Author Topic: Nintendo Worlds Spin-Off (Recruitment)  (Read 19605 times)

Offline muktidata

• Ephesians 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Worlds Spin-Off (Recruitment)
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
I'd like to play. Any room?  :-\

I have interest in Kid Ichaerus, Marth, and Ash Ketchum from game protagonists and many others from side characters in games.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:28:19 PM by muktidata »
I appreciate the logical, cool-headed responses and the lack of profanity displayed by our community.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
Currently the plan is two parties. Not sure on party size but if it's 6 or so max there should be some spare room.

Kid Icarus is a cool idea. Would you use one of the celestial monster classes or something else?

I'm only familiar with KI via Pit in SSB but there he seems to focus more on weapon based stuff with his bow that splits into two swords thing.

Arcadian Avenger would actually work really well to represent that. If you could switch out one of its disciplines for Falling Star or one of the other Archery based ones (or just pick them up when you multiclass) and homebrew a bow/double sword thing you'd be pretty set.

Or something completely different, of course. Maybe even more than usual this campaign has me floating dozens of different character ideas.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
Sure, I already had said I would make 2 teams if there's too much players. I also put more value on interested players delivering ready character sheets than just posting interest.

Any of your character sugestions would work well.

Offline muktidata

• Ephesians 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
On second thought my eyes are on Baron Von Sabrewulf. I loved Killer Instinct as a kid.

I'll try and spit a sheet out soon.
I appreciate the logical, cool-headed responses and the lack of profanity displayed by our community.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
Ok, this idea has sunk its oversized choppers into my hindbrain and will not let go until I follow through with it. I'm not planning to play this character in the Elibe game. I'm sticking with Regideus for that. However, if a Mushroom Kingdom game ever starts up he's an option.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:26:22 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »
I assume you'd like character sheets as soon as possible then, Osle?

And high five, Muktidata!  :clap  Killer Instinct was a great game.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:19:34 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »
Yes even if they're still WIP. So far only sirp and Ninja Citizen have already presented their drafts.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
My really quick draft is: Human Mechanosynth 4/Cyberneticist 4 named Alan Lance

Evolves: Armblade (don't know what base weapon yet), Armbolt 2d6 acid, Pneumatic Calves (5 foot average flight speed that might become 10 due to maneuverability issues), Fiber-Optic Shroud (invisibility as SLA at will)

Cybernetic modules will change around of course, but at 4th in cyberneticist his allowed modules are only the least; so hands, feet, and visor.

Are fractional BAB and saves in effect?

And if Garryl and/or Perce see this, mind if I try my hand at a prestige class somewhat combining these two classes into a dual-progression?

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »
My really quick draft is: Human Mechanosynth 4/Cyberneticist 4 named Alan Lance

Evolves: Armblade (don't know what base weapon yet), Armbolt 2d6 acid, Pneumatic Calves (5 foot average flight speed that might become 10 due to maneuverability issues), Fiber-Optic Shroud (invisibility as SLA at will)

Cybernetic modules will change around of course, but at 4th in cyberneticist his allowed modules are only the least; so hands, feet, and visor.

Are fractional BAB and saves in effect?

And if Garryl and/or Perce see this, mind if I try my hand at a prestige class somewhat combining these two classes into a dual-progression?
I don't mind at all.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »

Knock your socks off.

Offline muktidata

• Ephesians 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Here's what I came up with tonight. Home brew include Werewolf and Monster of Legend. Basically the guy is a jumping pouncer. Nothing crazy at level 8, but I executed my theme so I'm happy. Haven't spent more than 3k gold yet. Feat and item advice is welcome. The only ability from the game I seem to be missing is being able to shoot little birds made out of fire.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:59:27 PM by muktidata »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
You don't need Monster Blooded or Monster Hybrid to be a Human Werewolf. The Lycanthropes are template classes, so they don't replace your old racial traits. Same for Monster of Legend.

However, you also can't be a Feral Werewolf because the Werewolf class has a requirement of the Humanoid or Giant type and Feral changes you to Monstrous Humanoid.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:36:43 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline muktidata

• Ephesians 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:23 AM »
Sad. They go together so well for this. Guess I'll have to drop the Werewolf and Monster of Legend levels. This guy has to have Rake to match his moves in the game. The other features of Feral just let him keep up being he's a bsf.

Is there a way to get the humanoid type again?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:52:14 AM by muktidata »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:48 AM »
The Anthro Animal class might work (with Innocent Form if you wanted to do the human that transforms thing.) It doesn't let you get rake at the moment but it seems like a very reasonable ability to get from "What Has Magic Done?"

The AA class is also a bit more powerful than the Werewolf class so you wouldn't need the boost from Feral as much. I'd really steer clear of templates like that even if LA buy off is allowed.

Offline muktidata

• Ephesians 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 03:05:49 AM »
I'll go peruse AA right now.

I'd actually be fine tanking the +1LA. *gasp* But of course I'd rather buy it off. To get to where I need to be with this character, it gets me straight there.

Edit: AA is certainly powerful enough, but it's a pity that I can't be a real Lycan. Oh well, my build with Feral would have only worked with DM fiat anyway. And I dont actually have to shift back and forth. In Killer Instinct lore (surprised you guys don't know this already), Sabrewulf was cursed to be in a permanent Hybrid Wolf state which it sounds like AA will work for. Good suggestion, CNC.

Any chances Rake could go at 8HD on the claws part of What Has Magic Done with the opportunity cost of occupying your feet slot so no boots?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:39:07 AM by muktidata »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »
I'll be moving the discussion to the Nintendo Words boards here.