Author Topic: Mutterings Beyond The Gate [OOC]  (Read 26008 times)

Offline dman

• View Profile
Re: Mutterings Beyond The Gate [OOC]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
I took minor auras to motivate every base stat, so we can get +5 to all skill/ability checks related to one stat at any given time. I think I'm going with the major aura that gives a +1 insight bonus to attack/skill/ability check of your choice once per round.

We are all skill monkeys!
If we aid another on checks there's very little that we can't achieve together.  ;)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
I took minor auras to motivate every base stat, so we can get +5 to all skill/ability checks related to one stat at any given time. I think I'm going with the major aura that gives a +1 insight bonus to attack/skill/ability check of your choice once per round.

If we aid another on checks there's very little that we can't achieve together.  ;)

Back to the Guisarme it is. So, I have 37 gp, 7sp spare. Thoughts on use?

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2017, 10:56:59 AM »

SEMAPHORE FLAGS
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2017, 11:01:23 AM »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »

SEMAPHORE FLAGS

What is up with you and Semaphore?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
On languages that aren't Semaphore: are there any races that the Irim Dwegsho-in-exile trade with more than others?  Are there any that are interested in technology more than normal (just from a fluff perspective)?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 11:56:38 AM »

He's broken.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »

He's broken.
Nah, just running with the joke.

I MEAN, UM... I'M TRYING TO FIND WAYS TO MAKE NANS'S LANGUAGE CHOICE USEFUL.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »
 :P

My character is done once I do languages, gear, and backstory.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 12:03:37 AM »

Invest in real estate!  Or perhaps a spare weapon.  I have always wanted to try bolas for coolness reasons.  I hear dates are tasty and good for killing monkeys. A mule is only 8gp which is worth it even if we can't raise an army of war-trained peace horrid magebred warbeast celestial half-dragon half-minotaur feral raging barbarian mules.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, so my internet access may be limited. I won't really know until I get there.

Edit: Never mind. Travel plans got cancelled.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:50:43 PM by Garryl »

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »
Everyone has really great characters! As a party do we want to talk about tactics?

Do we need a meet up story first?

I'm new to PBP and would appreciate any tips. 

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
On languages that aren't Semaphore: are there any races that the Irim Dwegsho-in-exile trade with more than others?  Are there any that are interested in technology more than normal (just from a fluff perspective)?

This question hasn't been answered with anything that doesn't involve Semaphore.  :p

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »

This question hasn't been answered with anything that doesn't involve Semaphore.  :p

A number of lanius, Urtragian, and Zebesian communities within the Dwegsho reverted to old habits/cultural norms during/after the exile. A lot of lanius went wandering/scavenging, while several groups of space pirates took to land and sea piracy, banditry, organized crime, and other criminal activities.

Most of the Phrygisians weren't actually part of the Irim Dwegsho when it was conquered by Vanda. Most of the communities that arrived with the Irit refugees were themselves refugees displaced by Vanda's conquering on other fronts. Consequently, they have weaker ties to the Irim Dwegsho-in-exile, and tended to spread out more. Many of them wound up as travellers and traders as the new Phrygisian communities spread.

During the Irim Dwegsho's height, engi and zoltan cultures placed a greater emphasis on higher education that many other cultures within the Dwegsho. Although that has waned somewhat, in no small part due to the entire infrastructure of education being blasted back by at least centuries due to the exile, the cultural emphasis is still there. Consequently, engi and zoltan tend to be the most represented in the higher technological fields.

There are other, nebulously defined races in the Irim Dwegsho-in-exile, but since that's all the ones that have been statted up, assume the rest are your background alien races that will never come up except as extras and the occasional guest star on an episode, who primarily serve to make a scene look more diverse and to ensure the makeup department doesn't get bored.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
I meant "normal" races that they interact with.  My character is all about the technology, so if anyone in particular really likes trading with the Imim Dwegsho or has tried to develop technology for themselves I'd pick their languages.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2017, 10:52:33 PM »
Oh. Nobody in particular more than others. There was a fair bit of interest a couple centuries ago from the drow, but their societal withdrawal means that interaction is solely in the past. There were a few groups working on it from Antares, mostly in Menthyl Vare and Iber, but the recent war also put a damper on that.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »
Don't worry, your explanation helps me with some backstory.

I can work with that.  Languages picked, although they might never come up.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Everyone has really great characters! As a party do we want to talk about tactics?

Garryl gave us one. We're really just waiting on sheets to be ready to start negotiating, I think.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »

Garryl gave us one. We're really just waiting on sheets to be ready to start negotiating, I think.

Yep. Just waiting on FITS and Nanshork to finish up. I'm going to throw up the IC thread now, though, give you a chance to chat and get into character before anything happens.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:27:52 PM by Garryl »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
Sorry, got food poisoning yesterday and am not sure what to do about gear.