Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life  (Read 180123 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2018, 02:50:19 AM »
So I go In and K_ and boss are huddled in office pissed off and signing paperwork. I assume K_ is in trouble, or hatching a plot aginst me (I just recently ogt a call from my bosses boss asking me to write a statement about the boos and K_). We're missing a set of keys and K_ freaks out on me when I ask boss if she knows where the are. K_ loses her shit and says I only need one set to do rounds "SO GO! JUST FUCKING GO!!"

I leave for perimeter and when I pass by she has the gates up (a no no ) and is facing directly away from the entrance looking down at her phone. When I return to giver her a bathroom break she screams "I SAW YOU!! I SAW YOU DRIVE BY CONTINUOUSLY!! I ALREADY WENT!" I quietly mention that was not possible given the way she was looking and she screams "I SAW YOOOUU!"

So I finish round and when I come back she leaves before I can even get out of the car. When I get inside she's turned the heater on full blast. When she returns she refuses to enter the post till I leave, screams at me, and slams the door behind me. So I go on next round. Midway into it I start getting chest pains. When I pop inside I nearly black out and the clients employees call ambulance. I take no chances due to my medical conditions so I go to hospital. Tests seem well but cardiologist doesnt return till tuesday. So they let me come home, and I return at work to retrive my vehicle (I'm written off till monday). When I get backk R_ meets me outside telling me K_ is enraged but almost ecstatic this has happened and tells him "I dont wish anything bad on him, tee hee, but he nearly cost boss her job and he'll throw you under the bus too cause I wont be there to protect you. I texted boss earlier and called her after, no return from her. Somehow her boss finds out and calls me to ask wtf is going on at 10 pm r so. So I tell her in great detail and she assures me K_ would be fired if she wasn't quitting tomorrow, and to call her immediately if boss does anything to me and she will take care of it immediately.

So now I just have to hope there are no heart issues.

Eerily the guy who called an ambulance for me ended up in the next room with torn rotator cuff.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
  • Procrastinator in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2018, 10:36:11 AM »
Glad to see (since i've been gone) nothing's changed for you, bhu.  :hug

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »
Bhu, that shit you go through at work is seriously Arkham Asylum material.  :twitch
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2018, 03:13:59 AM »
Long time no see wot!!

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2018, 01:15:13 PM »
I just love it when comedic comic writers take the time to deviate into their personal SJW agendas using their website to pose as the single authority while claiming their falsified attributions and equivalencies can be glossed over "for the sake of being funny".  :rolleyes

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
this is just now getting to you?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:55 AM »
Apparently on the 10th Nintendo released Legend of Zelda SP for their online subscription content.

This rom-hack of the old NES game starts you out with six hearts, the white sword, magical shield, blue ring, power bracelet, 8 bombs, arrow access, blue candle, meat, one red potion, 9 keys, and 255 rupees. Hearts also apparently drop more frequently and all beneficial caves are automatically uncovered for you. The guy in the cave, and the meme it's dangerous to go alone, are gone. The game also comes with full maps and general tips according to it's icon. Needless to say it's already earned the nickname The Legend of Zelda: Living the life of luxury!

Personally, I think they should have just called it The Legend of Zelda: Millennial's Expectations.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
I just have to say, you do know that any adult under 40 is a millenial don't you?

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »
I just have to say, you do know that any adult under 40 is a millenial don't you?

damn millennials  :shakefist
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »

Fuck that, I was born in the eighties thankyouverymuch.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »

millennial.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »

millennial.

Yep.

Any adult born after 1980 is a millenial because we came of age around the turn of the millennium. That's where the term came from.

Edit: A minority of researchers start in the mid 70's.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2018, 05:12:34 PM »
Blame all those clickbait writers using "millennial" to sound smarter when they actually just mean "kids these days".

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
I always figured "millennial" was just a term for anybody who was born in or very close to the 2000's.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »
I always figured "millennial" was just a term for anybody who was born in or very close to the 2000's.

From a generational perspective being born in the 1980's is close to the 2000's.

Millenial is the generation that came after Gen X.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
This may come as a bit of a shocker to you, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Pew Research Center, which has a bit more authority than most, submitted an article on why they think a birth range of 1981~1996 (or in 2018, ages 22~37) are "millenials". And it's basically based on being 5~20 years old during the 9/11 attacks, which a lot of other groups base their deals on as well, rather than say for example growing up during the aftermath of the 1982 recession or remembering life during the Cold War or the AIDS epidemic. And I'm sure that isn't any sort of biaist choice in events by 25 year old annalists at all:rolleyes

Generation X, popularized by MTV and Pepsi, covers the mid-1960s to early 1980s and Harvard defines it as 1965~1984. While Generation Z covers the mid-1990s to mid-2000. Generation Y, aka the "millenials", should follow suit and cover a 20 year age group of 1985~2005, which really would have put 9/11 as a highlight of their life. But we don't actually have that. Instead 8 year olds on social media to college seniors are simply lumped into the "millenial" category along with middle aged adults. Which for example, is why you think every "adult" (16? 18? 21?) under the age of 40 counts even through we're talking about three generations here.

I base my scale on something a little different; The social mentality. Like Gen X was known to be a bunch of cynical latchkey children with no goal or aim in life but in midlife they have a happy work/life balance while being some of the hardest workers in the US since WWII. While Gen Y is mostly known for growing up with interpersonal communications, freebie rewards, the sudden increase in narcissism leading to SJW crusades and refusing to take the blame for anything. And their only current life accomplishment is the legalization of the psychogenic drugs they use to make them selves feel better.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:24:00 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
So I generalized and said adults under 40 instead of adults roughly 22-37.  Whoopdeedoo, generalization is the name of the game when there isn't a current accepted standard.  Saying that something "should" be a specific thing doesn't actually mean anything in terms of identifiation.  When I use the word adult I mean from a legal perspective, I have no idea why you would throw the age of 16 out there.  Also nobody in this thread is lumping middle-aged adults in the millennial category.

We both know that I don't care about your personal scale.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2018, 10:50:51 PM »
Guys, guys, guys.

Let's just agree teenagers are terrible people.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:17 PM »
Guys, guys, guys.

Let's just agree teenagers are terrible people.

Can't agree, I know some decent teenagers.   :P