Author Topic: OOC Discussion  (Read 144730 times)

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Discussion
« Reply #640 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »
I don't know what Kheldar did to deserve it but even his real persona, including me, just seems to love bashing on him.... bartrash?? whats next Kheldar? Gonna be a wagon bunny?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 14, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
Hey SDK, I just noticed you scrubbed your whole post... I was just pointing out you said Shiki and not Snowy, not that your actions in general were bad... :(
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 14, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Sorrel will tie up the thugs, and/or aid Alvin's attempts to do so, unless someone more competent comes along to take the lead. I somehow have it in my head that you can't take 10 on Aid Another checks, and since you don't actually make the Use Rope check to bind someone (at a +10 bonus, which makes perfect sense when you expect people to take 20 on the Escape Artist to get out) until they actually try to escape, I'm just not going to roll anything for now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 14, 2013, 08:12:18 PM »
Should I roll Use Rope now or wait until they try to escape (unless they're trying now but that'd be impressive considering they're unconcious)?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 14, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
Should I roll Use Rope now or wait until they try to escape (unless they're trying now but that'd be impressive considering they're unconcious)?
THEIR BODIES REJECT YOUR ROPE SKILah never mind, don't worry about it right now.

Offline dipolartech

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 01, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
Do I need to add more to the conversation? Have we come to some sort of action to take?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 01, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
Are you guys waiting on me?

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 01, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Beats me. Finals are finally over (my last one, ever, as I graduate this term and get my BEng), so I have the time to get back into recreational activities again. Now I'm trying figure out what I was planning to do before the end of term got in the way, but I think I'm mostly just waiting on you to confirm that the thugs are stable and bound, and on everyone else in the party to do whatever it is they do.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:55 PM »
Beats me. Finals are finally over (my last one, ever, as I graduate this term and get my BEng), so I have the time to get back into recreational activities again. Now I'm trying figure out what I was planning to do before the end of term got in the way, but I think I'm mostly just waiting on you to confirm that the thugs are stable and bound, and on everyone else in the party to do whatever it is they do.
Thugs are stable and bound.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
Somebody with fewer scruples/ better luck/ a higher search modifier could try searching the thugs. Then we need to decide how we're handling the aftermath.

Offline dipolartech

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 02, 2013, 09:19:22 AM »
Well Kheldar is still drunk, so he'll have to follow the leader until we leave the scene....

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 02, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
Is Kheldar actually drunk? I got the impression he was just feigning it.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
I think he's dedicated enough to maintaining his cover that he doesn't want to drop character while there's still people around who might buy the drunk act.

Or possibly he actually is drunk.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #653 on: May 02, 2013, 10:13:45 AM »
Somebody with fewer scruples/ better luck/ a higher search modifier could try searching the thugs. Then we need to decide how we're handling the aftermath.

Nora'Luuu is rocking a four on that, so he'll pass on searching them. Unless by search you mean "Check to see if there's an ultra-rare Mewtwo card in their intestines" then I can search with my base attack bonus.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline dipolartech

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
So to clear up a bit "Kheldar" is a cover persona, and he is extremely drunk right now. Shaunt is the real character and he's hoping you guys will get in gear and get away from the scene.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
You guys are clearly helpless without me. Now, loot please :3
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4362.msg161174#msg161174
Hmm.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »
There are two things I'm thinking about now, although I don't know how to ask about them.
1) Is there anyone right outside waiting to ambush us?
2) Is there a safe place we can go to regroup?
Also, less urgent,
3) What were we planning on doing before we got interrupted by this attack?

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »
We were returning from Plot Cave with the Second MacGuffin when we ran across a scene. Ogre had killed knight (Sir Gef) and was eating Horseburger. Promptly killed Ogre. Twice. Cremated everything but the Knight because Things Won't Stay Dead(TM). Carried Knight to town, 'cause proper burial. Had planned on returning knight body to family but fast-tracked to the inn and since you don't drag corpses to Inns I assume someone (I volunteer Isaac) returned to the knight corpse to his family off-camera (unless we left him on the coat-rack, then we can do this now).

At Inn: We have two slabs that have a penchant for turning corpses into things that want to eat us and a mappy thingy that tells the general location of the others. We're collecting them so we can sell them on SeaBay for loads of coin. I think we were planning on deciding which to go for next but the following happened:

Met Alvin, friend of Sorrel. Met Drunk, friend of Ale. Ate food, friend of stomach. Met thieves...they really don't have friends. Killed thieves, because they ruined the mood. Looting thieves like good little adventurers.

Map: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=339.msg1538#msg1538

We're the top one and the Dead Scholar Guy with First MacGuffin came from the one to the east that has a line connected to ours...I forget the name. The rest are options. We could follow the lines or just go for the closest., if we still want to pursue MacGuffins.

At least, that's my sense of things.
Hmm.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »
I think we had taken on the macguffin hunt like good little adventurers, and as good adventurers, I say no shortcuts (not on speedrun mode right now :P) and go along the lines even if they're not important.

I dont remember details about what we did with the knight, though I assume we reported it to authorities.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2013, 11:17:14 PM »
I think we had taken on the macguffin hunt like good little adventurers, and as good adventurers, I say no shortcuts (not on speedrun mode right now :P) and go along the lines even if they're not important.

I dont remember details about what we did with the knight, though I assume we reported it to authorities.
Just putting in my 2cp DM style, you guys need not follow the order of the lines if you want. Or even the quest at all, if you'd rather set other goals.