Author Topic: Walk the Line, Chapter I: Tipping Point  (Read 55959 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Walk the Line, Chapter I: Tipping Point
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »
Jack chuckles to himself again. "You have now."

Jack and the man enter a 24-hour diner.  The man looks around, still bewildered, and heads toward the bathroom.

"The domeskipper had the.... tell me, the changeling's clothing....." Roy describes it to Daniel, barely able to repress a sigh when he hears about the ambulance.

<Yep, that's the guy.  He and the other guy just went into that diner around the corner.  Hey, did that ambulance get there yet?>
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 06:37:54 AM »
Radon had his ears perked for the ambulance but was a bit distracted by his thoughts.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:54 PM »
As the ambulance's roar becomes more obvious, Roy responds back. "Yeah Daniel, thanks. Keep an eye on the two; if they leave, give me a ring. I'm bringing someone down to make a statement and provide a recording, then I'll check back on the skipper and the changeling."

To Radon, he turns finally. "Alright, once that girl gets loaded into the ambulance, I'll drive you down to the station. Should be in and out. By the way, you sounded familiar with the insignia on my coat." With a bit of a smirking chuckle, he asks, "wouldn't happen to be a hacker yourself, would you?"
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline AyeGill

• Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »
Jack heads towards the bar, and with a grunt sits down on a stool. Looking at the bartender, he made his order. "Two very stiff and very big drinks," he said, raising two fingers. While waiting for the drinks, he looked around the diner.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »
As the ambulance's roar becomes more obvious, Roy responds back. "Yeah Daniel, thanks. Keep an eye on the two; if they leave, give me a ring. I'm bringing someone down to make a statement and provide a recording, then I'll check back on the skipper and the changeling."

To Radon, he turns finally. "Alright, once that girl gets loaded into the ambulance, I'll drive you down to the station. Should be in and out. By the way, you sounded familiar with the insignia on my coat." With a bit of a smirking chuckle, he asks, "wouldn't happen to be a hacker yourself, would you?"

Radon looked at Roy like he had just asked if the sky was blue, then held out his personal sensor.  "Would I have one of these if I wasn't?  If you're wondering why I'm not part of the force, let's just say I'm not a fan of the way certain things are handled."

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
Radon looked at Roy like he had just asked if the sky was blue, then held out his personal sensor.  "Would I have one of these if I wasn't?  If you're wondering why I'm not part of the force, let's just say I'm not a fan of the way certain things are handled."

An ambulance pulls up, driven by a bored-looking dwarf with an unlit cigarette.  Roy recognizes this one, who has a nametag that reads "Frud".

"Yeah?" Frud grumbles.

Jack heads towards the bar, and with a grunt sits down on a stool. Looking at the bartender, he made his order. "Two very stiff and very big drinks," he said, raising two fingers. While waiting for the drinks, he looked around the diner.

(click to show/hide)

As usual, the relatively sparse crowd is made up mostly of domeskippers.  There are a pair of underdressed tourists shivering in the corner and muttering about the Aurora not being quite as pretty as they expected.  In the back corner, a well-dressed man with hooded eyes and a snakeskin briefcase is eyeing Jack and the changeling thoughtfully.

The changeling drops into the seat next to Jack and picks up the large glass of amber liquid the bartender sets in front of him.  He looks at it curiously before taking a sip, and coughing.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
"Hey Frud..." Roy pops out of the building, barely stopping at the ambulance window. "There's a girl inside, restrained, who took an unidentified magical drug emanating multiple auras. I leave her in your capable hands." Roy will wait and attempt to assist Frud, if need be, just to ensure this person doesn't get away from him.

After that, he tries not to sprint to his car with Radon. "Well, it might be nice to put another person with a brain in this damn precinct. Let's get going."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »
After the girl was loaded into the car, Radon gathered his usual stuff and closed shop before heading over to Roy's car.  He let out a hearty chuckle upon hearing about the precinct's ineptitude.  "You do have a point, but I think I'll pass.  Those with brains tend to get screwed over where the norm is a lack of intelligence."

