Author Topic: Act - Reality and Illusion  (Read 50600 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Reality and Illusion
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
"No, no, I think that was the big one..."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:27 PM »
"Oh, okay!  Then I think we're-"

Kagome is cut off by the sound of a large bell.  There is a puff of mist, and the wall that was looking strange before now looks even stranger.  In fact, it doesn't look like a wall at all.  Instead it looks like a rather large torii opening up into some mist filled woodland path.  Kuro steps away from the gate and dusts of her hands.

"Okay, we're up and running!  If you two'd walk in together..."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 10:49:16 PM »
Nanashi nods to spider.  "Ready?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »
I nod back at Nanashi, and attempt to crack my neck.

"Ow. Yeah, I'm ready. Let's do this."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »
The two of you step into the gate.  You appear to be on some sort of forested mountain path.  There are small stone shrines lining the path, each of which gives you a faint sense of discomfort.  Faint clouds of mist blow across the path and the surrounding mountainside.  What little of the mountainside you can see, that is.  The path seems to fade out only a little bit ahead of you.  You can probably only see 20 or so feet ahead.  As you walk forwards, the area you can see moves with you.  After a time, you find that you can't see back to where you came from.  At least the path isn't complicated or anything.

You aren't quite sure how long you walk down the path.  There really aren't any landmarks or anything, just a winding mountain path ever leading slightly upward.  Other than the sounds of your feet and the occasional unearthly chiming of a distant bell all is silent and still.  You keep walking.

And walking.

And walking.

And eventually, the path ends.  Before your eyes is a single large torii, just like the one you entered from.  You can't really make out what's on the other side, but it doesn't look like the back room of Lunar Goods.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:22 PM »
"Here it is spider...  we're at the gate.  God, I wish this place wasn't so creepy."  Nanashi looks down at his card to make sure he's in the right place.  you can never tell with fog and creepy graves
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »
The card... doesn't really do anything.  In fact, it hasn't done anything the entire time.  And it isn't like it has a map on it or anything.  Maybe it's enchanted?

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 04:17:34 AM »
I peer over Nanashi's shoulder at the card. "Maybe it's enchanted?" I say dubiously.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
"you know, I was just thinking that.  well, we were told to step out and wait until we noticed that the guards were sufficiently distracted, right?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:18 AM »
I grin. "We about to do something stupid and fun?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
Nanashi chuckles.  "I think so"  And steps through the portal.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
You step though the gate and into... huh.  Some people take modernism to far.  This hallway is practically featureless.  Like some sort of really, really boring space station.  There are signs and things, but you can't read them at all.  Since you don't know Lunar Script or anything.

Well, at least you know where you are supposed to go.  You can't really say how you know, but you can feel yourself being pulled towards something at the other end of this huge ass hallway you're in.

You don't hear or see any guards, but you also don't hear any alarms or klaxons or anything.  It probably isn't quite time for you to move yet.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
After stepping through the portal, I gesture silently towards the other end of the hallway and give Nanashi a questioning look.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:51:12 PM by DonQuixote »

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
Nanashi shakes his head.  "we're supposed to wait, we'll know when they have the guard's attention."  Nanashi stays near the wall, keeping a lookout.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
Time passes...

Then the alarms start.  Flashing lights, loud sounds, running guards, the whole 18 yards.  It looks like most of the guards are leaving the corridor, probably to keep anyone from getting to it from the outside.  Good thing you're already inside~

Now would be a good time to go.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
I nod at Nanashi. "Shall we, then?"

I take a step forward.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »
Nanashi nods.  As they run, he begins focusing his mind and energy on his ninjutsu.  He incants Wind of Menace.

[wind of menace: difficulty 3 soul 6]

ninjutsu 7:4 7d6 : 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 5, 4, total 24

Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »
[success + 2 bonus dice acquired]

Nanashi focuses on his friends, on Koto, on tooryanse, on kagome and the witch, on everything.  He knows that this confrontation is going to be fierce.  He has to be ready.  They are close to the truth, moving closer and closer through the arteries of this building.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »
You aren't really moving though the arteries of this building.  It is a straight corridor.  There isn't even any blood!

Yet~

Ah, but that might change soon.  Those three people ahead of you don't look particularly kind.  And they really don't look like the liked you interrupting their coffee break.

Combat start!

Nanashi first, then the baddies, then Spider!

Wait, doesn't this feel familiar?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 11:46:07 PM »
Nanashi keeps charging.  The closest enemy is his target.  Rearing back his fist, he slams it into the guard.

unarmed strike roll 5:4 +3 damage on hit 5d6 : 6, 3, 3, 2, 6, total 20
Magic do what you will