Author Topic: The Small Rant Thread 4.0  (Read 147644 times)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rant Thread 4.0
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2013, 03:30:21 AM »
Let's see, a manager who is supposed to oversee operations and was apparently on his own can't work with his own company's site much less identify basic computer hardware?  Bullshit.

Here are some pics for you:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Most recently-made computers will have a DVI output, but there are some that still use the old VGA.  I'd be surprised if one of those desktops had an HDMI or other kind of output like DisplayPort, but I suppose it's possible.

As for my own rant:  Rolled a nat 1 on attack, max damage on arrow and SS, and I had the character spend a use of his Ki Pool to go invisible.  *sigh*

Speaking of invisible, apparently invisiblecastle is having problems with their login server or something because when I got to log in, it takes several tries for it to go through.  What the hell?

And lastly, for this day anyway: Getting tired of people who think RAW is king.  As said before, it's not always so much "Read As Written" as "Read as I interpret it and you can't tell me I'm wrong, so nyeh!"  Really wish people would be comfortable saying "Here are a few ways I know of to interpret it.  Chat with your DM about it and hopefully you'll both come to an agreement."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:16:08 AM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
Here are some pics for you:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Clueless older guy says:  "Those are stylish Belt Buckles."
 ;)
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »
Sad thing is if I complain, management will probably just punish or belittle him as opposed to training him properly.

Offline RedWarlock

• Crimson-colored caster of calamity
    • View Profile
    • Red Blade Studios
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
Very small rant: The new mouse I just bought a couple weeks ago, the mousewheel has as-of-today died. It catches and actually rolls maybe one time out of twenty. I don't even use this computer very often any more except on weekends.
WarCraft post-d20: A new take on the World of WarCraft for tabletop. I need your eyes and comments!

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
The frame of my MAC book is breaking slowly. It may hold up another few months, but it will eventually break open and reveal the internal hardware, which could seriously damage a piece of equipment that I desperately need to stay intact.

It's been cracked for a while now, but I don't know if anyone can repair it (and I certainly can't afford such repairs in any case).
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
The frame of my MAC book is breaking slowly. It may hold up another few months, but it will eventually break open and reveal the internal hardware, which could seriously damage a piece of equipment that I desperately need to stay intact.

It's been cracked for a while now, but I don't know if anyone can repair it (and I certainly can't afford such repairs in any case).

You can try using silicon to reinforce the cracks. There are some tubes they sell in hardware stores, it hardens after application. Non-conductiv, so it's not an issue for the hardware.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »
The middle click on my wireless mouse just stopped working.   :banghead

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »

You can try using silicon to reinforce the cracks. There are some tubes they sell in hardware stores, it hardens after application. Non-conductiv, so it's not an issue for the hardware.
Depends on where it blew. For me the hinges stiffened(and I don't know how it's secured, so getting lubricant in is impossible), which caused it to shatter the screw mountings(to pieces too small to glue back up), and then start prying the corner apart. It's already cracked in 3 places on the external casing, so I just superglued it up until I can afford to replace the case.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »

Hmm, I might do that. The cracking is around the edges, save for one point near the touchpad.
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »
I can't find a stupid four-year-old comic series for download.  :banghead
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
Which one you looking for? I have an uncanny proclivity for locating things. (Or at least I think I do.)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Marvel Comics' Thor's Ragnarok Saga. I keep running into dead torrents.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
And lastly, for this day anyway: Getting tired of people who think RAW is king.  As said before, it's not always so much "Read As Written" as "Read as I interpret it and you can't tell me I'm wrong, so nyeh!"  Really wish people would be comfortable saying "Here are a few ways I know of to interpret it.  Chat with your DM about it and hopefully you'll both come to an agreement."
Compromise with your DM by throwing unclear rules out the window?!  You  Magical Tea Party babby! :tongue

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »
the olympics dropped wrasslin'  :shakefist

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
Well, so far they intend to for the 2020 games but the vote might be overturned in May.  It's a bit of a shame that the professional wrestling scene here in the US (and in some other places I imagine) is just staged stuff and not real sport since everything is planned out.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
I wish they'd show other sports mainstream... They show some shitty ones
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »
Trying to give advice to my cousin who is pregnant and a junior in high school and the guy seems to have dumped her...   :banghead :banghead

Pretty much told her lots of guys get turned off by the girl being clingy (and hormonal during pregnancy doesn't help that), so she'll have to work on that if she wants him back, assuming he's even open to the idea of getting back together which I sort of doubt.