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:54 AM »
Radon and Roy get in the squad car and head back to the precinct.  Arriving, Roy can see the diner around the corner.

Offline AyeGill

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
Jack emptied his glass in one swig, enjoying the burning sensation as the alcohol ran down his throat. He slammed the glass onto the bar desk, and fumbled a bit through his bag for the cash. He placed it next to the empty glass as he stood up. "Well, it's been fun, but I gotta get going. You might wanna head over to the police once you finish that drink. Doubt we'll meet again, have a good life, so on." And he pushed the door open and walked out.

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »
Roy bounces out of the car, remembering where Daniel said the two had just gone eating. As he starts for the diner, watching to make sure neither of the two men he needed to talk to left in a hurry, he called to Radon behind him. "I'll be right inside; you go in and make your report. Say that Roy Bishop sent you, and that Daniel Efferent knows you're coming."

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
Jack and Roy nearly collide outside the door of the diner.  Startled, Roy can see movement in the diner windows.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »
Radon stood by the car for a bit and watched Roy until he almost plowed into a diner customer stepping out.  Chuckling to himself, he stepped up into the police station and went to the front desk.

"Roy Bishop sent me to make a report.  Said Daniel Efferent knows I'm coming."

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
Radon stood by the car for a bit and watched Roy until he almost plowed into a diner customer stepping out.  Chuckling to himself, he stepped up into the police station and went to the front desk.

"Roy Bishop sent me to make a report.  Said Daniel Efferent knows I'm coming."

The desk jockey waves Radon back in the direction of some desks, and a youngish, heavyset human male raises a hand, calling out, "Yo!"

As Radon approaches and sits, he sees that Daniel is consuming a rather large sandwich.  "So," he mumbles from behind his mouthful, "What's the story?"

IA's paper is singed from the kid's attacks, and nearly unreadable in the gloom.  There are a few signs on the buildings out here, some of them dusted with enough snow to obscure them.  Directly in front of her is a shop with a warmly inviting light on behind the frosted glass door, which reads "Merkle's Delectable Delights", and a picture of a wrapped gift.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »
"Right, lets get out of the snow... we had best bring this douchebag with us I suppose." Lilly indicated towards the kid. "That shop looks good"

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »
Throwing away the piece of crap her paper had become, IA sighed and then turned her head towards Lilly. "We will drop him there and then what? I really am not used to this kind of situation..." She then grabbed the punk's leg again and dragged him over to that store.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »
"You have any idea where you were trying to get to? Yknow before this retard attacked us." Lilly fishes around in one of her pockets for her lighter and some cigarettes.

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »
"I guess an apartment of some kind? I was brought here in a hurry with that piece of paper with the necessary informations which is now to waste and this is my first time in North. The only thing I knew about this place is that it existed." said IA, and then she opened the Merkle's Delectable Delights' door, pushing the kid inside.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »

The desk jockey waves Radon back in the direction of some desks, and a youngish, heavyset human male raises a hand, calling out, "Yo!"

As Radon approaches and sits, he sees that Daniel is consuming a rather large sandwich.  "So," he mumbles from behind his mouthful, "What's the story?"

Radon wrinkled his nose slightly as the man spoke.  He didn't expect much manners from the man, but talking with one's mouth full got to him.

"A girl about 20 came into my shop looking for some merchandise, so I transferred the credits and went to get the item.  Just something to keep her warm really, in case you care.  I left my personal sensor there to keep an eye on her though.  When I came back, I found her lying on the ground rigid with her eyes completely blackened.  I cast a spell to detect any magic on her and found auras such that I thought she had taken a magical drug.  Upon reviewing my sensor, I confirmed that.  Here, take a look for yourself if you'd like." He said, handing over his personal sensor for Daniel to look at.

Offline AyeGill

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
Jack and Roy nearly collide outside the door of the diner.  Startled, Roy can see movement in the diner windows.

"Hey, police guy, there's a changeling in there you might wanna take a statement from. By the bar," Jack said, as he continued to walk.