Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130702 times)

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »
Unstable Unicorns  A card game where you build a stable of unicorns, and kill off the other players' unicorns.  5 days left to get in on it.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2017, 06:42:44 AM »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »
Welcome to another round of "look at what I found"!

First up, I have to say that I am NOT recommending nor backing this.  I am laughing at it though.

Conspiracy Theory (Funding ends October 9th) - Do you remember how when Cards Against Humanity came out it was basically an adult version (but not an actual rip-off) or Apples to Apples?  (If not, look it up.  They're both good, and similar but with enough differences to not feel like one ripped off the other).  This is totally a rip-off of CAH.  I have to admit, I haven't liked anything Steve Jackson has put out in years.  Many many years.

Next up, we have something that I don't think will meet its goal but looks really cool.

DemoFist " World's most Unique ( Cast Iron ) Hammer " (Funding ends October 5th) - Look at it.  It's like a kid's hulk fist toy made out of cast iron that you use for demolition.  How does it not have more backers?  The right-handed only model is probably dampening things a lot.

Okay, I never even look at the film section of Kickstarter so luckily their homepage pointed this third one out to me directly.

Miss Fisher the Movie (Funding ends October 14th) - If you've already watched Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries then you're already at least as excited about this as I am (or at least you better be!).  For those who are unaware, read the Wikipedia synopsis.  We're already funded, but this show is amazing and it will be amazing as a movie.  They're also adding new reward tiers constantly.

Moving on to more in line with the theme of the boards, we have two games.  First, the video game.

The Cyanide & Happiness Adventure Game (Funding ends October 5th) - I honestly don't think this needs an explanation, and if it does I'm not the one to give it.  Just go look.  Shoo.

Lastly, a more traditional RPG.

Numenera 2: Discovery and Destiny (Funding ends October 27th) - This is more of a Numenera 1.5 than a full second edition, and I'm not big on rules-light games such as Numenera, but I know it's popular so here I am telling you about the kickstarter anyway.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »
Worth noting for aspiring creative types:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/rpg-maker-software

12 days left as of this post.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »
Did you just give Reaper money for more miniatures than you'll ever need/paint?

Then you need The Hobby Holder - A Better Way to Paint Miniatures (Funding ends November 1st).  This actually looks really cool, really comfortable, and I'm currently waiting to see if a spot clears up in an early bird pledge because I want more than one for no good reason at all.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »

I did  :bigeyes
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »

I did too!   :lmao

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2017, 08:42:35 PM »

meh. I'll stick with Lego bricks and mini-figs.

I think minis and a dry erase mat might actually be cheaper than legos.  :P

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:53 PM »

meh. I'll stick with Lego bricks and mini-figs.

I think minis and a dry erase mat might actually be cheaper than legos.  :P

But then for my money I have infinite diversity in infinite combination...   :cool

rather tough to pose most miniatures, not to mention changing up the outfit or weapon. and drawing with dry erase has it's own challenges and limitations.

(I actually have a dry erase table for my gaming, so I've done got the mat beat hands down.)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2017, 07:08:34 PM »
I like pocket pens.

Here is a pocket pen (funding ends November 4th) that you should buy.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »
I like pocket pens.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

I really want this pen.  It is attractive, pocket sized (only slightly larger than a fisher space pen which was my pocket pen for many years), and has a bolt action.  The clip can be removed, and it can take two kinds of ink refills.  You also get your choice of colors and can have different parts of the pen in different colors.  This guy has done two other successful pen kickstarters.

However, this pen doesn't have enough pledges to be successful right now.  You could change that.  Get the pen, get extra to give to your friends.

Do it.  Do it because you love me and want me to be happy.  I am on the search for an amazing pocket pen, and I think this might be it.  Don't you want me to have a great pen?

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »
I like pocket pens.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

I really want this pen.  It is attractive, pocket sized (only slightly larger than a fisher space pen which was my pocket pen for many years), and has a bolt action.  The clip can be removed, and it can take two kinds of ink refills.  You also get your choice of colors and can have different parts of the pen in different colors.  This guy has done two other successful pen kickstarters.

However, this pen doesn't have enough pledges to be successful right now.  You could change that.  Get the pen, get extra to give to your friends.

Do it.  Do it because you love me and want me to be happy.  I am on the search for an amazing pocket pen, and I think this might be it.  Don't you want me to have a great pen?

If you would have happened to have gotten me a copy of the rpgmaker humblebundle, I would have seriously considered it. ;D

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
I like pocket pens.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

If you would have happened to have gotten me a copy of the rpgmaker humblebundle, I would have seriously considered it. ;D

I'm sorry that I didn't realize I would have to bribe people to make a kickstarter successful.  :p

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
I like pocket pens.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

I'm sorry that I didn't realize I would have to bribe people to make a kickstarter successful.  :p

No worries. If I didn't have the resources for the one, it probably would have taken too long for me to gather resources to be in time for the other, anyway. ^^

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »
I like pocket pens.

Do it.  Buy the pen.

Buy it now.

No worries. If I didn't have the resources for the one, it probably would have taken too long for me to gather resources to be in time for the other, anyway. ^^

Don't worry, one pen wouldn't have made a difference.  This one's not going to make it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2017, 11:26:04 PM »
Take a look at these.

Smithsonian Anthology of Hip-Hop and Rap (Funding ends November 16th) - Yes, this is actually the Smithsonian museum.

Goblins Animated (Funding ends November 22nd) - An animated version of the amazing Goblins webcomic.  An amazing voice cast is lined up.

Edit:  Also Zucati Dice: Perfect Plasticâ„¢ Dice (Funding ends November 16th) - Cheap dice!  $5 for a single set, they're plastic but well made.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
For anyone who might be interested in the Zucati dice, they are comparing themselves with Game Science and other manufacturers known for precision made high quality dice.  Check them out, they're more than just plastic dice for cheap.