Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130824 times)

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2019, 07:40:52 PM »
Middara reprint kickstarter!  For anyone who missed the original, from around 5 years ago.  Also, the expansions for Acts 2 & 3 should be coming in it, too.

I have the game, from the first KS.  And it.  Is.  AWESOME.  Just finished a couple of encounters today with friends, and as I said to them, "You know, with Middara, the more I play its story, the more I want to keep playing it!"
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2019, 11:32:44 AM »
Middara 2nd Kickstarter is now live!

It's only just launched, and they've already got over $400,000 US.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »
The Sword Interval - Volume 2 (Funding ends July 18th) - A really good webcomic that's being printed as a graphic novel.  Go give them money, this guy is trying to do this for a living and it's really good.

Trial By Trolley (Funding ends August 7th) - This game looks like it has the chance to be the next Cards Against Humanity.  Just go look at it, I expect you'll either love it or hate it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »
Battering Ram | Medieval Kits (Funding ends September 16th) - As the kickstarter says, "Ready to build siege engines. Real wood and brass construction!"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
Two launched today.

Supreme Leader: Political Agendas & War Packs (Funding ends October 22nd) - This is a good party game that's fun, interesting, and pledging for their second kickstarter doesn't screw you out of anything that you might have missed in the first.  Plus there's a big fancy box!

Reaper Miniatures Bones 5: Escape from Pizza Dungeon (Funding ends November 2nd) - You know exactly what this is, and how many minis you can get that you don't need but will want anyway.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
The lay-flat battle map hardcover arrived today. It's 1.5x the height of a normal D&D book, but it's high quality and the vinyl stickers are fantastic.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »
Two launched today.

Supreme Leader: Political Agendas & War Packs (Funding ends October 22nd) - This is a good party game that's fun, interesting, and pledging for their second kickstarter doesn't screw you out of anything that you might have missed in the first.  Plus there's a big fancy box!

I'm worried about this one.  Everyone give it money, the game is great!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »
Two launched today.

I'm worried about this one.  Everyone give it money, the game is great!

What's the point of putting things here if you don't throw money at the things I want you to?   :P

Orba - A musical instrument designed for your hands (Funding ends January 12th) - I've backed this one as well, I think it will satisfy the urge I've always had to own a theremin but at a significantly lower cost.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2020, 05:36:50 PM »
Welcome to Tortuga, a space pirate's paradise!  Tortuga 2199 is a board game with deck-building elements for up to 4 players.  It features asymmetrical features so each player has their own unique advantages.
What do I win?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2020, 07:39:30 PM »
It's not another hundred dollar kickstarter game, I'll have to look at it closely!

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:06 PM »
Wrath of the Righteous video game and Knights of the Chalice 2 are set to launch Kickstarters next month, as is a remake of Geneforge (not based on a tabletop system, but a game well loved by cRPG fans). I wonder if any will delay.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »
D.E.I. - Divide Et Impera  Another board game, this one set in the frozen future of London.  Players vie for resources, sending their gangs of scrappers to gather everything they can, in the hopes of getting good rewards from the Purebreds (basically the rich folk).

It's a campaign relaunch, as they decided to do a cheaper meeple tier, in addition to the plastic figurines one.  They also re-jiggered some of the rules, if you looked at the original KS.
What do I win?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2020, 11:28:29 PM »
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (Funding ends March 11) - The people who did the Pathfinder Kingmaker video game are doing another Pathfinder adventure path video game kickstarter.  This one has already exceeded the amount of money that Kingmaker raised, the stretch goals are getting interesting.

THE COMPANY RPG (Funding ends February 17) - Not much left in this one but it is an interesting looking pen and paper RPG that you could use to run SCP games in.  D10 dice pool system so not too terribly complicated to learn (from what I can tell).

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2020, 11:22:10 PM »
Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter: We now officially have turn-based combat and player modding promised!  Alleluia!

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2020, 02:32:01 PM »
I can't be interested in WotR because the source material is so much worse than Kingmaker's in pretty much every regard. First book is literally from the writer of Siege of Dragonspear.

edit: Announced they're creating new to the game archetypes for some classes as part of the next stretch goal. These should be in the game's directory as a PDF (since it's a legal requirement). Will they count as official content the same way those two classes did? The only one they've mentioned sounds like it could just be a variant Stygian Slayer with video game friendly spells, but it could not be.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:58:17 PM by Nanashi »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2020, 10:50:14 AM »
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (Funding ends March 13) - This old game is getting a remaster.  I wonder if they'll be doing the rest too.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2020, 12:44:17 AM »
@Nanshork: Backed Geneforge.  Thankee!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »
@Nanshork: Backed Geneforge.  Thankee!

You're welcome, helping people find stuff they want to back is why I made this thread!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »
Vampire: The Masquerade - Vendetta (Funding ends March 25th) - An asymettric-ish card game with obvious origins that looks pretty good, everything is there for you to look at in terms or rules and cards so check it out.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »
KNIGHTS OF THE CHALICE 2 finally has a Kickstarter publicly available after more than a year of waiting!  Fund, fund, fund!