Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread B) [Split Party]  (Read 28770 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread B) [Split Party]
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »
"Alysra Lanar." the woman says taking your hand delicately. "You are injured!" just noticing the wound. "I can help you with that." as she leads you off. "Harmful habit to get into by the way, appears to be bad for your health."
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
Corran falls into a walk slightly behind and to her right, his career as a bodyguard and blaster-for-hire kicking in.
"Thank you. Yeah, so I've noticed. But better I get hurt than people end up dying. It can be a harsh galaxy at times. I don't like standing idly by, doing nothing when people are in danger or suffering.", he explains. "Now if you don't mind me asking, who or what were those creatures? I've never seen them before and I wager they're not often seen around here either... either that, or you may be starting a harmful habit of choosing were you go strolling about. Seems to be potentially hazardous to your health."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"Those are...were Killiks. The native species to Alderaan." she informs you and she walks along, "Their hives can lay dormant for centuries and then they wake. The last reported hive was 250 years ago if I remember it right. I did not think I would see one up close  in my lifetime, so going for a private stroll did not seem so dangerous."

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Corran whistles a short, low note.
"250 years. . . that's quite some nap. Wait, uh.. did you say hives?".

That really doesn't sound good.
"So... a lot of unpleasant people, armed and prone to taking slaves. You need to warn people about this."

He stops talking for a moment. Oh I am an oblivious, insensitive idiot
"Oh sheesh, what am I saying, there's time for that later. Are you hurt, are you ok? I didn't see if you got hurt, I was busy dodging blaster bolts and backtracking and now I'm just ordering you around. I'm unfortunately getting used to things wanting me dead, but you aren't, I guess. D'you need a minute?"

Smooth Corran, I'm sure that'll calm her fears if she has any. Besides, she seems to be holding up fine for being ambushed less than five minutes ago, she cracked a joke and she's leading you somewhere to get your wound tended to.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »
"A moments rest wouldn't hurt." she admits and finds a nearby rock to lean against, "It hasn't really set in yet, how close I just came to becoming a joiner with their hive." she visibly shivers at the admission."But I am unhurt thanks to you. What brought you out this way?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
"Actually, it's just as I said. Stepped in to rescue a woman from some ruffians on a space station a few days ago, we picked up some friends on the way and we ended up going this way. Was having a quiet moment over there when I saw you and the Killiks, the rest you know."

I can't mention the rest, fighting the empire, conspiring with nobles and all that. But what I can say is enough.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:55 AM »
That sounds like quite the story. We have a pretty long walk back, do you want to tell more of it? she says intrigued

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
"Maybe later. I feel like I'm doing all the talking. What about you, what is your story?"

I just had to think that, didn't I...

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2013, 12:01:42 AM »
"Oh there isn't much to tell really." she answers as she gets up from the rock she was resting on and begins walking again. "I have lived here on Alderaan all my life. I have worked in the Organa Palace for a few years now. Oh it's just a lot of boring stuff. What's it like traveling the stars?".

She appears to be hiding something from you.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »
So much for that diversion. Corran falls into line once more as they start to move again.
"Well, it's both beautiful and terrifying at the same time and undeniably exciting, just as it at the same time can be tedious and dull and outright boring. There's nothing quite like it, which is why I became a pilot in the first place. Of course, coming from Corellia I'm sure it's in my blood somehow. As I said earlier, the galaxy can be a cold, harsh place. Much like space itself honestly, a vacuum inhospitable to life... well, most life at least; I've heard of these giant creatures that... never mind, that's neither here nor there.

But still, scattered throughout this bleak nothingness of cold are things like stars, asteroids and gas clouds; wondrous sights to see. Then there are the gems that are planets. Pieces of colour, of character, of life. Filled with millions of people and billions of stories. Defying this nothingness of space. Sheltering and nurturing life. Giving the people and creatures there a sanctuary to just be alive. Though sometimes I wish certain... things... weren't around. Like those Killiks".

Corran makes a face of distaste as he finishes his thoughts.

