Author Topic: Creating An Up-To-Date List of Pun-Pun's Best Abilities and (Nigh-)Infinities  (Read 123905 times)

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
Re: Creating An Up-To-Date List of Pun-Pun's Best Abilities and (Nigh-)Infinities
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »

With Aleph(0), it'd take infinite(Aleph(0)) time to reach the end.
With Aleph(0), it'd take aleph(0) time to get from 1 to 2, and reaching the end takes even longer than infinite.
We call that longer than infinite amount Aleph(1).

hmm ... Pun-pun has infinite actions, and can be on or create
a Time=0 plane like Far Realms and/or arcane Genesis.
maybe :???

The fluff/descriptive text d&d timeline includes a
beginning, but I don't recall any specific end time.
probably not  :???
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Creating An Up-To-Date List of Pun-Pun's Best Abilities and (Nigh-)Infinities
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
Pun-Pun can reach Aleph(1) relatively easily, using Body Outside Body.  Infinite Pun-Puns each doing infinite things = Aleph(1).
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
  • My personal text is impersonal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
I don't see anything in the rules preventing Pun-Pun from making a Belt of Strength +infinity, and giving that away to get infinite experience from the Arcane Generosity ability. Afterwards, Pun-Pun will need to rest for an infinite amount of time, of course, but that's easily handled by just making a fresh clone that doesn't have to.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
I don't see anything in the rules preventing Pun-Pun from making a Belt of Strength +infinity, and giving that away to get infinite experience from the Arcane Generosity ability. Afterwards, Pun-Pun will need to rest for an infinite amount of time, of course, but that's easily handled by just making a fresh clone that doesn't have to.
Pun-Pun doesn't have infinite experience to craft such an item in the first place?

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »
The fact that Pun-Pun can create anything ever with no limit thanks to hisher divine ranks.  So the question: if you spend no xp, but create an item that takes xp to craft, do you get no xp from this ability?
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »
Could we just Wish for such a belt?

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »
The fact that Pun-Pun can create anything ever with no limit thanks to hisher divine ranks.  So the question: if you spend no xp, but create an item that takes xp to craft, do you get no xp from this ability?
As far as I can tell, XP cost is a rules term, rather than a subjective term. For TO purposes, I believe that you do get the experience.

Edit: blah, stupid rules preventing Pun-Pun from level infinity (so far!)
Quote from: PHB page 58
A character can advance only one level at a time. If, for some extraordinary reason, a character’s XP reward from a single adventure would be enough to advance two or more levels at once, he or she instead advances one level and gains just enough XP to be 1 XP short of the next level.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:02:02 PM by Halinn »

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
How do we define "adventure"? If we could create some sort of infinitely chained Wish spell to produce an infinite number of such items simultaneously, it then becomes a matter of giving them all away infinitely quickly, each given away separately. I think they still have to be +Infinity items, though, to ensure you continue gaining XP.

Could we use Pun-Pun's infinite Int score and infinite skill checks in conjunction with Metamagic Effect to gain an infinite number of full-round actions with Twin Spell and Greater Celerity? Though I think that requires truly infinite spell slots or truly infinite maximum spell level, if it works at all. One could then use these infinite actions to cast infinite Wishes and then to transport each somewhere else, or cut directly to the chase and chain together infinite wishes with basically the same mechanism. Pun-pun could even complete entire adventures in an infinitely small amount of time, simplifying the need for separate adventures.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
Well, Pun-Pun has truly infinite spell slots thanks to truly infinite ability scores.

As for giving them away: Pun-Pun does have infinite followers.

As for separate adventures, the question becomes: does she have truly infinite number of actions (meaning infinite actions in a defined time)?  Otherwise I think this would require each giving to be counted as an adventure even though they are all being handed out simultaneously.  I don't think that would fly, so it has to be infinite actions.  I don't know how those spells and effect would work, so maybe GC would work?  I don't know.  Pun-Pun does have infinite spell slots, but does she have infinite spell levels?  I'm not sure how that would work, but as long as she has infinite feats she has infinite level spells (Improved Spell Capacity has no limitation on level, only on ability score).
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Halinn

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2012, 09:30:58 PM »
Only having nigh infinite feats means only having nigh infinite spell levels. Unless we can get a CL dependent amount of clones (whose xp gains would go towards the main body), I think this method is insufficient to get level infinity.

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
I think you need either infinite slots or infinite max level. If you have the former, you can simply cast an infinite number of twinned (once) GCs, each of which will provide you with 1 action with which to cast the next in the sequence, and the other of which is stored for use with your actual shenanigans. If you have the latter, you would cast a single GC that has been twinned an infinite number of times (if you can do that).

