Author Topic: Southpaw OOC  (Read 45536 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Southpaw OOC
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »
Vapid Leaf Extract Poison (Arms & Equpiment Guide pg37) has an initial damage of "Dazed (euphoric)." What is the duration on this effect? The book mentions that an initial damage of "paralysis" lasts 2d6 minutes unless stated otherwise but it doesn't mention the daze effect at all.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
Umm, guys...  I think I wanna change classes.  I just saw sirp's partial entry into the latest GitP Base Class Contest: Astronomer, and even though it's incomplete, it looks AWESOME!!!!  :love  So,  now I'm thinking Astronomer//Ritualist.  Does anyone have a problem with that, because I can still do Thaumurai//Ritualist if you'd prefer...

And, sirp... finish that real quick!   :thumb

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »
Vapid Leaf Extract Poison (Arms & Equpiment Guide pg37) has an initial damage of "Dazed (euphoric)." What is the duration on this effect? The book mentions that an initial damage of "paralysis" lasts 2d6 minutes unless stated otherwise but it doesn't mention the daze effect at all.
1 round daze.

Umm, guys...  I think I wanna change classes.  I just saw sirp's partial entry into the latest GitP Base Class Contest: Astronomer, and even though it's incomplete, it looks AWESOME!!!!  :love  So,  now I'm thinking Astronomer//Ritualist.  Does anyone have a problem with that, because I can still do Thaumurai//Ritualist if you'd prefer...

Lol.  I'm glad you like it!  I'm working on it.  :D
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. That class is seriously badass and would synergy nicely with both Ritualist and the rest of the party.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 06:25:52 PM »
I agree as well, even though I am a "as long you aren't a dick, play whatever you fancy" kind of guy : why should I have a say on what you want to play ? :)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
There was a bit of discussion back on the Legend boards about FitS's character and what would fit best and not step on anyone's toes. Astronomer seems pretty much perfect, though (will have to see what the phenomena look like but the class currently looks casterish which is ideal.) The flavor is totally awesome. Couldn't concieve of a more appropriate "science" class.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »
Thanks, guys!  I had the idea immediately upon seeing the contest, and I think it's turning out rather well.

Offline samnemath

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
Ok, my character is nearly finished. She has no magical items yet (except a +2 int and +2 dex) and the maneuvers are not final. If anyone wants to look through it, I am open to any optimization advice you might have.

Her main role is ranged DPS. She can do a little BFC but not much, something that will hopefully change in a couple of levels.

Main Tactics:
- Use upgrades to boost Dex (+4), take Martial Study [Heavy Impact] (Knocks Down foes I hit with ranged attacks), and invisibility (undetectable by See Invisibility unless withing 20ft)
- Stay back invisible at a safe distance (max 80ft) and channel all my attacks through my Combat Drones (doesn't break invisibility)
- Use maneuvers to knock down, blind or inflict alchemical doom to my foes
- Use Minion to provide additional ranged support (ranged moder), grapple foes (grappling model) or BFC (BFC model)

Right now my Combat Drones (Dolls) are only useful in channeling my attacks, flanking (if they happen to be in position. They are not easy to move) and providing concealment to those behind. In the future they will have 10ft reach and use the Stand Still feat, so they may become more useful as BFC.

I list on my sheet 3 variant minions, I can only use one at a time and it takes 8h to switch. It will take much less when we get at 9th level. Right now the Ranged Model needs less upgrades so I think it is more effective. The other two are capable but luck defenses, so they are not likely to last long.

Advice ,on any aspect of the character, are more than welcome.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:59 PM »
Wow, so you can summon a ranged doll army, and I can summon a ranged (breath weapon) flying dragon force? Welcome to the mob.

I like heavy impact. With them getting knocked down, it'll be easy to start mauling the crap out of them/entangling them. We should have plenty of renewable shut-down/lock-down between cryo and concussive shot entangling exhalation and heavy impact (I sometimes forget everything else in life isn't Mass Effect). So I'd say just make sure your puppets can shoot around something large.... namely me, who will likely be the big fire-breathing wall between you and harm.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »
With Entangling Exhalation + Radiance of the Void our opponents are probably going to be Entangled and Exhausted much of the time. Do those "moves at half speed" penalties stack?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
With Entangling Exhalation + Radiance of the Void our opponents are probably going to be Entangled and Exhausted much of the time. Do those "moves at half speed" penalties stack?
I believe so, unless someone has precedent otherwise.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »
Wow, so you can summon a ranged doll army, and I can summon a ranged (breath weapon) flying dragon force? Welcome to the mob.

