Author Topic: Chapter 1a: Team Fumiko  (Read 4375 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Chapter 1a: Team Fumiko
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »
A couple hours later, Nalan leads you (Fumiko, Sen, and Chihiro) down a long hallway, to a heavy door inlaid with blue, white, and gold enamel (Lord Musker's house colors). The young Suuldaran lord seems nervous, and keeps fidgeting with his hands before he realizes what he's doing and tries to relax and exude confidence.

"I'll speak to Lord Musker's secretary... how should I announce you?"
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1a: Team Fumiko
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
Sen, by contrast, stands tall and relaxed, facing the door with a neutral, concentrated expression.
"Simply Lady Natsukawa, myself, and Arai, trading a favor rendered for protection and diplomatic support. It's usual enough."
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Fumiko twitches slightly at Sen's introduction, but if she's concerned about something she doesn't say it.

Placing a hand on the lord's shoulder she says "Nalan, relax. We'll take care of things from here. Okay?"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:31:47 AM by Prime32 »

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Chihiro nods solemnly, clasping her hands behind her back and standing up straight. "That introduction suits me."
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »
Nalan, nodding, takes a deep breath, puts on his aristocratic mask, and steps through the door. After a long moment, the door opens again, and he gestures the group through it.

On the other side is a small room with a desk filling most of the space, piled high with rolled parchments. Behind the parchments perches a man whose face is primarily nose, peeking through tiny spectacles at the new occupants of his office. The man's voice is (appropriately) a nasal whine. "If you will wait here a moment, I will see if Lord Musker is available."

He minces through another door, reappearing almost instantly. "He will see you immediately."

Through another door, and you find yourselves in a sumptuous sitting room. A grossly fat man in rich green silks reclines on a divan, fanning himself with a large peacock fan, his thin moustache rippling in the artificial breeze. Lining the walls is a number of guards in lacquered armor, alternating green and red. While the majority seem mostly human, more than a third display some sort of scales.

The man seems to be paying little attention to you, though his piggy eyes are extremely intelligent and knowing. His voice booms out in the room, a rich and resonant baritone. "By the gods, this heat! The weather near the coast is always temperate, and I find myself unable to adapt adequately to this swamp of a city. But I am being a poor host; you have come to treat with me, not listen to the ramblings of a fat man. Come, let's hear your proposal."

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »
Sen's eyes are wide open as she steps through the door, scanning the room with an intense stare before settling on their host. She says nothing, waiting calmly for Fumiko to take point as planned.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bozwevial

• Epic Member
  • Developing a relaxed attitude toward danger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »
Chihiro slips in after Sen, also sweeping her gaze across the room. She clasps her hands behind her back, resisting the urge to keep glancing around nervously by reminding herself that Fumiko will do all the talking. Somehow, this fails to settle her nerves entirely.

(click to show/hide)
Homebrew Compendiums: D&D 3.5 4e/PF
IRC: #mmxgeneral on Rizon

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »
Confident that her allies will notice any dangers (and desiring to show it), Fumiko approaches Musker directly, without pausing to look around. She bows with a slight smile. "Far from rambling, your lordship; even at the coast I hear it is unseasonably hot. I'm dressed in duskweave myself." she says, raising a sleeve of her garment.

"Ahem. But down to business... Did you know my father, Lord Musker?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 08:37:55 AM »
"Of course, child. I won't say that we were close, but I butted heads with him at the North Market a time or two. I was sorry to hear of his passing -- the best friend an intellectual can have is a worthy adversary."

((EDIT: Whoops, forgots.))

Sen and Chihiro don't find anything hiding in sideways-space.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:06:38 PM by sirpercival »

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »
Sen continues to keep her mouth shut as she relays her findings to Fumiko and Chihiro through the amulets' magic. The guards all look enhanced in some way. Lord Musker has some wards in play, as expected. But that ring of his is powerful, self-defense of some sort. We'll go ahead with the plan. Barring either of the other two stopping her, she makes a second pass over the room in the other direction, this time watching with a true dragon's eyes.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
Fumiko nods quietly in response (to Musker or Sen it's not clear), before sinking into a nearby chair.

After a few moments she continues with steepled fingers. "Then you must also know of the disrespect that has been paid to him and his clan. I am the only living member of House Natsukawa, and my claim to our ancestral lands has been revoked. Our holdings have passed to House Ishino, a group of thieves and murderers; now tradition is spat upon there, and Deathland bandits come and go as they please."

"While our friends and allies have been supportive," she says slowly, glancing at her companions, "ultimately this matter can only be decided by the Suuldaran... and the Suuldaran listens to you, which is why I have come here. Lord Musker, will you help an old friend's daughter find justice?"

"...Ah, don't worry, I'm neither selfish nor mad enough to ask that you find me revenge, only restitution." She leans closer. "Know only that if you were to aid me in this, you would find a certain house most grateful in future."

(click to show/hide)