.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:10:35 PM by littha »

Offline Nunkuruji

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I shall bring great terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
Now I just need a proper Team Fortress mod for Doom, not the no-grenade hats and crits bullshit that is TF2.

Granted I'm too old for my reflexes to be worth a damn in FPS anymore.

Get overwatch. It really reminds me of pre hats TF2

Blizzard games always end up making me bitter. I'm done with them.

Really? Personally I have had pretty much nothing but good experiences out of Blizzard barring Diablo 3.

Well, everything leading up to an somewhat including vanilla WoW was solid.

My bitterness over WoW specifically revolves around them taking the excellence of the game at that time and failing to apply anything close to interesting pvp design in their patches and expansions. I was even happy enough with random world pvp until combatants were depleted by the battlegrounds and their sick and twisted carrot chase of high warlord. They otherwise seemed to do a good job of appealing the raid crowd, but that aspect was not for me, and that's ok.

Diablo 3 was the culmination of the skinner box filth they started with D2 and perfected over the years of WoW raid loot design, and an ill conceived method of avoiding diablo2's problematic grey market - the dreaded auction house. Ultimately the game lacked fun, since they were overly cautious about making cool loot like in D2 - seemingly designed by god damned accountants. Playing through the campaign with friends at least saved the initial experience. Subsequent patches I heard have returned the fun factor, but I've got backlogs of shit to play, rather than waste time on a heroin drip loot grind.

Starcraft II I ignored as soon as it was announced as a episodic nonsense. RTS genre done to death at this point anyways.

Hearthstone is once again another deviously constructed skinner box, rife with most of the evil trappings of today's mobile games. Skinner box RNG reward, real money to pull the slot machine level again, enticements to make you feel like you should play everyday.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:38 PM »
Overview of running my first Path of Exile league:
2 goldrims. One Vaal-bricked tabula that I vendor'ed. Redblade Tramplers of Cadiro, making my facebreaker marauder happy.
A 8%/70% increased Rarity Andvarius from Cadiro during the last day of the league. A level 67 ice trapper and a 76 Sparker. Decent haul of currency. Level 1 MTX for those sweet golden footprint cosmetics.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased. Will probably try out Propechy league that starts tomorrow.

Going to start prophecy myself, never really get into end game in PoE but I like to make oddball builds and level them up.

Last one involved permanent Righteous Fire, one before that was a Pillar of the Caged God build with as much Strength as possible.

This time I am going for a Ranger(Deadeye) (for +AoE and +Projectile Damage/Speed) build using fireball

Perandus was nice to me.  Got a level 86 Juggernaut Pillar of the Caged God sunder build, and while playing that I found plenty of interesting uniques including a Taste of Hate flask and a Varunastra (which I sold for several exalts).

This time around I'm starting off with a Firestorm witch, but I'll likely dick around a bit with Frostbolt.  So far it seems kinda blah to play (and it's just plain sad to look at), but hopefully its interactions with Ice Nova and Vortex will make it more interesting.

Alas, there's an audio bug right now where the audio just dies and you have to go back to the character screen to bring it back.  Probably several other bugs, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »
You can fix the audio bug by disabling reverb in the options.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2016, 02:58:36 AM »
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »
FUCK YOU, KONAMI!!!!

Guess they're pissing on his legacy one game at a time.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »
And for those of us that can't speak or read Japanese?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »
And for those of us that can't speak or read Japanese?

You read the English YouTube comments and realize this is just some shitty pachinko game and that konami likely won't be releasing real games anymore as they focus on their mobile and pachinko stuff instead. That's what I understood from the comments of angry nerds anyways :p

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2016, 12:58:08 AM »
Yeah, the vid is just a big ad for MGS3 pachinko.  Great legacy to an amazing franchise, Konami! /sarcasm
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2016, 03:06:47 AM »
you go where the money is or criticism is little to nonexistent?

I resubbed to woW tonight....

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2016, 03:35:18 AM »
Yeah, the vid is just a big ad for MGS3 pachinko.  Great legacy to an amazing franchise, Konami! /sarcasm

Well, the part where Hideo Kojima jumped out from Konami last year wasn't a very good omen.

Still more than what what Megaman gets from them nowadays though.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2016, 07:12:42 AM »
you go where the money is or criticism is little to nonexistent?

I resubbed to woW tonight....

I feel that pain, I resubbed last week to prepare for the new expansion... WoW is a vortex that eats time.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »

Well, the part where Hideo Kojima jumped out from Konami last year wasn't a very good omen.

Still more than what what Megaman gets from them nowadays though.

Eh? Megaman is Capcom's, not Konami's.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »
Derp. :blush

Well, it's still true that MGS still gets more attention from their company than Megaman.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »
You read the English YouTube comments
:lmao :lmao :lmao  :lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao
No.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
Skyrim Definitive Edition Listing Shows Up Online

http://gamerant.com/skyrim-definitive-edition-leak-115/

Looks like this may be a real thing

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »
Skyrim Definitive Edition Listing Shows Up Online

http://gamerant.com/skyrim-definitive-edition-leak-115/

Looks like this may be a real thing

Ah, moddable Skyrim for the unwashed console masses.  Give them cake!
What do I win?

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2016, 12:55:24 AM »
So http://www.cnet.com/news/quake-prey-dishonored-2-fallout-vr-elder-scrolls-bethesda-e3-2016/ Bethesda's E3 showcase was great IMO,

I'm excited about Skyrim special edition and if you have skyrim and all the DLC on PC,you'll get a free upgrade to SKyrim SE.