Author Topic: Setras Ra [3.5]  (Read 11741 times)

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
Re: Setras Ra [3.5]
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
It sounded negative! I'll gladly play a Spellsinger... I just need to help write more of it xD Or something like that, I suppose.

Nope. Just meant I came up with the idea today and haven't really got it fully fleshed out yet. I think I've been mulling it over enough that I've got a few good ideas for the spells, at least. Not sure if I'm going to push it out to a full sized system yet (3 base classes, 10+ PrCs, etc.) or keep it ToM sized (1 base, 5 PrCs). Can get plenty more done before deciding on that though.

If you want to tackle something first, a base class, feats, or a race would be a great place to start.
Hm, I can do some feats real fast.

Edit: Where do you want me to put them?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 02:34:11 PM »
Oh, I forgot to add it, but there's no Take 10/20 on Spellsong. Use the dice, bub.

And I need to figure out how many Spellsongs can be in existence at once. Right now, because of the way duration is worded, it's a max of three, and that's a little low. On the other hand, they have infinite spells per day at the moment (or, well, 1/round/day, which is good enough). I'm tempted to leave it at that unless there's a big change needed.

Debating this as well:
Refrain: You may sing a second spellsong at the same time as the first. Make one check for both songs, but with a -10 penalty on the result.

Create a new thread in Lost Magic called Spellsong Feats. Just copy the formatting from Ritual feats.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »
Oh, I forgot to add it, but there's no Take 10/20 on Spellsong. Use the dice, bub.

And I need to figure out how many Spellsongs can be in existence at once. Right now, because of the way duration is worded, it's a max of three, and that's a little low. On the other hand, they have infinite spells per day at the moment (or, well, 1/round/day, which is good enough). I'm tempted to leave it at that unless there's a big change needed.

Debating this as well:
Refrain: You may sing a second spellsong at the same time as the first. Make one check for both songs, but with a -10 penalty on the result.

Create a new thread in Lost Magic called Spellsong Feats. Just copy the formatting from Ritual feats.
Have some feats!

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
Hmmm, any more info you can provide on the Necromantic classes other than general role? For instance, what would you compare them to, if possible, or how do you envision a couple of their general class features aside from the Necros and Companions? The melee beatstick, for instance, doesn't even have those to use as a measuring stick, though I'm more likely to try something using the Necros because they're pretty rad. ;)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »
For the Necromant and the Overlord, the closest analogues will actually be the Diablo II builds for the Necromancer known as the artillery necro and the overlord. So, one will be a blasting caster with a little melee muscle to keep the peons away, while the other will be designed to have a large number of companions, at least relative to D&D, and not a lot of spellcasting might.

The Vivisector I'm uncertain of myself, although the closest class in existence to what he will turn out like is almost certainly the Ritual Warrior and his abilities.

BTW, I'm almost certain the Necromant will get 2 majors, 2 minors, and 1 banned, the Vivisector 3 minors, 2 banned, and the Overlord 1 Major and 2 minors and 2 banned.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
Interesting. I'd like to see what everyone else is interested in, role-wise, though I think I'd like to try the Necromant. Overlord would be second in the list. I'm already playing a melee-focused class in the other game, so I'd like to try something more akin to a caster this time. If the group has too many casters, though, then I don't mind bringing in the brute(s). :D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »
I'm still waiting to see what everybody else plays also.   :p

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
Interesting. I'd like to see what everyone else is interested in, role-wise, though I think I'd like to try the Necromant. Overlord would be second in the list. I'm already playing a melee-focused class in the other game, so I'd like to try something more akin to a caster this time. If the group has too many casters, though, then I don't mind bringing in the brute(s). :D

Well, it's Arhosa. At least half of the designed classes are casters, and if you count Martial Fusillades, the only class without some form of casting is the Savage. And he has massively boosted combat stats and an ability to have a truly stupid HP total. Casters are good. :D

I'm still waiting to see what everybody else plays also.   :p

If there's something you really want, go for it!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »
I want to play a couple of things.

But not a Martyr. :p

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
Ah, so you'll be a ritual warrior?  :beathorse

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 10:14:56 PM »
Or perhaps not a Ritual User at all.   :P

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
As a slight warning to everyone, I'm planning at least a little political intrigue and skulduggery for this campaign. It is set in the greatest city in Arhosa, after all. Even if it isn't floating.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 12:07:14 AM »
I don't mind. I've come to expect it.  :)

Also, I suppose I'll put a lock on Necromant,  then, though I usually like to see a class before making such decisions. You're just lucky the Necros are so intriguing. :P

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
Just be warned that your class will almost certainly be under active development as the campaign begins. Which means you'll be rebuilding your char sheet every now and then.  :eh

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
I'll lock in as one of the Songspell classes, then.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
So we've got a Spellsinger, a Necromant, and either a totem master or ecclesiast, unless SDK is planning on changing. So, Nanshork, should give you an idea of what to play.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
Just be warned that your class will almost certainly be under active development as the campaign begins. Which means you'll be rebuilding your char sheet every now and then.  :eh

I'm used to rebuilding my character sheets every so often. :D

That said,  as we're starting at level 1, I imagine it won't be much of a problem.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

I'm used to rebuilding my character sheets every so often. :D

That said,  as we're starting at level 1, I imagine it won't be much of a problem.
That's right. Any reason why the Arhosa campaigns / adventure paths are all starting at level 1?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
Because I don't like higher levels, and it's easier to DM lower levels :P

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
Looking at a Human Totem Master. The closest race (Yn Gyntaf) has a wisdom penalty. Plus, it's hard to beat an extra tribal feat. Wildshape rules are as PHB+errata?
Hmm.