I've realized, though, that this only gets you to arbitrarily many actions (something we already had), since you still have to actually cast it. Could we do something with traps or something similarly automated?

EDIT: Wait, you can't use a full-round action to take a swift or immediate action, so you can't stack actions that way. Balls. You'd need a way of converting them into additional swift actions (some way of using a standard action to gain a turn attempt, plus Divine Impetus?)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:34:28 PM by Bauglir »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
Pun-Pun actually has infinite essentia capacity; the Incandescent Champion gets a class feature that let's them increase the essentia capacity of one of their essentia receptacles by their charisma.

Also, Pun-Pun has infinite turn-attempts; he doesn't need to be able to generate more.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:46:14 PM by Amechra »
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
So, could Pun-Pun create a magic trap that casts Greater Celerity on her in response to a command word, and two magic traps that cast Greater Celerity on her each time Greater Celerity is cast within some defined area? The first one sets off a cascade, and the other two each trigger each other (since they can't trigger themselves, I think, even with an instantaneous automatic reset).

I don't think Pun-Pun can ever terminate the turn she takes as a consequence, but she can jump forward by 1 round (via Timeless Step) each time she wants to advance time. Also, once she does this, she can splinter off clones who are not subject to the infinite turn, and who retain the infinite experience, etc.

EDIT: Hah, you're right. So she has infinitenigh-infinite swift actions, by Divine Impetus. SUBEDIT: Which I now realize is in the OP. Herp a derp.

EDIT: Drat, that's not an available trigger. We'll have to get a bit more Goldbergian - we need a trigger trap that casts mage hand on a lever, which triggers a trap that casts mage hand on a second lever that is the trigger for two traps (something we're never explicitly forbidden to do), the first of which casts Greater Celerity, and the second of which pulls the first lever again. The levers in question all have an instantaneous reset, and may be replaced by other triggers if you find infinitely-fast levers to be implausible.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:28:13 PM by Bauglir »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »
By the way, due to Psycarnum Infusion, Pun-Pun has infinite reach.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Bastian

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is playing a Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2012, 12:04:10 AM »
Pun-Pun actually has infinite essentia capacity; the Incandescent Champion gets a class feature that let's them increase the essentia capacity of one of their essentia receptacles by their charisma.

Also, Pun-Pun has infinite turn-attempts; he doesn't need to be able to generate more.
Pun-Pun does not have infinite essentia. All that ability does is make so that if he had infinite essentia, he could invest an infinite amount of it in an soulmeld/ability.

That would not create an infinite amount anyways, only a nigh-infinite amount.

Pun-Pun can reach Aleph(1) relatively easily, using Body Outside Body.  Infinite Pun-Puns each doing infinite things = Aleph(1).
Except each Pun-pun could only do a finite number of things. And no that wouldn't produce aleph(1) even if it did work, Aleph(1) is at minimum 2^infinity, not infinity squared (I made that mistake before as well).

Nice point about Body Outside Body, adding.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:12:32 AM by Bastian »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2012, 12:30:05 AM »
A fun thing.  Pun-Pun can use his infinite CL to cast Stone Metamorphosis (Und) on the entirety of the Plane of Earth.  Whee!

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »
Wouldn't all the Pun-pun Clones share his desire to get to infinity?
Kill the infinite # of almost Infinite almost Puns.

Essentia ... hmm ... the prc Incarnate Champ has a +Cha mod
to the amount of ~essentia it can invest for 1 round , 1/day.
Pun-puns Cha mod is infinite, right.
Pull more uses of the ability from flowing time / time travel.
Maybe combine with Psycarnum Infusion.

Necrocarnate gets X essentia for the # of dead things,
and Pun's got the slightly faster version.  Couldn't he
just make a small universe over "there" and kill everything
then yank all the essentia over?
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Bastian

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is playing a Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
So Pun-pun can create an intelligent magic item that has his abilities using Nybor's Psychic Imprint. However, I can't seem to find anyway to link intelligent item abilities scores with price so this may not help much. If anyone can find anything, please tell me.

On an unrelated note, I have managed to achieve an infinite number of non-gimped bodies, based off an extension of the Body Outside Body trick (see the spoiler below the listing in the OP for more details).

Edit:
By the way, due to Psycarnum Infusion
I've got to go but I'll definitely look into that during the weekend (it sounds promising).
edit2: Added
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:40:54 PM by Bastian »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2012, 03:59:34 PM »
Derp.  Infinite essentia via Reserves of Strength Soul Boon.

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »
So about the Celerity engine... is that only nigh-infinite, as well? I'm not really up on this whole infinity thing, but it seems like it has to fire off an infinite number of instances of the spell in any finite period of time. If I did it right, it's the equivalent of telling a computer that takes no time to perform a calculation to execute an infinite loop.