Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Futurama
« on: September 14, 2016, 01:10:58 AM »
I know the makers of Futurama were fans of D&D, but surprisingly almost NO races have been made?  I hope to find some people and together we can fix this situation.  (3.5e please) Here's a list of races that would be interesting to play:

Amazonian

Amphibiosan

Blob

Cygnoid

Decapodian (no info on the author)

Morbo's species (no official name)

Native Martian

Neutral - created by Garryl

Neptunian

Nibblonian

Omicronian

Slug Worm

Trisolian

Vincian

I will add links to the pages and credit authors as they appear.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:05:23 PM by Psysama »
Signature here.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »
No Neutrals on the list?

- No ability score adjustments.
- Medium humanoid.
- 30 ft. speed.
- I Have No Strong Feelings One Way Or The Other (Ex): Not subject to effects that influence emotion.
- What Makes A Man Turn Neutral (Ex): Counts as true neutral alignment or their actual alignment for alignment-dependent spells and effects, whichever is more beneficial.
- Tell My Wife I Said "Hello" (Ex): Reduce the Diplomacy DC to improve an unfriendly or hostile creature's attitude to indifferent by 4.
- I Don't Know But My Gut Says "Maybe" (Su): 1/day, reroll a natural 1 on an attack roll, a skill check, or a saving throw, taking the new result instead. However, the next time you roll a natural 20 on the same type of roll, you must reroll it, taking the new result instead.
- Favored Class: Any.

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
No Neutrals on the list?

- No ability score adjustments.
- Medium humanoid.
- 30 ft. speed.
- I Have No Strong Feelings One Way Or The Other (Ex): Not subject to effects that influence emotion.
- What Makes A Man Turn Neutral (Ex): Counts as true neutral alignment or their actual alignment for alignment-dependent spells and effects, whichever is more beneficial.
- Tell My Wife I Said "Hello" (Ex): Reduce the Diplomacy DC to improve an unfriendly or hostile creature's attitude to indifferent by 4.
- I Don't Know But My Gut Says "Maybe" (Su): 1/day, reroll a natural 1 on an attack roll, a skill check, or a saving throw, taking the new result instead. However, the next time you roll a natural 20 on the same type of roll, you must reroll it, taking the new result instead.
- Favored Class: Any.
Awesome!  I am adding this to the list.  Thanks!
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »
Wouldn't AMazonians just be all female Ogres effectively?

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 12:12:33 AM »
Wouldn't AMazonians just be all female Ogres effectively?
...yes and no.  The Amazonians actually probably have a good dexterity (they can play basketball, but they can't dunk).  Also I wouldn't dare say their charisma is that low seeing as they can "scarouse" their "prey."
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 05:12:43 PM »
Perhaps a template adding a +2 Dex and a +4 Racial Bonus to Perform (Seduction) checks?

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:53:42 AM »
I don't really have any ideas for racial abilities, because it's been years since I've watched Futurama, let alone the Amazonian episode or the later ones that cameo them.  But I did whip up a basic chassis to go from, just add a couple of racial abilities and it should be ready to go!

Amazonian
 - large humanoid
 - +6 Str, +4 Con, -4 Int (minimum 3)
 - 40' speed
 - 2 Racial Hit Dice
 - Racial Class Skills: Intimidate, Listen, Perform (Snu snu), Profession (Basketball Player), Survival
 - +3 Natural Armour
 - Favoured Class: Barbarian
 - LA: +2
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.