"Just like life can seem uncaring or cruel, there are these bright moments that are people. People who care, who are good. It's basically the same. I took up flying for the freedom to seek out these places and people. To try and be one of them as well, for the ones that need it.It's not a safe life, but it's one of freedom, of sorts.
Sure hyperspace can be dull, some captains can be earworms, some astrogation paths might dump you right into an uncharted asteroid field full of imminent death if you so much as twitch the wrong move on the stick... but that comes with the job. With the life. I... I'm not so good with words and it's hard to describe to someone who hasn't seen it for herself, but I hope it answers your question."

He makes a thoughtful pause as he speaks again.

"But as I said, there are millions of people living their lives and billions of stories birthed from them. I'm sure yours isn't nearly as dull as you make it out to be. Truth be told, most of the time my life is also boring. I just try and remember the interesting parts. Makes for better inspiration. Do you think it's boring, the things you do, or do you assume I would?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2013, 11:41:34 PM »
"You certainly have a way with words. It's almost like I am hearing about it for the first time." she slows and as you catch up she grasps your arm as you both walk."You make it  sound very exciting."

She does seem to get more nervous the closer you get back to civilization. "I have always wanted to see the new and interesting places of the galaxy. For all it's serenity, Alderaan lacks any real excitement."

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »
After a time of walking in silence Alysra seems to get increasingly tense and breaks down, "Please take me with you. I cannot go back and stay here. I am betrothed to a horrible man, the son of a minor noble house."

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
Oh. Shit.

"Erh, wha. . .  " Corran stumbles, verbally as well as physically. He stops and looks at her with a concerned look. "Eh, I, I can't do that. I can't take you with me, I'm sorry. The people who I'm working for right now are quite specific about their business and who they hire. I can't bring you along, it won't work and I'm leaving tonight. Unless I can persuade them to wait until my injury has recovered, but even then... Alysra, listen, it's a dangerous place, space. I said so less than five minutes ago. I'm not going to say that you couldn't learn and make it out there, but please realize what you're getting yourself into. Take it from someone who just ends up in things because he makes quick decisions, it's not really a good method. Are there not any other way to resolve this? Who is this man? I can't take you with me, but I might be able to do something."

Good going as usual. Something like what, exactly? Going to just use your clever political influence with the Senator you just met hours ago, will you? Then again, I can't do nothing. Please, please let this be a case of romanticized boredom and not actually a bastard. I'll try to help, but I'm involved in something bigger right now.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
"Please, you must. The last pilot that I know of was just bought off by Hale. I will be stuck here with him! I have some money I saved for passage and this." She removes from her neck a small pendant, it's sparkle catches the light of the sun as it slides from her delicate neck. Seeing Corran continued insistence she adds with a frown, "The trinket means nothing to me, a gift from Hale. The man is Hutt slime, I doubt there is anything you could do to change my situation if you will not take me along. He'll just have you arrested for something and whisked away to Kessel or something."

She looks at the ground, downtrodden, but then looks up as if something just occurred to her. "Unless you will kill him. That would also free me from him."

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »
Getting lost in thought, Corran speaks softly after a while.
"Let's keep moving. I still need to be patched up, after that... after that I'll make some calls. I can't give you any promises either way Alysra. Lead the way, please."
He angles his body as to usher her forward with his posture.

Blood and sand, how do I get myself in these kinds of things.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »
Alysra nods her head, having to accept that for now. She grabs ahold Corran's arm at the elbow again, more to be close than to provide any real support to the injured man. Her subtle perfume fills the surrounding air, an alluring scent.

She says nothing further on the walk back. She directs you to her quarters. One of spartan furnishings, with a bed, a table which serves as both a workspace and the place she takes her meals. On the makeshift desk sits a portable computer. She helps you to the bed, "Take some rest, I will bring back someone who will be able to help with those wounds." she says as she makes you comfortable.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
She eventually takes her leave of the room, leaving you to rest.

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
Corran takes this opportunity to close his eyes and rest a bit. Ok, so how do I fix this problem? I said I'll call and I will, but honestly I don't think she can come along. Maybe Sirona can take her with her, she's leaving soon and the guy won't have time to pay her off.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
You awake after dozing off to the monotone sound of a droid's voice, "You were correct. This sentient is in need of medical attention."

"Yes, and you will give it to him."