Author Topic: Act - Black  (Read 19677 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Black
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
Play it cool, you have to remember your earlier ruse, just imagine that he is someone completely new...

Nanashi turns and smiles, watching this new Hasatan-chan "Hello there, She sold me this Sake for [an acceptable price].  I am quite happy with the purchase."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »
"Ah, that is correct, good.  Still, Miss Kagome, you shouldn't try to run the shop while I'm away.  Once I hire some additional help... ah, you there, didn't I run into you on the road earlier?  You wouldn't happen to be interested in a job here, would you be?  We'll pay you nicely."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:50:51 PM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »
"Ah, did we meet?  I was looking around for a shop to buy a nice bottle of sake just a moment ago.  I don't currently have any sort of serious employment.  At the same time, I am about as new to these parts as Miss Kagome.  If you wouldn't mind my inexperience, I would be happy to work here."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »
"Yay~! Yay~!  You're taking employment here~!  You're-  What are you called, if I might ask?"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
Nanashi smiles, her excitement contagious.  "My name is Nana-" Nanashi catches himself as the second syllable leaves his mouth.

damn

"Nana Sekka"  He says.  "I know the name is weird, but I'm pleased to meet you."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:57 PM »
"I see!  The tears of the nameless become old stone.  That is not a bad name by any means~  Well, Nanan-chan~  I look forward to working with you~  I hope you'll take care of me~!"

"Err, Miss Kagome... please don't make decisions like that so quickly...  We haven't even talked about wages or hours or anything..."

"Do not worry about things like that, Hasatan-chan~  The fact of the matter is everything will work out~"

"Err, with that in mind, Mr. Nana, if you would come over here so we can discus wages..."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »
Nanashi seems deeply shaken as the words leave Kagome's mouth.  It takes Hasata calling to him to realize that he needs to come back to the conversation.

"Ah, yes, indeed"  He smiles
He moves over to discuss wages

Hanako, you receive an Chit from me for literally terrifying me.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
I smile at her--the sheer number of improbably adorable girls and women around the Old Capital quickly curbed my initial instinct to be infatuated by everyone--and ask for a bowl of sake.

I catch myself watching her as she walks away and allow myself a half-grin.  Well, maybe not curbed.

Sitting back in my chair, I fold my arms behind my head contentedly.  In spite of myself, I've really been enjoying myself since...

...hang on.

I stiffen slightly.  The past year has been...disconcertingly idyllic.  I lost my soul and ended up here, living with an individual known as "the" Koto whose "the" status has never been explained.  I wind up working with an impressively-endowed woman with six arms, training to use a suit of magical armor.  I get in shape.  This world is too perfect.  Am I really supposed to believe that, by wishing to know the truth, I just happened to wind up in a magical paradise?  Should I simply conclude that reality itself is overseen by some benign entity who just happens to have a penchant for adorable women and Nipponese culture?

I think not.  There's something going on here.  What am I training with Jorougumo for?

Okay, hang on, don't panic.  Keep cool.  Maybe something's going on, but maybe it isn't.  Just...act normal.  Besides, if something is going on, you don't want to let anyone know you know.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
The cute waitress returns with sake and a plain white bottle.

"Here you go~  Oh, and tell me what you think of it.  This sake comes from a new supplier; it's called kyouto."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Quixote receives one Chit for his most recent post
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
I try to flash her a winning smile, but am painfully aware that I succeed only at showing her my teeth.

"Thank you.  I'm sure I'll love the Koto--" damn "Er, I mean kyouto.  A new supplier, eh?  What happened to the old one?"

Think, you idiot, think.  They could be watching you right now!
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
"Eh, nothing happened to the old supplier.  We get sake from multiple places, you know~  Well, what do you think?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
I taste the sake.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
Lets see... Its...

