Author Topic: There is no Honor  (Read 37639 times)

Offline littha

• Honorary Mod
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
There is no Honor
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
Each of you recieve a letter

Having made your ways to the eastern section of the Merchant District you are greated with the sight of the manor itself.
The seven foot high stone wall that surrounds the estate is impossible to miss, as is the towering, Gothic, three story house that dominates the grounds within. Leering gargoyles and capering nymphs festoon the eaves of the manor's roof and several trees give the manor grounds a nice buffer from the bustle of the city. The front gates have obviously been left open for you but nobody is here to greet you.

There are some unusual characters who seem to have arrived at around the same time as yourself.
(introduce yourselves plus descriptions please)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: There is no Honor
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
Standing tall and handsome, equipped in well-made but serviceable chain and wielding a polearm polished to gleaming, Stellan Trout bears the Unicorn symbol of House Orien upon his breast.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Adorned with dark leather armor, the Castor Vondrak walks forward toward the gate. His left hand held his spear much like a walking staff,  while a wrist sheath held a dagger within easy reach. But it wasn't the obvious weapons that gave him the wicked gleam of chaotic assurance that lays behind the smoked glass lenses of his goggles.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:30:21 AM by geniussavant »
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
"Well, it's about time." Jack yawns as he catches sight of the assembled group. The rustling of metal chains makes itself known beneath the cloak and loose tunic that he wears as he walks up to the gate. "Am I to assume that you are all to meet Lady Vanderboren as well?"
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Sohala

• A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
As the ship eased up to the dock, Kosj-Gix took hefted up her pack. As she neared the gangplank, the crew parted and kept its distance as she left the ship, for which the captain chuckled to himself about. It had been an amusing trip with that one on board. She is a lovely package full of fight, his first mate was still recovering from his ‘accident’ from a few a days ago, and many others of the crew had already experienced theirs. “I may come to miss her,” Mused the captain, before shouting, “Get that cargo unloaded you worthless whelps!”

Kosj made her way thru the bustling marketplace with shoves, glares and growls, “Why are cities always this cramped, and the smell, yuck, it is like none of them ever bathe.” Just as the press was becoming intolerable, the crowd started to thin, she had finally made it thru the market; thanks be to the Cerulean one. Turning a corner she collided with a human in a hurry, “Hey!” While attempting to get back to his feet the human managed to start a reply, “Pardon the haste, I must deliver this letter imme-“ He stopped midsentence, looked Kosj up and down, “I thought you were in a hurry, quit your gawking.” Gathering his wits the human stammered his response, “Are you Kosj-Gix, if so, it was to you I was to deliver this to.” He holds out a sealed letter. “Give it here.” Snatching the letter from the man’s hands, she broke the seal and started to look it over. “Is this the first stone she spoke of?” Thought Kosj before turning back to courier, “Tell Lavinia, that I will come.” With that the man quickly hurried away. “Now… where can I get a good night of rest?” She mumbled to herself as she walked deeper into the city.

Standing outside the gate is a half elf dressed as someone you might find in the wilder parts of the world, clothes made out of pieced together hide, covering the bulk of her body while leaving legs and arms bare. The bulge of armor about her torso, boots wrapped to her feet, spear strapped to her back. The only objects of quality a person could say they see on her are the metal bracers bound to her wrist and cloak hung about her shoulders; being a single piece of hide from some great beast, a hood is attached to it and the whole thing is trimmed with short fur. Her skin is tanned as someone who has lived outdoors all their life. Her hair is pitch black, straight and hangs only to her shoulders. Her stance gives the impression of someone who has known combat. She appears annoyed as she looks over the group.

With an accent that betrayed she was not comfortable speaking in Common, the half elf said, “If this Lady is Lavinia, then yes, that is why I am here.”
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:44:21 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
Following Castor is a Warforged that appears to be both larger and...rougher than is the norm.  He isn't rough as in tough looking, though he is that, but more in the not fully formed sense.  He resembles nothing more than a more primeval warforged, one who was not created with the purpose of fitting into a civilized society.  He wields what could loosely be categorized as an axe.  It is a large, almost full cresent blade attached to the end of a pole, and addorned with a few spikes and saw-teeth. 

He keeps a wary eye on his companions at the gate, exempting Castor himself, and ignores the slight conversation around him.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
Jack smiles charmingly at the warrior in front font of him. "Well, then it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?"

Offline Sohala

• A hammer is all I need.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
Remembering to state her name in the mainland way, "Gix, Kosj Gix," She replied, trying to at least sound polite.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5 Base] Mana Mage

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
Castor stays back from the group and slides his spear into his satchel, confident that he wouldn't need it with Spike at his back. He forms a bit of eldritch energy between the tips of his fingers and lets the energy jump from tip to tip, a small bit of green flickered purple flame twitching back and forth.  It calmed him to feel the chaotic energy dance across his hand. He held his hand at his side, not in an attempt to hide it, but to keep it from being overly distracting.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:29 AM »
"Well, Gix Kosj Gix, I am Jack Wellesley," Jack says, bowing politely to the shorter woman. "A skald of sorts. I haven't had a chance to make my own path in the world, but this job looks like it might be a promising start, don't you think?"

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »
A harassed-looking Shifter in wooden armor crudely carved with odd symbols walked up to the area in front of the gate where the others were standing.  His eyes seemed like they weren't entirely connected as he looked at everyone there, making particular note of the man with his hand on fire.  He then turned his attention to the open gates and tapped his foot in anticipation.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
Stellan looks around at all the unsavoury folk and sighs in resignation.  Why couldn't he have chosen somewhere less... filthy? 

"It seems you have all arrived for the same reason as I.  I am Stellan Trout, agent of the Transportation Guild."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »
"Castor, you may call me." introduced the man. The energy at his fingertips flaring, before disappearing.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
As if in response to Castor's introduction, the warforged finally introduces himself as well.  Not looking at anyone specifically it says, "...Spike."  It says this in the manner of one making a general observation instead of one introducing oneself.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
Having heard more introductions, Zane decided he might as well say something.  "I be Zane."

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
Jack gives Zane a strange look for not conjugating the verb " to be" correctly.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Zane gives Jack a likewise strange look, made stranger by his murky eyes.  "You got a problem with mah accent, mon?"

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
"You seem to have somehow mixed three geographically distinct accents into your speech. That's quite an accomplishment."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »
"I come from Traglorn Isle, and dis is how we normally talk.  If ya don't mind, I'd like it if ya quit nickpickin' about it."

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
Jack shrugs and does not believe a word of what the man with a ridiculously unconvincing fake accent says.