Author Topic: [3.P] Samsaran (Mystic Past Lives) Beguiler Spell selection  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ClayQ

• Shhh, I'm hiding.
    • View Profile
[3.P] Samsaran (Mystic Past Lives) Beguiler Spell selection
« on: April 01, 2019, 05:16:36 AM »
Starting up the Skulls and Shackles Adventure path with my group, in a Pathfinder based 3.P game, most WoTC 3.5e is usable with DM permission. Starting level 1.

My shipmates currently include:
Dragon blooded Lizardfolk DFI Dervish of the Dawn Bard
Sylph Stormcaller Druid

20 Point Buy. Not sure if I'm going with 18 or 20 Int at level one (likely the 18 unless that 6th spell is super good)

Looking for suggestions on what spells to add, I had considered flight and/or water breathing but the druid should honestly have the latter covered. Seeing as these don't have to be beguiler advanced learning able, options like spellsurge cheese or simply limited wish for later levels come to mind, but i'm at a huge loss for mid to low level utility to add or even just plain good if we don't go cheese route.

Something Funny?

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.P] Samsaran (Mystic Past Lives) Beguiler Spell selection
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 02:48:50 AM »
Contingency?

Some method of teleportation would be nice, but Belt of the Wide Earth (Magic Item Compendium) lets you do that without blowing a precious slot (assuming you get the MIC rule that adding ability score boosts to an item doesn't raise the cost or you can grab gloves of dexterity instead of the belt). Flickering Step feat from Planar Adventures is a nice feat that takes care of tactical level teleport.

If you aren't set on any particular type of wizard as your past incarnation, consider Wood Wizard for Sirocco as a level 4 spell. It's good as a 6th level spells and awesome as a 4th. No save fatigue paired with a chance to knock everyone within the area prone, even flying creatures, with some fire damage as gravvy.