acetic - acid(ity) - aftertaste - age(d) - alcohol - angular - appley - aroma - ascescence - astringent - attack - attractive - austere - backbone - balance - berrylike - big - bitter - body - botrytis - bouquet - brawny - breathe/breathing - breed - briary - brilliant - brix - browning - buttery - candylike - cedar(wood) - charming - chewy - cigarbox - citrusy - closed-in - cloudy - cloying - complex - creamy - crisp - decanting - delicate - depth - dessert wine - direct - dirty - dry - dumb - earthy - easy - elegant - essence - ethyl acetate - fat - filtered - fined - finish - firm - flat - fleshy - flint(y) - floral - forward - foxy - fresh - fruity - full-bodied - funky - gamey/gamelike - glycerin/glycerol - grapefruity - grapey - grassy - green - hard - harsh - hazy - hearty - herbaceous - hollow - hot - jamlike/jammy - leafy - lean - lees - legs - lemony - length - light - lingering - lively - lush - maderized - malolactic fermentation - matchstick - meager - meaty - mouth-filling - musty - nose - nouveau - nutty - oaky - oily - open-up - overipe - oxidized - peppery - perfumed - plump - ponderous - powerful - pruney - puckery - racking - raisiny - refined - residual sugar - rich - rim - ripe - robust - rotten egg - rough - round - rustic - salty - sharp - simple - smoky - soft - sour - spicy - spritzy - stale - stoney/stonelike - structure - sturdy - stylish - supple - sweet - tanky - tannin - tarry/tarlike - tart - taste - tears - thin (bodied) - tight - toasty - tobacco - underipe - unfiltered - unfined - vanilla - vanillin - varietal character - vegetal - vinous - vitis labrusca - vitis vinifera - volatile - warm - watery - weighty - well-balanced - woody - yeasty/yeastlike

Or... something.  Its pretty good.  You quite like it.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
As the indescribable taste washes through my mouth, I find myself loosening up.  Sure, the world may be bizarrely perfect, but so what?  If this is a government facility in which I am kept sedated, my brain interacting with a virtual reality created by the nation's top scientists, what exactly am I going to do about it?

I smile at the cute waitress, my affability restored.  "This is actually quite good.  Kyouto, you say?"

All things considered, I might as well enjoy myself.  Even if the sake was poisoned...

...even if the sake was poisoned...

...poisoned...

...oh God, what if the sake was poisoned?  They know.  And, what's worse, they know I know they know!

...but they might not know I know they know I know they know.  Play it cool, Spider, play it fucking cool.  Excuse yourself to the bathroom and go vomit.  You'll be fine.

I feign a sudden stomach pain and stand up.  "Ah, excuse me," I mutter to the waitress, "I really must use the restroom."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
"Ah, um, good luck?"

The cute waitress looks on in confusion as you badly act your way towards the bathroom.  You do make it though.  As you turn towards the toilet, you catch sign of something strange in the corner of your eye.  There's a... girl... in the bathroom mirror.  Noticing you notice her, she grins faintly and steps out of the mirror.

"You're 'Spider' correct?  There's someone who wants to talk to you.  Won't you come this way?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
I hold up a finger, asking her to wait for a moment, before inserting it into my mouth and triggering my gag reflex.

Vomitting is unpleasant.  Always hated it.  Not the first time I've purged for safety, though.  I'm still convinced that "mysterious illness" circulating through the school was caused by that potato salad.  Thank God for purging, that's all I have to say.

I return to the sink, fill my hands with water, and rinse.  Spitting, I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Sorry about that.  Possible poison.  Now, who exactly wants to talk to me, and why?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:54 PM »
The girl looks amused at your antics.

"Poison, you say?  You must lead a dangerous life.  Well, that doesn't have anything to do with me though.  I'm just a courier.

The one asking for you is 'The Witch of Black Cats.'  I don't know what she wants you for.  You coming along?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 11:35:17 PM »
I narrow my eyes at her and give her a cold, hard stare.  Well, that's the intention.  Unfortunately, I can see myself in the mirror behind her.  My face is clearly not designed for cold, hard stares with narrowed eyes.  That does explain why nobody ever takes me seriously when I'm suspicious of them.

"So, 'The Witch of Black Cats'?  That's all?  You're not going to give me any more than that?  Where would I be going?  Why does she want to speak with me?  This sounds like a trap, and a badly-constructed one, at that.  Who are you working for?  I want real answers."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »
"Now now, you know I'm not allowed to say any more than my employer says I can.  I'd lose my job otherwise.  But it does look like you aren't going to be cooperative...  How unfortunate."

You feel a twinge in the back of your head, and suddenly notice that you can't hear any sounds from the rest of the eatery.  The mirror behind the girl starts to ripple.

"Well, you're coming along one way or another.  This isn't really something you have any choice over.  So will you make it easy for me?"