Author Topic: Board policies regarding new forum sections?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
  • I break Basket Weavers.
    • View Profile
Board policies regarding new forum sections?
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
This is something I am curious about because I have a fair bit of material to release. I am not going to release it yet, and probably won't for a while. But as at least one person has their own forum section because they release a high volume of their own content I do have to ask what the policies are for adding new forum sections.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Board policies regarding new forum sections?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
Well, it has to be something that could be considered a project in itself. None of these sub-boards should contain multiple unrelated things. (bhu's are taking some time to organise because of the sheer quantity)

If possible you should have some work to show for the project before you make the request - it doesn't have to be hosted here, it's just to prove that you're not going to clutter the list with an empty "I should do this someday" board. In any case, once the board is up you can get existing threads moved there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:26:36 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
Well, it has to be something that could be considered a project in itself. None of these sub-boards should contain multiple unrelated things. (bhu's are taking some time to organise because of the sheer quantity)

If possible you should have some work to show for the project before you make the request - it doesn't have to be hosted here, it's just to prove that you're not going to clutter the list with an empty "I should do this someday" board. In any case, once the board is up you can get existing threads moved there.

The project is to almost completely rewrite the encounters within a specific module. A rather long one. I anticipate this will involve dozens of pages of writing at the least. Approximately 35% of it is already done. However as I am currently running a group through said module, I am understandably reluctant to release early.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
Awww, come on.  :D
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »
Awww, come on.  :D

Boot to da head. *kick*

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
I'm raising this because I have another question. Assuming I do get such a section, how fast would I have to fill it? The stuff would already be written at that time, but it'd be written in shorthand so I'd have to write it all out, explain what it's about and so forth and that'd still take a fair bit of time.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
If its a few items initially, it would be better to post them in general homebrew first, until you have enough items(at least 6 or so), then the threads can all be dragged into the new area as its setup.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
If its a few items initially, it would be better to post them in general homebrew first, until you have enough items(at least 6 or so), then the threads can all be dragged into the new area as its setup.

What I meant is that there are a few dozen entries in total, but it'd take a while to make them all, especially since it isn't the only thing I'm doing. As it is a LOT of writing, I'd like to know in advance if there is going to be some manner of time limit.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »
Not really, you could make a working post, and again, get the board after the fact. Their purpose is mostly to group very large collections of content, the existing ones after all, occupying easily a third of the Homebrew boards in their own right(more even, in some cases) before the split.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.