Author Topic: Blood Palace (OOC)  (Read 71898 times)

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Palace (OOC)
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 01:51:44 AM »
180 flight speed, that's cute.

I should have my char sheet posted tomorrow (on 3DS right now and it doesn't like large posts) but I can go ahead and say my flight speed was slightly ridiculous.

150 ft (Average) base. then +50% from Shadow Creature, x2 from Titanic Creature, and the Extra Wings option from Monster of Legend.

Lowball that should be ...475 ft (Good), if all the boosts stack though it will be 750 ft (Good).

Catch me if ya can.

wonder if the Giant Step from Titanic stacks with itself....if it does I might just be moving my speed up to 1500 ft.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 01:58:32 AM »
The best thing about that is how that'll only help you run away faster  :P

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 02:56:57 AM »
With how I can both stealth around and stand my own in a fight it also enables me to do something that normally kills PCs. Go off exploring on my own.

Now if there was something in D&D that added damage based on how fast you were moving towards your target......
it would be beautiful yet horrifying to behold.

Dash past someone and watch them explode due to how fast you were moving.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY AWESOME!

But I can't deny there have been times I wished I had this kind of speed. evil volcanos and stupid bbeg suicide lair.

still, i suppose I could drop the Extra Wings from MoL. 450 ft (Average) would be more than enough for almost anything.
Probably take the Perma See Invis and Truesight instead.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:01:31 AM by Rekmond »
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »

Catch me if ya can.

Haha, what's cute is you think I'm restricted by my speed! No, see the 180 (well, 190-210 depending on the stacking, and of course that's before the boost I'll get from Haste) is just how fast you see me going while I'm visible. When I hide, which of course I can do in plain view, I can reappear anywhere in my allies' field of vision. Leave the finish line, make it a mile away in an instant, and before you smile smugly about how much faster than me you are, I'm already another mile farther than you!  :P

In all seriousness, though, there's only so much usefulness that a humongous speed will get you on an actual combat map.

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
Question: Can UMD (Emulate Class Feature) allow me to use a rune stave with spells not on my list? The class feature in question is the spell list.

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »
Is Tiamat in the same boat? I seem to remember you claiming she had been gibbed as well.
She was killed.  I worship a dead god.

Now if there was something in D&D that added damage based on how fast you were moving towards your target......
it would be beautiful yet horrifying to behold.
One of the "Mark of ..." feats from FCII (Mark of Minauros?) adds bonuses to hit based upon your speed when charging.  Use Power Attack to convert some of it to damage.

Edit: Yup...
Quote from: FCII, p. 84
MARK OF MINAUROS
Mammon is an expert at managing the various powers of Hell. From service to this archdevil, you know when to use explosive violence and when to beat a hasty retreat.
Prerequisites: Brand of the Nine Hells, allegiance to Mammon.
Benefit: Like your master, you know when to fight and when to flee. When making a charge attack, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll at the end of the charge for every 10 feet you move as part of the charge (in addition to the normal attack bonus from charging). In addition, when you move (and only when you move), the square in which you start your movement is not considered threatened.
Normal: You gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll at the end of a charge. Withdrawing is a full-round action.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:25:42 AM by ksbsnowowl »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »
I don't even want to think about how fast I could move if I use Sungrazer.

I think it leaves me several miles from the battlefield.

You move up to 1 mile per IL in a straight line. During this movement you're immune to all damage and ill effects and other creatures can't take immediate actions as they're too awed.

Correction, it leaves me 19 miles from the battle if I feel like it. On the plus side, if there's an army, it can hit most of it, so long as we have a bigger army? :lmao
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:31:02 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
It's sad that essentially all the Dragon Magic stuff is sorcerer-only, otherwise I would've solved my total lack of healing:

DRACONIC VIGOR [DRACONIC]
You gain some of the vitality of your draconic ancestry when
casting spells.
Prerequisite: Draconic Heritage, sorcerer level 1st.
Benefit: Whenever you cast an arcane spell, you heal a
number of points of damage equal to the spell's level.

... oh, wait, Dragontouched is a thing!

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »

Lowball that should be ...475 ft (Good), if all the boosts stack though it will be 750 ft (Good).
750 flight speed, that's cute. :p

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 05:30:35 AM »
Hehehe, I found a fun picture for now :3
(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
Ketaro, the Pectoral of Maneuverability only boosts one level of maneuverability for 12k; it's a whole 90k to boost by two levels. So, unless your fly speed started at average, that's probably where it is right now, or unless you had another maneuverability-improving factor.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
The one thing stopping me from giving this character a proper name and backstory is lack of knowledge about the world they came from. XD

Done it anyway. :T
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:59:28 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
Ketaro, the Pectoral of Maneuverability only boosts one level of maneuverability for 12k; it's a whole 90k to boost by two levels. So, unless your fly speed started at average, that's probably where it is right now, or unless you had another maneuverability-improving factor.

I may have forgotten that "Average" maneuverability existed.  :P
It wasn't really a matter of wanting "Good" anyways, I just really need to find something to spend 20-30k on that's useful  :tongue

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 06:25:55 PM »
So, summation of my character's backstory: kept robbing bandits, killed her teammates, killed random adventurers, killed planar things, came back and turned her parents and childhood home into a smoking crater, wanted to be a witch-queen but got interrupted.

LASERS ARE THE BEST SOLUTION.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:28:51 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
Looks like you're missing your Tiefling racial traits. I know you're all about burning your enemies' shadows into the environment without leaving a trace of their bodies, but +20 to Bluff and Hide, and Resist 10 Fire/Cold/Electricity aren't so bad either. :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 07:00:41 PM »
Looks like you're missing your Tiefling racial traits. I know you're all about burning your enemies' shadows into the environment without leaving a trace of their bodies, but +20 to Bluff and Hide, and Resist 10 Fire/Cold/Electricity aren't so bad either. :D

Oh yeah, those are things.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
I am a bit jealous of your racial skill bonuses. How can I be the sneakiest when everyone else is beating me at my own game? :P

Of course, I get to Hide in Plain Sight even when my magic items don't work, and can take 11 on all d20 rolls so I'm not really too upset. :)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »
"It's possible to sneak?"

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »
Sure, unless everything is always exploding around you.  But that's not likely to happen much around you, right?  :smirk

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »
My explosions are generally more directed!