I like heavy impact. With them getting knocked down, it'll be easy to start mauling the crap out of them/entangling them. We should have plenty of renewable shut-down/lock-down between cryo and concussive shot entangling exhalation and heavy impact (I sometimes forget everything else in life isn't Mass Effect). So I'd say just make sure your puppets can shoot around something large.... namely me, who will likely be the big fire-breathing wall between you and harm.

Just wait til I can do this:

Quote from: SirPercival's Astronomer
Asteroid Encounter
Required Conjunctions: Azimuth, Declination, Gravity, Night, Occultation, Orbit, Phase, Stars, Transit
Area: See text
Duration: See text
Effects: An asteroid falls from the sky, causing a wide-spread calamity when it impacts. The asteroid creates an impact crater of radius 100 feet per Observer level, centered on a square within Long range. All creatures within the area take 2d6 bludgeoning and fire damage per level (Reflex save for half damage); you receive a +5 bonus on the save, and have the Improved Evasion ability against the effect. The area within the crater permanently becomes difficult terrain. The smoke, dust, and debris thrown into the air by the impact create a cloud in the air which blocks light; reduce the ambient light within 1 mile per level by 50% for 1 week per level. In addition, the poor air quality and residual effects of the impact make flourishing more difficult -- within the area of the cloud, creatures must make a Fortitude save each day until the cloud disperses. Failure means that they do not receive natural healing. Finally, remove all Conjunctions, and add the [Sheltered] and [Spin] Conjunctions.

:evillaugh

Offline samnemath

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »

I will try to position my Drones accordingly. And maybe change an upgrade from +2Dex to Precise Shot, but I don't konow anything that can help me ignore a huge mound of flesh in front of me :)

Edit: Maybe take Goggle of  Foe Finding?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:55:00 PM by samnemath »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 03:56:35 AM »
Precise Shot and appropriate use of 5ft steps should be enough. Irritatingly, I couldn't fit PS into my build. Hopefully I can either focus on things not currently in melee or power through the penalty. I'm perfectly happy being on the front lines, however. Amusingly, Samnemath and I have the highest AC in the party, so maybe we should be tanking for you guys?

Offline samnemath

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 06:45:25 AM »
Precise Shot and appropriate use of 5ft steps should be enough. Irritatingly, I couldn't fit PS into my build. Hopefully I can either focus on things not currently in melee or power through the penalty. I'm perfectly happy being on the front lines, however. Amusingly, Samnemath and I have the highest AC in the party, so maybe we should be tanking for you guys?

And I haven't even added armor yet.

Also I would like to point out that my drones can't attack (well, not until 15th level), unless as part of a maneuver or an AoO . So don't expect me to unleash an army of slashing robots. :)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
<snip>

so maybe we should be tanking for you guys?

Well, I haven't actually started putting my character together (pretty busy through Saturday), but clearly I'm much more of a support character.  After all, as a Ritualist, I mostly do buffing, and as an Astronomer, all I do is stand back and watch stuff happen to other people.   :D

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 07:52:19 AM »
I can tank a bit, my AC is not that much optimised for the moment, it will climb up very soon. Need to improve my full plate, get characteristic boosters items, that sort of things. And with enough astral deva levels, I'll get charisma to AC very soon... ;)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline samnemath

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »
Go t my answers from the Machinist class. You are free to check them out.

The short version is:
- I can craft [magitech] weapons, armor, constructs, and wondrous items
- I can  duplicate any magical property and it just gains the [Magitech] descriptor
- You can all use them.

So I believe I can provide some better prices for your gear :)

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »
Yeah, that makes me VERY VERY happy. Are you taking any crafting discount feats? Not that you need to. The standard 30% discount should be ample.

Offline samnemath

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
I am afraid there is no space in the build, I am not a dedicated crafter. I will be sure to tell you if I end up taking any, though.

Are there any particularly good ones?

Edit: In case we are talking about the Magical Artisan feats, I am not sure I can take them. They require an Item Creation feat. I don't have any, I can just ignore Item Creation feat prerequisites when crafting the above items. So I think it would take me two feats in order to affer any more discount.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:53:00 PM by samnemath »