Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 51530 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
Can I please have my question answered? ^^;

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »
... do I keep the Ork in line by dint of wearing power armour? @_@

As a Freebootah understands the concept of "Value" i'd assume his concept of "Da biggest" need not neccesarily involve size.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »

As a Freebootah understands the concept of "Value" i'd assume his concept of "Da biggest" need not neccesarily involve size.

What madness is this? :O

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »
Sheet updated!
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:44 PM »
It takes a special sort of Mekboy to leave his people for other pastures.

Stats modified, as of the Errata
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:10:34 PM by Wrex »

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »

Will put bio into sane order soon. Also finish naming. And probably flesh out that backstory.

Also, since I've been looking at it: Order of the Hammer. Can I put the fluff requirements for that into the past (since Child of the Creed is in my Origin) or do I need to find a lot of free time to hang around one world at some point? :lmao

Yup, you can put the requirement in the past.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 06:44:34 AM »
Weather has calmed down here a bit, so we should be ready to start the game in a couple of days. PMed linklord since he's the only one with a char sheet not posted yet.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
Quick, someone help, I need a latin-esque family name. :p

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 07:15:47 AM »
Spinoza, Oliveira, Rodriguez, Silva, di Palma, Albuquerque, Alcântara. Tell me if you need more.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 07:29:22 AM »
I mean actual Latin (as in the language), which unfortunately includes none of those. :/

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:05 PM »
Fortunii (blessed by Fate), Equites (Knight), Miles (Soldier, Perfidi mercator (Rogue Trader), Viriliter (Manly); Virtus, Grandifer ?
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »
I still have to hear anything from linklord one way or the other, so   I plan to get the game underway asap without him. If he shows up soon-ish I can still get him into the story (A ship is  a big place, plenty of room for somebody to blend in the background for a bit.

2 more things I need from you guys:
-The ship. I'd like a post with the exact stats and components of what you're getting (Also, whether you get a background package or not).
-Ship roles from Into the Storm. You guys want to use them? If so, I'll need a position for each of you.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
It appears that most of us preferred to take the Overlord. 
In order to take it, first, the Dynasty Path.
warrant Age :Age of RebirthSP 12, profit 10, one Archeotech component. Our Warrant of Trade is as old as the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy. Perhaps the Warrant was signed by Big E Himself  :D
Fortune & Fate :Rising Star Sp 12, PF 10. Free choice on the line. Our dynasty is on the path to riches again !
Acquisition:Reward Sp 16, PF 2. Our RT ancestor did so well during the Crusade he got a Warrant. Something like this.
Sanction :Age of Plunder SP 12, PF 2. Angevin Crusade ? younglings, we've been there from even before that !.
Contacts :Battlefleet Sp 12, PF 2. that's how we kept the Overlord, we've got friends in the Navy.
Warrant Renown :Famous Sp 14, Pf 4. 'Nuff said.

Total : 30 Profit Factor, 78 Ship Points.Thanks to our RT, said SP rise up to 81 ! We are from a "destitute" dynasty, perhaps, but on the way back to wealth, and with a kick-ass ship.

FIDES OMNIA VINCIT or CRESCAT E VOIDIBUS, Overlord class battlecruiser81 Ship points.

Thulean Exploration Vessel : 1 Sp.
Essentials
modified Saturnine Pattern Class 4a Drive (3sp), Miloslav H-616.b Warp Engine, Warpsbane Hull (2sp), Repulsor Multiple Void Shield Array, Ship Master's Bridge, Vitae Life Sustainer, Voidsman Quarters, W240 Passive Auger Array.

Supplementals
 Autotemple (0 sp), poor quality Barracks (1 Sp),  Compartimentalised Cargo Hold (1 sp), Trophy Room (1sp=), XED.11178e Umbertas Device (0 sp)

Weapons
Sunsear Laser Battery (prow) (1 sp), Str 4 1d10+2 Crit 4+, range 9.
 Sunsear Laser Battery (dorsal) 1sp), Str 4 1d10+2 Crit 4+, range 9.
 Sunsear Laser Broadside (port) (1 sp) Str 6 1d10+2 Crit 4+, range 9.
Sunsear Laser Broadside (starboard) (1 sp) Str 6 1d10+2 Crit 4+, range 9.
Lathes Launch Bay (2sp) Str 2.
Lathes Launch Bay  (starboard) (2 sp) Str 2.
Squadrons include on board : 1 Support (Cargo Haulers), 2 Fighters (20*2 Fury), 1 bombers (10 Starhawks.)

Speed : 5(+1 from mod drive, -1 Thulean Exploration Vessel). Manoeuvrability +5. Detection: +20 (included bonus from Thulean Exploration vessel).
Hull : 70 hp Armor :22. Turret rating: 2.

73/90 Power, 77/78 Space.

Population : 100/100. Crew : Competent (30).
Moral : 100+2( Autotemple) +5 (XED.11178e Umbertas Device)-1d5 Barracks= 107- 1d5
Achievement points :+150 Trade,+100 Military, +50 Crime, +100 Exploration, +200 Creed.

-No Manoeuver penalties when travellig through nebulas, ice rings, plasma clouds and other small particle based celestial phenomenaes.
- +10 to Navigation Tests in the Warp. Warp encounters can be rerolled. Travel time halved, encounter roll every three days instead of 5.
-+5 to all Piloting and Navigation tests from crew on the bridge.
-+10 to shipboard BS tests.
- can do active auger in Silent run.

Executive Summary  For her class, average speed, a bit harder to manoeuver, but still manageable, and once we'll have money to get Augmented Retrothrusters, she'll sail as swiftly as a frigate.We can try navigate more easily in dangerous part of space, we can do some stealth, and go through faster than average through the Warp. And it is comparatively safer there for us.
We have a very tough ship, with ship-of-the-line firepower. With Prow+dorsal, we can reinforce either side if needed, or get an equivalent to a full broadside volley on front. We have some aircraft to cover our stern, and help us explore/conquer worlds as well. 
She can help us for any kind of endeavour. It is a War ship, no lie, but we can trade, we can convert heathen and chart the unknown. We have room to upgrade the ship as our dynasty grow.

I do consider my job done  :smirk
we must still choose the name , we've got two among the list I've proposed left, so those who didn't said anything about it, pray tell which one you prefer.

I do agree with Ship roles : of course, in that case, I'll be the Navis Primaris/Warp Guide.
EDITED : launch bays contents corrected.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:45:01 AM by Harald »
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
Great job on the ship, Harald! Thanks for doing it.
As for roles, my character doesn't have the important skills for the good ones, so it doesn't really matter to me if we use them or not.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
Presumably, Lord-Captain, as there doesn't appear to be anyone else capable of assuming the role. :lmao

Still say the first name is better.

So, we have the plant-growing thingy?

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 12:04:08 AM »
You have too many squadrons for the launch bays. They come equipped with 1 squadron per point of strength, so that means 4 squadrons total.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
Rolled 1d5 : 5, total 5

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »
There she is,  named and neatly arranged and... stuff.

Yes, half her name comes from the early Roman Emperors. At least I didn't put Caesar in. :p

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
Yes, half her name comes from the early Roman Emperors. At least I didn't put Caesar in. :p

It would have been a mess...( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
In your name salad !(⌐■_■)

-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »

It would have been a mess...( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
In your name salad !(⌐■_■)

That was bad and you should feel bad. :p