Author Topic: Deepspawn Gestalt  (Read 1187 times)

Offline dman

• View Profile
Deepspawn Gestalt
« on: July 10, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
I thought I'd mess around a bit with the monster rules, and I'd appreciate some insight from the community. 

I put together a Savage  Deepspawn 8/ Monster of Legend 2// Titanic Creature 10 
(I can see how using monster class/templates gestalt gets quite OP.)  I tried to balance offense, defense, and put in a little mobility.
It's such a fun build, and I had some questions about how certain abilities work and any thematic or design suggestions you might have. 

First the technical questions:
Does Monster Lord allow him to damage, reach, grapple, trample, swallow, and shrug off as if he were a Colossal+ size while still being medium size?

Does Shrug Off make him immune to all special abilities that allow a save that come from creatures smaller than Colossal+? 

Does Shrug Off(2) turn all saves to Con saves or just saves from no-save abilities?

Can the Altered Eldritch Source feat key all his SLA's and other special abilities off of CON?   

Does Monster of Legend Ability Essence Drain apply to only one natural attack (like tentacle #2) or one type of natural attacks (all three bites)?  If I chose constrict could it count for three different constrictions just using each tentacle to maintain the grapple?  Could you choose trample and hit a bunch of targets or was it written to mean to apply to only one target per round?

Questions of Taste:

What do you think of the build?

For Monster of Legend I chose Wings(2), DR Admantium, SR +4, Essence Drain- Can you think of other interesting combos? 
Immune fire and cold seem good.  Sweet poison seems better for guys who don't just eat their enemies and spit out clones, but it could boost INT for Deepspawn attack bonuses.

Any other feat recommendations?

Thoughts on Titanic Creature Abilities? 
I chose a bit more defensive traits and focused on charge - full attack, then AOO - rather than energy damage or Body Slam Hold Monster SLA

For Savage Traits I chose Mad Hunger for healing, Yasha's Speed for movement and att bonus, Diffusal for magicked up enemies, and stat boosts. 

Thanks in advance for taking a look at it.  I really enjoy these boards.  :cool
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 10:05:36 PM by dman »