Author Topic: Starting info and Backstory conception.  (Read 2009 times)

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Starting info and Backstory conception.
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:02 AM »
Hey all. Ok so as mentioned before, everyone will have roughly 1 week from here to finalize builds and finish creating a backstory or whatever.

Your characters were taken by the Mists of Ravenloft around 6 years ago. The 1st year was probably pretty harsh. Most of Ravenloft is extremely Xenophobic. There is an Outcast rating that I will go over later.
Everyone was placed by the Mists in the Northern area of the core inside Darkon.

Sometime within year 2 everyone eventually met in Darkon. All of you, being strangers to this land decided to put your differences aside and work together to stay alive and hopefully find a way home. Your travels took you all over the northern part of the core. After another two years(making that year 4-ish) your crew was taken notice of. You were contacted by a man named Snorri, and he was working directly for the Dark Lord of Darkon, Azalin Rex.
In the last 30 years, Azalin has tried to escape Ravenloft many times. One time resulted in a entire city being sacrificed, which later became the mini-domain of Necropolis. He is obsessed with escaping Ravenloft.
Currently, Azalin has commissioned the services of the scholar Snorri to travel and research the domains of Ravenloft. Speculation indicates that he is still searching for a new method to escape.
You as players will be working with Snorri. Searching all of Ravenloft for forgotten secrets. The players have never met Azalin directly, but one day you most likely will.

Alright, so that was up to 4 years in Ravenloft. Your party, with Snorri, then left Darkon. You traveled for a few months, went through Falkovnia and ended up in Richemulot. Where you have been living and researching for the past year or so. Richemulot which I described a bit in the FAQ is pretty interesting. You have been dealing with a lot of were-rats while exploring the underground librarys of the past.

Snorri believes he has stumbled across an important text. According to Snorri's research, a small sect of adventurers dissapeared in the domain of Barovia.
The short passage Snorri discovered mentions three holy shrines dedicated to the saints, as well as two powerful artifacts. One is a holy symbol thought to be a part Ravenloft it self. The other is said to be the power of the Sun.

Snorri' knows the road to Barovia is Long and Dangerous, and he has given everyone a few days to prepare. He still has research to conduct here in Richemulot though. So he decides to send his personal servant Gevyen to assist you.

(click to show/hide)

Azalin Rex wiki

Mmmk.. I think thats a good enough start. I will be posting more soon. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something haha
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:04:48 AM by dna1 »
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Starting info and Backstory conception.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:22 AM »
So the first part of the campaign will be travelling to, and taking part in Barovia.

I suppose its up to all of you how much backstory you want to create. I will try and incorporate stuff from it into the campaign. There is lots of cool flavor from darkon and necropolis to draw from. and for awhile when you were in darkon, because of your position with azalin you had a lot of freedom to do with as you pleased.
we wont be starting until probably next friday, so I do encourage getting a cohesive story with other players but its not mandatory.

Everyone receives Darkonese as a free language. Also I will probably be giving a small magic item as well which I will release later.

The party has been living here for the past year.
(click to show/hide)

And travelling to
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:09:35 AM by dna1 »

Offline dna1

• Honorary Mod
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Starting info and Backstory conception.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
Alignment and working with friends who have Opposite Alignment
(click to show/hide)