Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46449 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »
Vail stood slightly back from the others as they began arguing, glad that he was not at the center of the conflict this time. As they spoke, though, it occurred to him that he had something relevant to say and after hesitating a few moments, he spoke up.

"I have the ability to impede the movement of enemies in a small area. If we end up being attacked by more than we can handle, I can slow them down so we can escape."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:51 AM »
"That's real nice of you there, buddy. Hell, I know I wouldn' be jumpin' in front of no pack of animals for any of you." Cashile winks at Vail, and chuckles.

He turns back to Hopkins, "Sorry, lieu-y. Go on."
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
Bartok withdraws from the banter, watching the others. 

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
Cashile's eyes are narrowed thoughtfully as he stares out at the forest in front of him, like he can see what's beyond the treeline. "Hopkins, I've been ponderin' your words from earlier. What surprises have these lil critters got in store for us?" He turns back to the lieutenant, "You said summin' about mutations having surprises in their guts?"

I've seen some able to shoot beams from their mandibles. I've seen some able to spit lesser versions of themselves. I've seen some simply vanish in thin air. I've seen some able to recover from grievous wounds almost instantly. But it's never the same mutation twice in a row. Always something we didn't expect them to be able to do.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
I've seen some able to shoot beams from their mandibles. I've seen some able to spit lesser versions of themselves. I've seen some simply vanish in thin air. I've seen some able to recover from grievous wounds almost instantly. But it's never the same mutation twice in a row. Always something we didn't expect them to be able to do.

Cashile grins and takes a single step towards the jungle. His body, at ease before, now seems to be filled with energy. He begins to stare intently at the treeline again.
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
Shatterscale, meanwhile, was trying to figure out just what would be an appropriate response to invisibility.

"...Did anyone pack some paint? We can use that to track invisible ones.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Bartok looks at Shatterscale, jaw slightly agape.  "...why would anybody pack paint on a combat mission?"

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
"I dunno. Maybe to deal with invisible targets? All mine got confiscated with the explosives, apparently they thought I was going to use it to make more. I'm sure I can come up with something though. A bag of flour, maybe."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
"You seem to forget the scale you're dealing with. 'Painting' a target like that would cost enough flour to live on for months."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
"Wait, what? Obviously not for those. For those we just need to make them bleed. I'm talking about once we get into the factory."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
"Given that the Illustrious is in need of a new coat of paint, I do not think there is any on board, though we are still taking stock of some miscellaneous supplies. So far, all that I know has been catalogued is food and laundry," the captain said, unfortunately not expecting to find any paint--though, if she did, that would be enough for even large enemies. "Even one bucket should be enough to highlight large-scale enemies, though."

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
Bagra, with his arms crossed, chuckles.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
"At my last deployment the quartermaster had this crate of experimental gew gaws he scrounged from gods know where. There were a couple packets of stuff, that said they let you see invisible creatures. I pocketed some when I left and I've still got them."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
As you enter Forest IV, you enjoy almost half an hour of quiet travel. The terrain starts geting somewhat more rough, with several rocky hills dotting the landscape.

Then you spot them in the horizon...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »
7 to 8. Antares liked those odds. Swarm tactics should be a little less effective if they managed to down a couple of enemies in the opening salvo.

"Everyone, I suggest we share targetting system data so we don't end up focusing unnecessary fire. Stay close to the Illustrious to prevent swarming tactics."

With that said, Antares deployed, sticking close to the ship as per his own recommendation, waiting for the enemy to move first.

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
"Copy, Antares. I'll take point, my defensive systems should hold up to these overgrown gnats."

Vail grinned as he activated the launch sequence. A soldier's life had its downsides but he couldn't deny combat was a rush.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:04:58 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
Shatterscale sat in the cockpit of SimoLeon, double checking the systems before launch.

"Nacht System activated. Preparing for launch- heading for nearby cover to flank as needed."

With a mighty FWOOOOSH, the mech launched and headed to the nearest hill for cover.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:54:47 AM by Clanjos »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »
As his Gespent deploys, Bartok makes his own analysis of the situation.  Flying down to join Vail on point he prepares to shoot any buzzer that gets close.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
On the bridge of the Illustrious, Alexia was leaning against a table, gazing at the screens displaying the surrounding forest and the monstrous creatures ahead of them. Very well; if they were going to come to them, her ship would stay here and wait.

"Charge the main cannon," she commanded, standing up straight and folding her arms, "Blast them if they get close."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »
"Finally some action!"

Bagra launches and join the front line, getting ready for the fight.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."