Author Topic: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom  (Read 168555 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2016, 08:33:27 AM »
Mao's drones notice that there's more sounds of distant battle both in front and to the sides, although not as intense as the ones detected before, indicating this section is the one with higher level of violence right now.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:46 PM »
SO I PICKED MY BUFFS

Let's go with

Greater Luminous Armor (or greater mage armor if Osle decides I shouldn't have access to that  :P )
Greater Blink
Improved Invisibility
Haste, because hey, extra mobility is nice
Ray Deflection
Greater Arcane Sight
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
Good spells! How are you reaching the battlefield?

@Osle: I can read their positions two ways;
-Three groups, each with 2 unknown warriors and 1 unknown marauder
-Four groups (since there are four groups of civilians), three with a couple of unknown warriors and one with a trio of unknown marauders.

Also, are they bunched within 10-feet of each other like the formation of the previous squad of u.w., with each group a notable distance from the other groups?
And I'll note that I'm not sure what the AC of a drone/doll is supposed to be. They use the initiator's saves but their AC isn't clear beyond size+dex modifiers and how the initiator's buffs affect them.

I don't expect them to last more than one round anyway but that's always been part of the strategy.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2016, 03:02:22 PM »
Good spells! How are you reaching the battlefield?

-Four groups (since there are four groups of civilians), three with a couple of unknown warriors and one with a trio of unknown marauders.

Also, are they bunched within 10-feet of each other like the formation of the previous squad of u.w., with each group a notable distance from the other groups?
And I'll note that I'm not sure what the AC of a drone/doll is supposed to be. They use the initiator's saves but their AC isn't clear beyond size+dex modifiers and how the initiator's buffs affect them.

I don't expect them to last more than one round anyway but that's always been part of the strategy.

Riding my tiny mecha, naturally.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2016, 09:15:24 PM »
Four groups.

20 feet from each other but otherwise yes.

Just dex and size mod for Puppeteer theater since nothing else is mentioned, higher level stances grant some natural armor. Only offensive buffs apply.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2016, 01:23:02 AM »
Got it! The first three drones are going to scout ahead in the side and front area. They'll maybe get their Doll's War attacks as well though it'll depend on what they see there. Provided its all within 390 feet of those closest to each area. If there is something there that looks particularly important she'd reroute a bigger share of the drones there instead. Their targets for each attack would be assign in the same order of priority.

Edit: Too busy to finish the post. I'll try to get it in tomorrow along with all the rolls sorted out.
And now suddenly I'm not sure how "using your stats" interacts with the drone's size. They fight with fine-sized weapon off a diminutive mecha whose size doesn't affect the weapon damage size. "Using your stats" seem to imply that the attacks would not benefit from the drones' size bonus to attacks, using your own instead. The weapon damage would be as per the size of the weapon still. That's how I've been doing it at least. Not sure if them being a mecha's maneuvers using her stats qualify their weapons as being mecha weapons for most purposes (damage is treated as force damage and so on). The weapons are technically tiny (instead of small) since the mecha is diminutive (while Mao is medium).

Oh, I've also just noticed your rolled crit confirms for me. I already rolled them and had noted what the result was in the action block. It was the last roll I had done in that post.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:22:31 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2016, 05:11:32 AM »
Edit: Too busy to finish the post. I'll try to get it in tomorrow along with all the rolls sorted out.
And now suddenly I'm not sure how "using your stats" interacts with the drone's size. They fight with fine-sized weapon off a diminutive mecha whose size doesn't affect the weapon damage size. "Using your stats" seem to imply that the attacks would not benefit from the drones' size bonus to attacks, using your own instead. The weapon damage would be as per the size of the weapon still. That's how I've been doing it at least. Not sure if them being a mecha's maneuvers using her stats qualify their weapons as being mecha weapons for most purposes (damage is treated as force damage and so on). The weapons are technically tiny (instead of small) since the mecha is diminutive (while Mao is medium).
-Use your own size bonus to attacks, not the doll's.
-Weapon damage as the weapons wielded by the dolls.
-If Mao is channeling attacks from inside her mecha, they count as mecha.

Oh, I've also just noticed your rolled crit confirms for me. I already rolled them and had noted what the result was in the action block. It was the last roll I had done in that post.
Noted, thanks for pointing it out. So many rolls...

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2016, 04:59:08 PM »
I'll let the dolls continue to deal with... whatever's going on in whatever direction that's happening. :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2016, 04:32:23 AM »
I don't know where I am or what I see in regards to taking my, assumed, new turn now? I was hoping to try to arrive at whatever location Mao's dolls were currently engaging on my last turn.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »
Hard to guess. Mao appeared in the middle of the first area and was 100-ft away from the next one. Maybe something close to a 100-ft-cu room.
If you appeared this round into the next round you'd probably have eaten a readied attack action. But since you appeared and interacted with Amaterasu already, safe to say you're in the first area.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2016, 12:39:36 AM »
From my understanding, arriving where Ammy is was where I was starting my turn before taking actions. So I figured I had a full turn worth of actions to move to the next area ahead of Ammy where Mao is engaging?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2016, 02:02:08 AM »
Yes, though my meaning is that going in by yourself is pretty darn dangerous at this moment. Especially if on the hostile's turn you're there by yourself with them having little to nothing else to turn their attention at. Right now there is nothing but 4 drones in that room. And they go down if you sneeze at them.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2016, 04:48:32 AM »
Excuse me while I attempt to approach with stealth-like reflexes..............

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
Excuse me while I attempt to approach with stealth-like reflexes..............
I'm in a Stance that turns me into a giant flaming ball of death but because it grants Concealment I can hide inside it so all you see it pretty much a flaming projectile zipping around shooting things which is pretty cool.

It also means I'm technically in stealth mode all the time.
...And my stealth mode is simply more fire. :p

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
Somehow, I don't think any stealth check made inside a ball of flame is going to, well, help more than the base concealment. xD

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2016, 07:01:43 PM »
Yes it does, mechanically anytime you have Concealment you can make a Hide Check otherwise you normally need Cover (RC 32) and the Stance grants both, which is technically irelavent since the Natch system allows you to hide without needing Concealment anyway. Flavor wise, I'm a flaming dragon mech, on fire, behind a nearly occlusive wall of fire. All you can see to strike is fire, fire, and more fire.

The only real difference is I've been pin-pointed, or they know which square to attack for the 50% miss instead of randomly targeting every possible square like a game of battleship; except you only get the report back of a hit half the time.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2016, 07:23:31 PM »
Wait, is this total concealment or partial concealment? Because if it's total there's no need for the hide check as you can't be targeted anyway.

I really hope the fireball isn't centred on you, otherwise the appropriate square is both A) the most likely place you're going to randomly target if you had to pick one, and B) logically the place you'd centre area effects on.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2016, 09:08:52 PM »
It is normal concealment. And it is indeed centered on the initiator since it covers his space and the squares adjacent to him.
Hiding to make it look like they're fighting a sun is totally legit though your exact position is, yes, quite obvious.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2016, 11:20:35 PM »
Fire makes the best camouflage, plus it's one of the only two things Thief can't steal.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2016, 11:36:38 PM »
I reckon there's this one famous thief that stole some from the gods.  :p