My head hurts, needless to say.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2013, 12:48:04 AM »
Trying to give advice to my cousin who is pregnant and a junior in high school and the guy seems to have dumped her...   :banghead :banghead

Pretty much told her lots of guys get turned off by the girl being clingy (and hormonal during pregnancy doesn't help that), so she'll have to work on that if she wants him back, assuming he's even open to the idea of getting back together which I sort of doubt.

My head hurts, needless to say.

Tough stuff. Being a guy who just went through a very difficult and unexpected pregnancy, i'd  say to your cousin not to worry about it too much. It may be difficult for her to understand, not being a man and all, but despite it seeming like it's easy on the man because it's the woman that's carrying the child, in fact, it's not like that. It takes a while for you to get used to the idea, and since you're not the one carrying the child, you don't feel the immediate connection that the woman feels. A lot of pressure is put on you, especially since you're the one that's going to pay the kids pension... There's a lot of pressure for you to work, graduate soon. It's not that easy on the guy, especially that age.

Tell her that when the baby is born he'll probably change his mind instantly, and start to become more responsible, and that in the meantime she should be more worried about taking care of herself and the baby, and not worry about being together and shit. Tell her that if she REALLY wants to be with him she shouldn't put anymore pressure on him, since his family and friends will already give him plenty, and she should just try and convey to him what it feels like, get him to feel the baby in the belly, go with her to the doctor, etc... But not to force him on anything. He'll like that, and it will work out for the best in the long run.

When the baby is born and you feel it in your arms for the first time, it changes everything.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:22 AM »
That reminds me... Brujon, how's your baby doing? Things going better between you and your SO?
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »
That reminds me... Brujon, how's your baby doing? Things going better between you and your SO?

The baby is awesome.
This is him 2 weeks ago. He was about 2,8kg in this picture, and he's now at 4 something.
(click to show/hide)

He's got some massive cheeks now, just a bundle of cute.

About his mom... I could write a book about our discussions. Things are most definitely not well. She's not reasonable. She's totally unreasonable, about everything. About what she expects, about how she goes about demanding what she expects, about the way she acts, about everything.

She got into some massive fight with her father, and called me at 22:30 to come pick the baby up and give her a lift to her apartment (which is vacant because she's staying at her father's... Because she doesn't get enough from her job + pension to actually live on her own, and she gets help there). Well, wouldn't be a problem, except he's NOT well enough to go about strolling in a car at 22:30, he didn't finish taking his vaccines. Hell, in NORMAL conditions, i HAVE to visit him there because he CAN'T come here as would be normal in such situations.

I tell her exactly that. He's not big enough to be transported like that, he needs to rest, and he can't be exposed to cold. Moreover, nothing here is ready for him yet, because i bought everything for her house, and she didn't even have his things packed... I tell her to sit tight and sleep it off in her room, because her father wouldn't kick her out anyway, and that tomorrow if things were still bad i would pick him up.

Well. She totally FLIPPED on me, start calling me things, said she can never count on me, etc...I tell her, OK, if it's THAT bad, i'll go now. I'll just talk to my father and we'll both go, since everything doesn't fit in my car. She FLIPS EVEN MORE. "Don't involve your family! This is just between you and me! You always do that!" and blah blah blah. And then hangs up on me.

I'm like. WTF. And then i call her father. I ask him WTF is going on, and if i do need to come over and pick him up. He's pretty pissed, so he's rather rude, and say that it's family business and that he doesn't need to explain to me, but will do it anyway. I interrupt him, and say that i ABSOLUTELY do not want to meddle in how he runs his family, and that i JUST want to know if i need to come over, he says that i don't, and we hang up.

She starts texting me, even more pissed that i called her father. And then just announced she wouldn't have anything to do with me, changed her facebook status and didn't call me again. Which got pretty awkward when i went there the day before yesterday.

On the plus side, her father liked that i called him. A LOT. Which is good, because things were strained between him and me, because of all the discussions and a lot of shit.

Situation is pretty complicated. This covers barely one day and a half. Like i said, if i were to really rant about this, i'd need a book, not a single post ;(