Handbooks & Resources > Handbook Discussion

Handbook of the Exotic Practice of Feat Binding Discussion thread

(1/15) > >>

nijineko:
Please make suggestions for additions. Thank you.

Handbook

kitep:
Thanks for putting this together.

These additions are from a list I got a long, long time ago, from someone named "Thugsb"

Blind-Fight (Corsair's Eyepatch, 3k, MIC) "grants you the benefit of the Blind-Fight feat for 1 min." Usable 3/day, Swift (also grants See Invisibility).

Bracers of the Blinding Strike: Bracers of armor +6; gain Improved Initiative feat, extra attack as if using a speed weapon 102,000 (Magic of Faerûn)
- since you draw a distinction, these give the "benefits" but not the feat. (MOF, pg155)

Maximize Spell on Conjuration(Healing) only - Armband of Maximized Healing, 1/dy, 7200gp, MOF, pg152
Maximize Spell on Healing spell - Armband of Maximized Healing, 3/dy, 7200gp, MIC-72, on healing spells of 6th level or lower

Run (Panther Mask (Gharyn's Monastic Array), 2,700, MIC-201) "provides you the benefits of the Run feat" - also gain +5' land speed in light or no armor (Dash feat?)

Track (Mask of the Tiger (Garb of the Hunting Cat), 4000, MIC-200) "grants you the benefits of the Track feat".  Also gain low-light vision.

Extra Music (Songblade, 6,400gp, CAdv-130) Only when wielded and only 1 extra bardic music/day (benefit, not feat)

Extra Spell (Pearl of Power, Lvl*Lvl*1,000, DMG) - benefit, not feat
Extra Slot (Memento Magicka, Lvl*Lvl*1,500, MIC-164) - benefit, not feat

Extra Turning (Nightstick, 7,500, Libris Mortis-78) - lets you turn/rebuke 4 more times per day (benefit, not feat)
Extra Turning (Reliquary Holy Symbol, 1000, MIC-120) Number of extra turn attempts given varies

Improved Sunder (Dragonfang Gauntlets, 8,610gp, MIC-95) 3 attacks/day

Metamagic — Reach Spell; Rod (MIC-165); 3 uses/day, cost varies

Metamagic Spell Trigger (Metamagic Wandgrip, 6000, CM)

Quickdraw (Eager weapon enhancement, +1 bonus, MIC-34)
Quickdraw (Crystal of Return (least), 300gp, MIC-65)
Sudden Extend (Aquamarine of Spell Extending, 3,700gp, PGtF)
Track and Scent (Headband of Pursuit, 15k, Secrets of Sarlona)
Uncanny Dodge (Warning Weapon, +1, MoF) - this is in my list of items that grant feats, but I think uncanny dodge is a class ability, not a feat.
Whirlwind Attack (Whirling weapon enhancement, +1, MIC-46) 3/day

Any Fighter Feat (Eternal/Wand of Heroics, 4420gp/4500gp, MIC) Either 2/day (so 60mins) or 50 charges - this is in my list of items that grant feats, but it should probably go under "spells"

kitep:
A&EG, pg 139, lists some costs for adding things to intelligent items

* Combat Reflexes - +10,000gp
* Blind-fight - +10,000gp
* Improved Initiative - +10,000gp
* Mobility - +10,000gp
* Sunder - +10,000gp
* Expertise - +10,000gp

Garryl:
All or almost all of the Bite of the Were-Whatever spells grant feats.

Mirror Move is a 3.0 spell (from a web enhancement, I think) that gives multiple Fighter feats (as long as you can watch someone who already has them). Similarly, the Feat Leech power lets you steal someone else's psionic feats.

kitep:
Just saw this in another thread

A feycraft light weapon lets you use DEX instead of STR just as if you has Weapon Finesse.  Not even magical, just a special property. (DMG2, pg275)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version