Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130688 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
I figure that having one single thread will make those of us who care about kickstarters notice what other people are interested in so I figured I'd make this thread.

If you have something you want to share, feel free to post it here.  I have a habit of rummaging through Kickstarter every couple of weeks so as long as I can remember that i made this thread in the first place I'll probably keep posting to it.

Lord of the Fries (Funding ends April 3rd) - Fun quick card game about being in a zombie working in a restaurant.  The more money they get, the more restaurants get unlocked.  Each restaurant is it's own deck (and has to be paid for separately) but they'll be adding rules to combine decks to add more players.

Even if you don't want this game, check out the company.  Their website has a lot of print-and-play games for free (including games you can actually buy copies of). 

Mistfall (Funding ends April 2nd) - Coop adventure game for 1-4 players.  It's a pretty cool looking deck-building game.  Hard for me to explain better than just reading the kickstarter would be.  Check it out.

Sea Monster Jamboree Print (Funding ends April 18th) - This guy makes weird art (and bandanas, and plates).  I like it.

The Gentleman's Single-Use Monocle (Funding ends April 15th) - I think the title pretty much says everything, except ladies can use it too.

And an Indiegogo campaign for kicks

George Takei's Legacy Project (Funding ends May 20th) - This one's all political and whatnot, deal with it.  To sum it up, this is to fund a Broadway musical which in turn will be a perpetual source of funding for the Japanese American National Museum. 

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:32:30 PM »
Cubit (Funding ends May 6) - Cubes of metal.  Yes, I think this is cool.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
Arclighter (Funding ends April 26) - Light things on fire using electricity!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
SnapPower Charger (Funding ends May 15) - Wall outlet covers with an integrated usb port and doesn't require any additional wiring.

Offline Slaughterhouserock

• Hail to the king, baby.
    • View Profile
    • Horror Movie Fans
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:37:28 PM »
Tales of Alethrion - From the makers of The Reward, comes new tales from the world of Alethrion.  If you haven't seen The Reward, do yourself a favor and check it out.  And while you're at it, watch the first of what hopefully becomes a full series The First Hero.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
Tales of Alethrion - From the makers of The Reward, comes new tales from the world of Alethrion.  If you haven't seen The Reward, do yourself a favor and check it out.  And while you're at it, watch the first of what hopefully becomes a full series The First Hero.

I've seen The Reward, I'll have to check this out!

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night fans, assemble!

Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »
Raspberry Nightingales (Funding Ends June 1st) - An art kickstarter, I've got some of this guys stuff.  It's very hit or miss with me though.

There are also kickstarters for a Crysis Board Game and a Fast & Furious Board Game.  I'm not sure what to think about that...

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »
Calamityware dinner plate 6 (Funding Ends June 30th) - Cool porcelain plates.  Take a look!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Another indiegogo campaign for lovers of horror books

The Ever-Expanding Grab Bag by Dark Regions Press (Funding ends June 10) - Get a bunch of horror books.  There are random books and then guaranteed specific books.  The more stretch goals are unlocked the more books get added to the grab bag.  Even meeting the goal adds a book.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »
Adventure Deck System: Luminosity (Funding ends July 23) - A tactical RPG/Deck Building hybrid game.  Looks interesting and has a low entry cost.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »
Reaper Miniatures Bones 3 (Funding ends July 25) - The third kickstarter for the reaper bones line of miniatures.  Get lots of minis for $100 plus shipping, or just get cheap add-on sets.  I kickstarted the first two these are good quality minis.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 03:24:06 AM »
Reaper Miniatures Bones 3 (Funding ends July 25) - The third kickstarter for the reaper bones line of miniatures.  Get lots of minis for $100 plus shipping, or just get cheap add-on sets.  I kickstarted the first two these are good quality minis.

Bump for visibility.  3 days left!
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »
I'm still on the fence about pledging since I'm between jobs....  The Cthulhu mythos expansion set is tempting me though.

Reboot the Suit: Bring Back Neil Armstrong’s Spacesuit (Funding ends August 19) - The first kickstarter by the Smithsonian Museum; "A chance for citizens of Earth to conserve, digitize, and display Neil Armstrong's Apollo 11 spacesuit for explorers everywhere." 

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
I'm still on the fence about pledging since I'm between jobs....  The Cthulhu mythos expansion set is tempting me though.

The Mythos expansion is the one I'm not buying  :lmao
I'm really only interested in the cultists and maybe one or two of the explorers.  I don't really care about the monsters. 

I saw some leaked pictures of a 5 headed dragon thing that an interview with Reaper Brian confirmed was going to be a stretch goal, but hasn't even been announced yet.  Still holding out hope!
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »

The Mythos expansion is the one I'm not buying  :lmao
I'm really only interested in the cultists and maybe one or two of the explorers.  I don't really care about the monsters. 

I saw some leaked pictures of a 5 headed dragon thing that an interview with Reaper Brian confirmed was going to be a stretch goal, but hasn't even been announced yet.  Still holding out hope!

I want the explorer's and the obelisk.  I have enough fantasy people, I want miniatures for other occasions that I'll never use.

Goremaw is just awesome looking but I know I won't get it.

I have to say, I'm kind of eh on the five headed dragon.  Too big and pricey.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
This one is different from what I normally post.

A friend of mine's car broke down on the side of a highway, she's living in the spare room of some friend's of hers and has been for awhile.  She supports her 19 year old daughter but had to send the daughter to live with friend's because of some serious problems with where my friend is living. To quote her, "We have no public transportation in La Vernia. I work in San Antonio. Carpooling is not an option as I do not work a 8-5 schedule. I need a vehicle to get to work and in case of an emergency. I am a type one diabetic. Madison has epilepsy and though she is staying with friends currently, if there was a health emergency I would need a vehicle to get to her. The only other vehicle here is not mine and I would surely be pulled over due to it only having one headlight and expired tags. I do drive through four small cities to get to my office and I drive home at night. I know my luck- I would be hit with a ticket in all four towns and I would be responsible for paying these tickets."

If you have any spare money laying around she could really use the help.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 12:42:49 PM »
Snotbot: Help fund critical whale research with drones (Funding ends August 25th) - Patrick Stewart wants you to help fund a new less invasive way to perform whale research.  With snot.  Check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »
Dungeons On Demand: Volume 2 (Funding ends August 20th) - I'm late in finding this one.  It's a bunch of prepared 5th edition dungeons that you can drop into your game without being part of an established campaign.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Funding ends September 30th) - I kickstarted the first one and played it.  It's a good game.  More importantly, it's a good game company.  They're coming out with an enhanced edition to the first one and everyone who owns it gets a free upgrade.  This kickstarter also includes alpha and beta access for everyone and they're very good at listening to their player base.